Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-19-2017, 10:18 AM   #1041
SONICobra
Bane

definitely getting a liv tyler vibe, beautiful portrait

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I was able to get a good shot of her portrait.

SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:27 AM   #1042
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Disregard

Last edited by jpuli28; 09-19-2017 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Wrong quote
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:37 AM   #1043
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
I don't get where your complaint is, you first complained her mouth was open, now youre reply is regarding skin tone/shading...?
I never complained about her mouth that was another collector. Now to address the skin tone So your telling me collectors should pay $470.00 plus shipping for a paintjob that looks identical to a $275.00 statue that was released who knows how long ago?
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:04 AM   #1044
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
I never complained about her mouth that was another collector. Now to address the skin tone So your telling me collectors should pay $470.00 plus shipping for a paintjob that looks identical to a $275.00 statue that was released who knows how long ago?
You know as well as I pictures don't capture the subtleties of colors, especially ones captured from a screen cap.

When I get my Huntress, I can compare the Pyslocke comi with this PF if you like.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:49 AM   #1045
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
My bad dude, multi-tasking is not in my cards today

Absolutely not. But unless we are going to pay even more for, what is it resin, it is what is. Ive said for the past year these price hikes are absolutely absurd and insulting. She was/is my last Sideshow statue.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:12 PM   #1046
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
You know as well as I pictures don't capture the subtleties of colors, especially ones captured from a screen cap.

When I get my Huntress, I can compare the Pyslocke comi with this PF if you like.
Us collectors may disagree with a lot of things but if it's one thing that we have in common we Have a eye for details how many times have we heard the whole wait til you get in hands when it comes to paint and it turned out our initial reaction was correct.

Further more I'm fortunate enough to get to see a lot of ss in person along with other companies like prime one, kotobukiya, D.C. Direct/collectibles, pcs, gentle giant, blitzway etc having 90% ss in my collection I can't tell you they are behind other companies and asking you and I to pay for paintjobs that are close to $200.00 and less statues. You can't fu$k with ss when it comes to sculpt imo they can't be beaten but these prices aren't adding up for me. Sculpt should match paint or make it look like a 2017 statue along with Es, packaging and assesories.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:18 PM   #1047
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Us collectors may disagree with a lot of things but if it's one thing that we have in common we Have a eye for details how many times have we heard the whole wait til you get in hands when it comes to paint and it turned out our initial reaction was correct.

Further more I'm fortunate enough to get to see a lot of ss in person along with other companies like prime one, kotobukiya, D.C. Direct/collectibles, pcs, gentle giant, blitzway etc having 90% ss in my collection I can't tell you they are behind other companies and asking you and I to pay for paintjobs that are close to $200.00 and less statues. You can't fu$k with ss when it comes to sculpt imo they can't be beaten but these prices aren't adding up for me. Sculpt should match paint or make it look like a 2017 statue along with Es, packaging and assesories.
True but the opposite has also been true, the prod also had great paint app.

The only companies I have in my 1/4 collection are SS, GG, PCS, P1 and various customs and I can say is all companies have hit and misses. I do have Koto, DC and other smaller ones but the paint apps I find are no better or worse based on the price point.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:16 PM   #1048
OhHaiMark
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
While everyone is entitled to their opinion, this must be the nit pickiest complaint ive ever heard
I don't think it's that nitpicky. The portrait is arguably the most important part of the statue and personally I don't think the open mouth is a good look. *shrugs*
OhHaiMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:17 PM   #1049
OhHaiMark
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
OhHaiMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:38 PM   #1050
QX403
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
I also voiced my concern over skin shading, however it could just be that her skin tone is so light that the pink shading they would use for that light skin tone might not be picked up easily, however people will have to wait and see in hand.

However the prototype has subtle pink skin shading and it's picked up in the pictures so who knows. A good comparisons is Yamato's Poision Ivy who has the same light skin tone but noticeable shading and she's 1/6th scale. EE exclusive Wonder Woman also has very light skin and noticeable shading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
True but the opposite has also been true, the prod also had great paint app.

The only companies I have in my 1/4 collection are SS, GG, PCS, P1 and various customs and I can say is all companies have hit and misses. I do have Koto, DC and other smaller ones but the paint apps I find are no better or worse based on the price point.
I have 3 XM statues and 5 SS and all my XM statues have significantly better paint application than sideshow, I also have one XM 1/6th size statue and it's paint app is significantly better than my SS comiquettes which I have two.

I'm not a fanboy, XM 1/4th statues cost more generally so I would expect better quality.
QX403 is offline   Reply With Quote