Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-12-2021, 09:32 PM   #1
kaizmoto1489
Doh!

Move a glass detolf shelf

Hi everyone,

I know there is a lot of information about the ability to move a glass detolf shelf up and down to accommodate a taller piece.

I see that a lot of people are using the rope metal clamps that you can get at any hardware store and then tighten them down - my question is how much weight will that comfortably support…

I have a new HexHill bust coming and I don’t think it’s too terribly heavy but would these new adjustable rope clamps support something like a Premium Format 1/4 statue that’s 22lbs?

Thanks in advance!!!
kaizmoto1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 02:51 AM   #2
ukshaun
Hercules

Having used metal U clamps myself, i can say, that they will be the strongest part of the self. I also upgraded the glass shelves for thicker shelves. The biggest problem with Ikea Detolf units are their design, which relies of 3 vertical pieces of glass that are required to hold all the weight. Even when holding nothing, the two glass side panels are flexing slightly. Having read stories (and see photo's) of broken (exploded glass) of Detolf units, i ditched 6 of mine and kept one. In that one unit i display not so heavy 1/4 pieces. I would never put an XM Studio's piece on a detolf shelf.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 06:00 PM   #3
tonytiger
The X-Men

I have mine divide into 2 and double the glass self's and also with the u-bolts on all 4 corners under the main rods. I do have some sideshow pieces that have some good weight to them on the self's for years...
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote