Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-19-2021, 10:51 AM   #601
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Good for you bud. That’s not been my experience. I’ve got or have on order just about everything I want though. So like hell I’m waiting a year to maybe save 20 bucks, but YMMV.
Money wise, it's probably different when you live outside of the US. Americans get deals like free US shipping etc. Most guys on the facebook group I'm in will sell at around retail, which saves on shipping, customs fees and GST.

The greatest advantage with buying secondary market is knowing what you're getting. I'm fed up with the Sideshow QC song and dance where you need to destroy pieces, wait for it to be adjudicated, and then they send you a new one.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 11:54 AM   #602
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

It’s harder for Canadians to get money back after a lemon is shipped between high costs of export and customs duties it’s been a hard hobby to justify in recent years . A money pit more like it hence why I’m sooooo picky with what I want in a piece .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 12:08 PM   #603
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
It’s harder for Canadians to get money back after a lemon is shipped between high costs of export and customs duties it’s been a hard hobby to justify in recent years . A money pit more like it hence why I’m sooooo picky with what I want in a piece .
Exactly. The exchange, shipping and duties make it hard to justify.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 08:45 PM   #604
Dana P.
TRICKSTER
Adamantium Plus Member

Hey all,

I haven't bought a statue in many a year, but this Symbiote Spidey has piqued my interest.

If I do put this on my list to Santa, are there any codes for discounts and/or free shipping? I signed up for the newsletter or emails or whatever it was for $15.00 off, but didn't receive any confirmation.

So, if anyone has any codes or tips to share as far as saving a few bucks for this, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
"I thought, 'What is this half horse-looking character?' By the end I said 'I get this and I like it.' My first instinct was that I was a bit unsure. He's the only one who can pick up the hammer. He's a worthy from another planet. But he looks like a horse."
Dana P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 10:12 PM   #605
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

If you are looking for a deal Dana P, Black Friday is not that far away.

Sideshow will normally have some specials then and again around Christmas for 12 days of Sideshow.

Also, there is always reward codes Sideshow give away at certain times of the year, but Spooktacular is not a great time to start.

Still, you can get 5 bucks just for registering, here with your e-mail address / Sideshow account.

https://sideshow.com/events/spooktacular
xellos49698 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 10:21 PM   #606
Star-struck
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana P. View Post
Hey all,

I haven't bought a statue in many a year, but this Symbiote Spidey has piqued my interest.

If I do put this on my list to Santa, are there any codes for discounts and/or free shipping? I signed up for the newsletter or emails or whatever it was for $15.00 off, but didn't receive any confirmation.

So, if anyone has any codes or tips to share as far as saving a few bucks for this, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

You also get a $25 coupon when you enter a giveaway on their site. Only works on in stock items though.

Also if you have any reward points saved up, they expire at the end of the year.
Star-struck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 12:32 AM   #607
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

This is so tempting to get. I have there last Symbiote Spidey. Just don’t know if I need another one in my collection but this looks so good.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 01:22 AM   #608
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
This is so tempting to get. I have there last Symbiote Spidey. Just don’t know if I need another one in my collection but this looks so good.
I'm in the same boat and decided to pass. Really should've passed on the last symbiote Spidey as it was just a variant in the same pose. This one is unique but I don't need two symbiote Spideys.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 10:20 AM   #609
XIIIWARRIOR
Sinister Six

73 cargo ships & counting. Not enough Truckers to pick up the goods. Just so you know, the Green squares are the cargo ships.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...les-california
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cargo Ships..jpg
Views:	34
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	143260  
XIIIWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 11:33 AM   #610
Dana P.
TRICKSTER
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post
If you are looking for a deal Dana P, Black Friday is not that far away.

Sideshow will normally have some specials then and again around Christmas for 12 days of Sideshow.

Also, there is always reward codes Sideshow give away at certain times of the year, but Spooktacular is not a great time to start.

Still, you can get 5 bucks just for registering, here with your e-mail address / Sideshow account.

https://sideshow.com/events/spooktacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star-struck View Post
You also get a $25 coupon when you enter a giveaway on their site. Only works on in stock items though.

Also if you have any reward points saved up, they expire at the end of the year.
Thanks for the info!
"I thought, 'What is this half horse-looking character?' By the end I said 'I get this and I like it.' My first instinct was that I was a bit unsure. He's the only one who can pick up the hammer. He's a worthy from another planet. But he looks like a horse."
Dana P. is offline   Reply With Quote