Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 03-24-2017, 04:15 PM   #11
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel54 View Post
yeah, collecting is a b##ch. Since we are comparing notes, for me April is almost the same:

1. ARH Valkyrie repainted by Polyxeni Dalla
2. Kane II by Kostas Krasonis
3. HMO - Siren
4. Level 52 - Catwoman pre order
5. Level 52 - Odin pre order
6. Hopefully ARH Thor repainted by Polyxeni Dalla
7. Hopefully Chronicle Thulsa Doom pre order

Luckily my wife doesn't know ...... nah just kidding.
I thought about the level52 Odin but had to pass. I forgot about Chronicle Thulsa Doom, that one will be hard to pass on for sure.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 04:42 PM   #12
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I don't mind you asking but I just don't discuss painting rates other than to say each artist is different and it may depend on your track record with them (if any) and some other factors including how busy they are and so on. It is always best to contact them directly and negotiate a price. I will tell you that great paint work like great anything else ain't cheap.

To be completely honest I don't even have a firm price yet on my Barbarian. She wants to see it in hand and then we will talk again.

I didn't get Huntress with Cats, it was never one of my favorites and it had a big base and at the time I thought we were going to get a lot of other Frazetta stuff and I was concerned about room and money. I have never even seen one in hand.
I see, well with a hanna myers repaint whatever the price it'll be money well spent from the looks of that frazetta girl.

And i don't know why but when i read fat with cats, i immediately thought ARH frazetta huntress with cats. i completely overlooked the level 52.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:41 PM   #13
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
I thought about the level52 Odin but had to pass. I forgot about Chronicle Thulsa Doom, that one will be hard to pass on for sure.
It seems like the Odin statues are not drawing a lot of positive interest. Good. I personally think it looks awesome and that all you myth/historical collectors are nuts for not jumping on it, but hey... what do I know. It's my hope that Level52 will decide that bulky muscle men don't sell and all the money is made with naked female statues. Fingers crossed for the Warlock.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 06:17 PM   #14
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
I see, well with a hanna myers repaint whatever the price it'll be money well spent from the looks of that frazetta girl.

And i don't know why but when i read fat with cats, i immediately thought ARH frazetta huntress with cats. i completely overlooked the level 52.
That is just an inside joke between me and Shedman. He LOVES the Frazetta style woman and I have teased him for years about it and have called this painting "Fat with Cats" instead of Catwoman.

But to be fair Catwoman was Frank Frazetta's own personal favorite of all of his paintings and truth be told I have seen about 50 Frazetta original paintings in person and I would say that in person this painting is in the top two or three if not the top one in terms of impressive. I think Tony Cipriano told me once he felt the same way about this painting. No print can do it justice that is for sure.
Old 03-24-2017, 06:18 PM   #15
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Can't wait to see the repaint. That was something I felt was needed on the ARH Frazetta statues that I was able to see.

Quote:
But to be fair Catwoman was Frank Frazetta's own personal favorite of all of his paintings and truth be told I have seen about 50 Frazetta original paintings in person and I would say that in person this painting is in the top two or three if not the top one in terms of impressive. I think Tony Cipriano told me once he felt the same way about this painting. No print can do it justice that is for sure.
What about the images in the Frazetta books? I think Cat Girl is in the Icon book. It might be in the Alexander Gallery book, not sure. That's the last Frazetta book I need to get. I haven't seen that many Frazetta prints, but the ones I have seen are poor quality compared to the Icon, Legacy, and Testament book versions. I have the limited editions of those.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 07:44 PM   #16
Wombat
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
5. Commissioned original oil painting - Ken Kelly
What is the subject matter if you don't mind sharing.
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 11:08 AM   #17
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Can't wait to see the repaint. That was something I felt was needed on the ARH Frazetta statues that I was able to see.

What about the images in the Frazetta books? I think Cat Girl is in the Icon book. It might be in the Alexander Gallery book, not sure. That's the last Frazetta book I need to get. I haven't seen that many Frazetta prints, but the ones I have seen are poor quality compared to the Icon, Legacy, and Testament book versions. I have the limited editions of those.
I have all of the Frazetta books of which I am aware going going back to the 1970's and I hope I don't sound smug but no matter how good the look in the books there is something about the way the individual colors catch the light or something in the originals that just make it even more amazing and for me this is especially true with Cat Woman and Dark Kingdom.
Old 03-25-2017, 11:09 AM   #18
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
What is the subject matter if you don't mind sharing.
I don't mind. His fee schedule slides with complexity so it is just a single figure of Kane (my favorite all time book character) with a mountain and castle in the background.

I own a few original sketches but no original paintings and with Frank Frazetta gone Ken is one of my favorites so I approached him with the idea and he said he would do it.
Old 03-25-2017, 11:12 AM   #19
Wombat
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
I don't mind. His fee schedule slides with complexity so it is just a single figure of Kane (my favorite all time book character) with a mountain and castle in the background.

I own a few original sketches but no original paintings and with Frank Frazetta gone Ken is one of my favorites so I approached him with the idea and he said he would do it.
I met Ken a few years back at a comic con in Philly. I was wearing a Frazetta shirt and he called me over to talk. Super nice guy. I bought a few small prints that he signed. I regret not getting anything nicer. Just didn't have the money at the time.
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 11:18 AM   #20
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
I met Ken a few years back at a comic con in Philly. I was wearing a Frazetta shirt and he called me over to talk. Super nice guy. I bought a few small prints that he signed. I regret not getting anything nicer. Just didn't have the money at the time.
You can order good sized and good quality prints from his website. I just ordered one for Shedman a couple of months ago. He will sign them for no extra cost and at least the one I got Shedman looked awesome.