Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-16-2021, 09:50 AM   #421
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Look at this face....it's perfect. They need to just use it for a Cap Life Size Bust and call it a day.

Canale really did a fantastic job.

Damn! That's beautiful
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 10:10 AM   #422
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
I honestly have only liked the Spider-man so far from the new busts, and harley is..ok I guess.

It's going to be hard to get an accurate measure without having one in front of you because of the pose. I look at it this way, if He's oversized maybe I stick him by himself, if he's accurate to what I have, he goes in the main display...though 23 inches deep is rough as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
yeah i think im just going to have to wait until this touches down and people can confirm some dimensions and see how it looks with other pieces. i hope it works out, i love the sculpt
There is a spot reserved in my office for two 1/4 pieces of my favorite two characters, The best Cap and the best Bats. This SS Cap will go there and wait patiently for a worthy Batman.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 11:11 AM   #423
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
There is a spot reserved in my office for two 1/4 pieces of my favorite two characters, The best Cap and the best Bats. This SS Cap will go there and wait patiently for a worthy Batman.
I'm super tempted to get this, I see this as the best Cap to date, want to resist since I don't collect avengers.

Hoping next years Batman is the one we deserve, cause if not its going to have competition with Queen studios 1/4th comic batman they are working on.
moyiori is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 12:29 PM   #424
Mister H
Gen 13

XM is also working on a 1/4 comic Batman. May be a few years though.
Old 09-16-2021, 01:06 PM   #425
AC_808
Hercules

SSC just needs to give Batman the same treatment they gave Cap here with this piece.

A classic comic-based 1/4 Batman statue sculpted exceptionally well like this Captain America statue ...not oversized, mind you. And boom, we'd have the ultimate classic Batman in our collection. Just wish SSC would just do that.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 01:42 PM   #426
Mister H
Gen 13

Put Bel on it.
Old 09-18-2021, 08:53 AM   #427
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Look at this face....it's perfect. They need to just use it for a Cap Life Size Bust and call it a day.

Canale really did a fantastic job.

Man, as suspected, another Canale master sculpt. The result(?), the best Cap on the market, along with raising the sculptural bar. Brilliant work.

And yet, this is both bitter and sweet, for the simple fact that Canale, given this art direction, could/would sculpt this level of excellence all day, everyday! So when we collectors start making "noise", (usually negative), we should channel that sh!t, aiming it at supporting the work, & demanding/clamouring for more of the same, for ALL characters/future sculpts.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 09:00 AM   #428
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i really want to pick this up but am a little concerned about the scale. i know its been brought up before but looking at the size comparison chart next to the last hulk pf is a little concerning. looks like cap would be pretty tall if he was standing up straight. im hoping someone at SS just got the specs wrong
Yeah, was thinking the same, but regardless, too good to pass. If a stand alone, so be it, as this Captain demands it.

But, imagine if future complimentary characters, (Thor, ironman, & Hulk), were sculpted slightly larger scale to match this new line run, as Canale did years ago with the Spidey, Venom, & Carnage comiquettes? Well then, I'm in, with a jaw dropping, drooling grin.
Old 09-18-2021, 09:10 AM   #429
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
SSC just needs to give Batman the same treatment they gave Cap here with this piece.

A classic comic-based 1/4 Batman statue sculpted exceptionally well like this Captain America statue ...not oversized, mind you. And boom, we'd have the ultimate classic Batman in our collection. Just wish SSC would just do that.
100% agree. Bats at this level of sculpt? A must! But why stop there? Sideshow should be churning out this quality daily, making it the standard, for ALL characters.

Need Bats, Mags, Beast, Apocalypse,............etc, ALL sculpted at this sublime level. We've tasted it, & simply can't go back.

And then, after years of waiting, searching, praying for this level of masterful sculpting? THE HULK!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Demanding this level of quality sculpting should be the crux/focus of all our ranting & raving. If we want it.
Old 09-21-2021, 03:35 PM   #430
DANIEL RAND
The Spirit

Curious. Ever wonder why SS can't maintain the same level of quality? And from there, produce Batman, Magneto, Beast and a series of characters with the same excellence as this new Captain? After all, acceptance among collectors and guaranteed purchase would be assured. So why not follow that same quality line indefinitely? Is Canale a great sculptor? One of the best, without a doubt. But don't forget the last Wolverine he made. Is SS one of the biggest companies creating Marvel and DC character sculptures around the world? Yes definitely. Does SS have enough experienced teams and resources to keep the entire team motivated, planning and delivering new products? Of course. So why doesn't it always work?

Simple, even if you have the best team on the field, with the best players on your side, these geniuses don't always get it right. Yes, they try. They, more than anyone else, wanted at any cost to get it right more and more. They plan, they choose the pose, they select the compositional elements of the scene and they execute. But they don't always get it right. And we ask ourselves: why did everything go wrong?

The truth is that we are facing a masterpiece. And even with the combination of all the elements, a masterpiece doesn't happen every day. Masterpiece is the result of something more than just talent, investment and planning working together. Masterpiece is a rare event. And when will this miraculous event repeat itself again? God only knows.
DANIEL RAND is offline   Reply With Quote