Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 03-29-2017, 03:45 AM   #1881
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Sample looks great
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 03:52 AM   #1882
Python
Omega Red

Best of luck with everything, I hope for all of us you keep making cool stuff and learn the lessons that make said product even better. You have always taken the critics to heart too much (It's easy for an outsider to suggest not doing so I know) just realise and take comfort in the knowledge that there are also plenty of positive comments for Chronicle on these boards. Aside from a couple of threads, you guys do better than many of the producers on here in fact regarding feedback. Sometimes you have to take a little rough with the smooth. Facebook is a good promotion tool also, but if you think the criticism is bad here, that place is a whole other level. Although I appreciate that you can better moderate it all there given it will be your own page which is understandable. Maybe just try to take it a different way in future, if people are complaining, they most likely do it out of genuine love for your products. You could take it as passionate feedback and maybe even improve your product at times, sometimes it helps to have other eyes looking at something you're making, even if it is hard to accept regarding a personal passion product of what many of yours clearly are. The people who complain due to simply being jerks don't leave any real impact on the rest of us, and they don't last too long on the forum.

Hopefully we'll see you guys in future after what is clearly a much needed cool off period, health is more important than statues regardless of their cost etc. I certainly look forward to seeing what you make in future..
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 04:07 AM   #1883
aaron0288
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerassic View Post
Would you two give the righteous crusade a rest. Yeah there was uncalled-for excessive criticism from some folks. But maybe if you hadn't continued making argumentative responses to everyone posting criticism, this thread would have had a chance to cool off and things might not have gone down like they did today?

Edit: Sorry JurassicHead. You snuck that post in while I was typing :\
Indeed. While of course it's a huge shame to lose Paul and Chronicle as a whole off the forum, I think there were many legitimate questions and concerns raised by myself and others, in what I think was a respectful way, that have still gone unanswered. There's no point arguing these points anymore as Paul has gone, and while I'm certainly not going to sit here and say I won't order anything else from them because of it, I really don't think it was handled well by him at all.

Edit.

Last edited by FROBAY; 03-29-2017 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Disrespectful post.
aaron0288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 04:23 AM   #1884
dannygarrett09
Birdman

Shame Paul has gone hoping that we will still see product revels on here etc I just wish that the trolls did not bet him up all the time
dannygarrett09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 06:57 AM   #1885
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Best of luck with everything, I hope for all of us you keep making cool stuff and learning the lessons that make said product even better for all of us. You have always taken the critics to heart too much (It's easy for an outsider to suggest not doing so I know) just realise and take comfort in the knowledge that there are also plenty of positive comments for Chronicle on these boards. Aside from a couple of threads, you guys do better than many of the producers on here in fact regarding feedback. Sometimes you have to take a little rough with the smooth. Facebook is a good promotion tool also, but if you think the criticism is bad here, that place is a whole other level. Although I appreciate that you can better moderate it all there given it will be your own page which is understandable. Maybe just try to take it a different way in future, if people are complaining, they most likely do it out of genuinely love for your products. You could take it as passionate feedback and maybe even improve your product at times, sometimes it helps to have other eyes looking at something you're making, even if it is hard to accept regarding a personal passion product of what many of yours clearly are. The people who complain due to simply being jerks don't leaving any real impact on the rest of us, and they don't last too long on the forum.

Hopefully we'll see you guys in future after what is clearly a much needed cool off period, health is more important than statues regardless of their cost etc. I certainly look forward to seeing what you make in future..

What an excellent post.
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:01 AM   #1886
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

First I do think the madness went too far. However, I think the "dumpster fire" or "pile on" was a result of people having high expectations for this company and from my perspective the quality of the products was going down NOT up to be honest. I don't think anyone even Webb hates this company and wants to see them fall or go out of business.

When ED-209 and CAIN first came out I was like HOLY ---- this company is no joke, there's a new sheriff in town!!! Finally a company that isn't making idealized versions but the real deal from the studio!!! I was genuinely excited to see all the upcoming releases. After The guardian shipped I thought it looked like an average $400 statue only it wasn't $400. The Endo bust was a bummer, the incorrect paint job took a lot of wind out of Chronicles sails as it was the most accurate Endo to date. Anubis KICKED ASS, killer piece in fact my best friend bought one, HOMERUN! Fast forward a bit, I thought the TG 1/2 BD bust was good but I felt the Endo eye was looking strangely upward, another goof that was swept under the rug again not a HUGE deal but not something we expect from a company that delivers products as complex as CAIN and ED-209. Male Rex I thought looked good. the 1/4 Endo was a devastating blow. Also King Conan started to arrive about a week or so after the Endo debacle and from my opinion Arnold's face was simply too dark. I'm not being overly critical and looking for things to discredit but for me his face was a bit too cappuccino colored. Stego looks GREAT another HOMERUN!

When we saw the first pics of the flagship T-Rex piece they were not flattering to say the least and people began to panic. The first pictures were so bad many members began to unfairly accuse DarkMummy that he was recasting/repainting and posting fake unflattering pictures only to take Chronicle down...and it was simply not true.

I posted examples of Chronicle's catalog of previous releases and their associated issues not to tear the company down further but to highlight that there has been a visible decrease in the quality of their products and from my perspective there is a problem. I know Chronicle can blame factory but we don't buy from the factory, we buy from Chronicle. My advice is use the same factories for ALL pieces that made ED-209, CAIN and Anubis for all Chronicle pieces. I want to see the company succeed but moving forward something needs to change.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:48 AM   #1887
John Hammond
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I'm sorry that Paul goes away, it was great to interact with him and he saw that he likes what he does. On the other hand with figures of this level we always expect the best, something close to the prototype, so if the figure is very different and has a poor painting, what must be done is to say, so they do not think everything is going well and continue Making the same mistakes. They have a fantastic saga to make figures, with a merchan that has been totally wasted by the companies of collecting and some good ideas for future figures, I just do not want that all goes away to the trash, I want that they do the best thing possible and to That we have to show the failures, always from the respect.

I've never spent so much money on figures and now I'm doing it because I love JP and dinosaurs since I was little and I want to have an amazing collection and I think thanks to CC I can have it, but I totally depend on them, since if I do not like a figure Of Batman of a company, I can always look for another company or another that is going to do in the future, but with the JP franchise Chronicle is my only option.
John Hammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:57 AM   #1888
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Latest pics look better but one still has the "dots" paint job. I really want this piece but don't want a dots version. Not sure what to do...
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 12:45 PM   #1889
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
I think the problem is I love what I do and the products I make that when they aren't what I was expecting, I take it as personally as you guys. I just feel it's time for a change and I need to distance myself from the Statue Forum. I've made a lot of friends here and I know we will continue to interact.

I'll be on Facebook as that seems to be the way we reach the most people.

I don't want to blame just one person for this decision, this was made before Webb made any of his posts and I didn't want him banned, he'll just go to another forum now and pile on even more.

I've always tried to be very respectful in my posts, I just feel I don't get that in return and it bothers me. I work so hard on these pieces and people only want to pick you apart when you fall down.

Again it's now more about my sanity than the board.

I'm going to continue to make cool pieces to the best of my ability.

And for those that think they can do it better, go buy a license, source a factory and put out a product.

I've been going at this for four years in October. I've spent a lot of time away from my family to build this business and I want less stress in my life, so with that I say goodbye.

Thanks guys, it's been a great ride!

Paul
FB is just one big message board that's occasionally moderated.

This place is tame compared to FB. Sure we have a few Grade A assholes running around, but that's life at the Statue Forum (you get use to it).

Amazing how many witch hunts originate from FB. You piss in someone's cheerios there and the whole world knows and wants to crucify you...and then it spreads to Youtube, Instagram, Twitter like a goddamn cancer.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 01:02 PM   #1890
Darth Milo
Hydra

Sad to hear Chronicle has left the forum.. I always enjoy their live video's on FB so I will keep watching them..

I'm not really a Jurassic Park fan, I only have Chronicle's Cain and ED-209, but they are among the best pieces in my collection.. true pieces of art, especially Cain.
I hope we will see more of these collectibles from CC in the (near) future.
Darth Milo is offline   Reply With Quote