Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-06-2016, 05:30 PM   #1061
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

They should just raise the ES and distribute their pieces through SS. Win Win situation for everyone. Most of these XM pieces stay in South East Asia anyways. So while were likely to have more SS pieces while they can't, their able to have more XM pieces while we can't. Not sure what you guys prefer but I prefer quality over quantity.

In the end I see XM trying to stay relatively small as a company while SS is trying to dominate Distribution throughout the United States. If people are going to pay over $350 to ship an individual XM piece SS should just fork over the cost of a few containers and make the profit themselves and be the exclusive distributor for XM in North America. It's not like they have to sell it for the same cost it is in Singapore, they could just raise the price and justify it by being the only place to buy it in North America (Plus they make money off interest with FlexPay). XM makes more money with less hassle, branches out their brand throughout the United States and makes a ally with a powerful company like SS. As long as it's cheaper than going through the hassle now a days it should be beneficial to everyone involved.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 05:42 PM   #1062
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Instinct View Post
They should just raise the ES and distribute their pieces through SS. Win Win situation for everyone. Most of these XM pieces stay in South East Asia anyways. So while were likely to have more SS pieces while they can't, their able to have more XM pieces while we can't. Not sure what you guys prefer but I prefer quality over quantity.

In the end I see XM trying to stay relatively small as a company while SS is trying to dominate Distribution throughout the United States. If people are going to pay over $350 to ship an individual XM piece SS should just fork over the cost of a few containers and make the profit themselves and be the exclusive distributor for XM in North America. It's not like they have to sell it for the same cost it is in Singapore, they could just raise the price and justify it by being the only place to buy it in North America (Plus they make money off interest with FlexPay). XM makes more money with less hassle, branches out their brand throughout the United States and makes a ally with a powerful company like SS. As long as it's cheaper than going through the hassle now a days it should be beneficial to everyone involved.

For me personally, it's all about the shipping costs. They are just too high to regularly buy XM pieces for me. A $700 XM statue can run you a $1000 shipped. That's what gives me serious pause when purchasing XM merch.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 05:56 PM   #1063
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
For me personally, it's all about the shipping costs. They are just too high to regularly buy XM pieces for me. A $700 XM statue can run you a $1000 shipped. That's what gives me serious pause when purchasing XM merch.
I'm with you but if I had a FlexPay option that is like how SS currently has I might bite the bullet even more buying XM pieces.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:01 PM   #1064
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
I'm with you but if I had a FlexPay option that is like how SS currently has I might bite the bullet even more buying XM pieces.
Flexing certainly wouldn't hurt but I can do that with my contact now. He has no problem taking my money and is an incredibly trustworthy guy. So, it's really shipping costs that do me in.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:35 PM   #1065
actionjackson83
Midnighter

No statue from xm has ever cost me more than $390 to ship and that was only 1 statue which was medusa and that was practically 2 statues in one box.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:45 PM   #1066
Smooth Criminal
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:

It's been said 1000 times XM licence agreement dosent Allow them to sell to North America so selling though sideshow won't happen. Sure XM costs more to North America buyers but this is the exact same thing that European buyers have been voicing when buying sideshow for so many years after shipping and taxes. XM has been true to its word of edition size and quality and won't increase edition sizes and as for becoming all powerful like SS, in 2 years XM has built a name for itself and already considered one of the best statue makers in the business so I think what there doing is just fine! Keep it up XM
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 08:23 PM   #1067
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown View Post
I really think it's 26" not 36" total height, maybe Bryan typed the wrong number.
I'm going with you Lock. Can't be 36 inches.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 09:45 PM   #1068
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
It's been said 1000 times XM licence agreement dosent Allow them to sell to North America so selling though sideshow won't happen. Sure XM costs more to North America buyers but this is the exact same thing that European buyers have been voicing when buying sideshow for so many years after shipping and taxes. XM has been true to its word of edition size and quality and won't increase edition sizes and as for becoming all powerful like SS, in 2 years XM has built a name for itself and already considered one of the best statue makers in the business so I think what there doing is just fine! Keep it up XM
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 10:15 PM   #1069
aaronica
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown View Post
I really think it's 26" not 36" total height, maybe Bryan typed the wrong number.
it is indeed 24-26 inches, l saw it in person
aaronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 10:18 PM   #1070
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote