Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-27-2017, 04:53 AM   #1621
hulkvsmark7
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

what a great statue!
hulkvsmark7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 01:24 AM   #1622
iCollect
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Hi guys! New to the forum here

I'm considering buying this but was concerned about it developing a leaning problem over time. Does anyone who owns this foresee such a problem happening?
I've had issues with a few Bowens leaning and the first Sideshow Lady Death PF leans big time for me. Possibly due to the heat during our summers here in Australia.
It costs US$630 (AUD$820) so just wondering if I should take such a large gamble on this piece.
iCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 01:40 AM   #1623
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCollect View Post
Hi guys! New to the forum here

I'm considering buying this but was concerned about it developing a leaning problem over time. Does anyone who owns this foresee such a problem happening?
I've had issues with a few Bowens leaning and the first Sideshow Lady Death PF leans big time for me. Possibly due to the heat during our summers here in Australia.
It costs US$630 (AUD$820) so just wondering if I should take such a large gamble on this piece.
It has a thick peg with a decent sized metal rod in it. I personally don't see it having leaning issues unless there are extreme heatwaves where you are. In which case, I would just pack it up for the season.
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 02:21 PM   #1624
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

same here
You 'll be surprised at first, but when fixed properly it's not a statue you'll worry about possible lean.
Eky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:35 PM   #1625
iCollect
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Ok cool. Thanks guys
Looks like I'll be placing an order!
iCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:18 PM   #1626
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
Oh man...

This really speaks to the nature of this hobby. The piece has been out for three minutes, and already people are worried about its value.

I miss the days where people collected stuff because they wanted it, and were surprised 10-20 years later when the stuff they collected appreciated in value. Now a piece has to double in price in weeks, or people want to dump it.

Conventional wisdom is, give collectibles like these 5 years at least, but in the case of this hobby I'd settle for 5 months.

I actually asked about the value because i canceled my order for it with sideshow and they sent it to me anyways by mistake and charged my credit card

My fedex account is linked and im an international customer. It charged duties automatically to my fedex account and was left by my door.

Sideshow has admitted their error and offered to give a full refund and shipping costs and allow me to return it.

BUT i will still be out the $80 in duties if i send it back.....for doing nothing wrong

I asked about the price because i wanted to know if i could sell it to recoup my full cost including duties.

The issue is now solved as they gave me 10% off

so thats WHY i was asking..... I think my "nature" is fine (it looked like were directly refering to my posts...so i thought i would redpond with more information
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 12:00 PM   #1627
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

So, what are the chances of finding an EX for sale at a reasonable price this long after it's release? The only place I'm finding one for sale is eBay, and that's been $1000 for weeks now =/
DiscoCougar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 12:05 PM   #1628
pokritz17
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
So, what are the chances of finding an EX for sale at a reasonable price this long after it's release? The only place I'm finding one for sale is eBay, and that's been $1000 for weeks now =/
It probably won't be for awhile, she'll be more hyped as we get closer to the movie. It was supposed to be 2018, but just got pushed back to 2019. So there may be a time at the end of this year where you could get it for slightly above retail.
pokritz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 12:32 AM   #1629
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokritz17 View Post
It probably won't be for awhile, she'll be more hyped as we get closer to the movie. It was supposed to be 2018, but just got pushed back to 2019. So there may be a time at the end of this year where you could get it for slightly above retail.
Your guess is as good as mine.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 02:42 PM   #1630
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
While the Ex head is pretty cool, if I was in the position of wanting this piece but missed out on the Ex, I wouldn't hesitate to pick up the regular. A lot of us who have the Ex like the Ex head, but see ourselves displaying the regular portrait the most. And hell, right now they have free US shipping on the regular!
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote