just saw pics of the packaging from the fb page, very impressive
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:36 AM   #532
Titanchuck
Cyclops
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
.......Alrighty, we only had 10 units of captain America at the event and they are all sold out! Those are the first 10 sets out so we should be seeing some collectors' photos and reviews soon. At the airport now heading back first... Still two XM boys at the event holding the fort
So any idea when the rest will be in Singapore authorized retailers hands?
Titanchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:16 AM   #533
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanchuck View Post
So any idea when the rest will be in Singapore authorized retailers hands?
If customs are smooth... this Friday!
shorudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:49 PM   #534
acme1982
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Perfect!
acme1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:13 PM   #535
built2shred
Phoenix

XM has been pretty impressive so far... I had to pull the trigger on their Black Widow, just way to many extras with that statue to pass it up... I hope they continue that trend, they could become the Hot Toys of statues

I also like the idea of providing a comic version head sculpt and a realistic head sculpt, this seems like a perfect way to appease all collectors.

Just goes to show you that High Quality + Low ES + Lots of extras = people willing to pay almost double for these statues.

And I hope they never go into mix media statues, us lovers of pure statues need a place to get our fix...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:37 PM   #536
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
XM has been pretty impressive so far... I had to pull the trigger on their Black Widow, just way to many extras with that statue to pass it up... I hope they continue that trend, they could become the Hot Toys of statues

I also like the idea of providing a comic version head sculpt and a realistic head sculpt, this seems like a perfect way to appease all collectors.

Just goes to show you that High Quality + Low ES + Lots of extras = people willing to pay almost double for these statues.

And I hope they never go into mix media statues, us lovers of pure statues need a place to get our fix...
Preach it Shred!

Quote:
That's great news! Looking forward to seeing in hand pics of Cap.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:59 AM   #537
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
you guys should strike while the irons hot with a daredevil tease. DD fans are restless after the ho-hum release of their most anticipated statue. I think its pretty cool, but im wondering what you guys can do after being thoroughly impressed by your pieces - magneto in particular
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:14 AM   #538
Titanchuck
Cyclops
Adamantium Member

I hope releases arent going to start being delayed we just got started I noticed cap,hulk, and mark 42 says 2nd quarter 2014
Old 05-13-2014, 04:35 AM   #539
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanchuck View Post
I hope releases arent going to start being delayed we just got started I noticed cap,hulk, and mark 42 says 2nd quarter 2014
Only for the first 3 statues in particular. Being our first roll out, we had to fly to the production factory once every 2 weeks to set the standards, quality and expectations right - we're also paying the factories more than market rates because we only want the best quality. After spending considerable time showing the production line how we paint and do stuff, we've worked out a deal with the factories that we want the same team, same people working on our stuff to ensure consistency instead of changing teams all the time.

Admittedly, these all took awhile to set up but we'd rather delay and ship out good stuff, than rush out bad stuff.

Hold on to your horses though, Capt is certainly out and on its way as we speak!
shorudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:57 AM   #540
Titanchuck
Cyclops
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Only for the first 3 statues in particular. Being our first roll out, we had to fly to the production factory once every 2 weeks to set the standards, quality and expectations right - we're also paying the factories more than market rates because we only want the best quality. After spending considerable time showing the production line how we paint and do stuff, we've worked out a deal with the factories that we want the same team, same people working on our stuff to ensure consistency instead of changing teams all the time.

Admittedly, these all took awhile to set up but we'd rather delay and ship out good stuff, than rush out bad stuff.

Hold on to your horses though, Capt is certainly out and on its way as we speak!
you da man !!!!and XM Studios are the future of kick a*s statues thanks for your time and I look forward to every single sculpt you guys make this going to be a most excellent ride