Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-18-2020, 08:56 PM   #9471
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeheero View Post
Well if it is free than go right ahead! But usually if I buy an artprint that is $300 or more, I except the signatures are all hand signed by artist. I understand it is probably a COVID-19 thing.
I don't think it's related to COVID. They've been doing automated signatures since before this situation developed. Also, I think the Alex Ross JLA art print is going to be hand signed.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 10:09 PM   #9472
Comicbookguy
Hercules

For those saying it's not worth it for the auto signatures. Yes I said the same and then noticing they all sell out. So I decided my holding out made no difference. I decided to buy them now and not miss out. I like the artwork but the increases in shipping cost, and taxes is killing me. Now I just buy it for the art since 80% of the prints from ss is automated.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 10:10 PM   #9473
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Did anyone order the new Daredevil art print? It looks unique in a way. I kind of like it.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:15 AM   #9474
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post
The Alex Ross lithograph treatment is likely because the previously released giclee' s were limited edition. As someone who has both, my advice is pay the extra money. The Giclee's are a richer deeper color, on a higher quality paper, and it shows. It sucks, as many are hard to find, but it's worth it in my opinion.
Agree, but not a little extra , it’s a lot extra for some great pieces. I love the avenger assemble and I brought the lithographs one on eBay; when I received it, I was disappointed, it feel like regular poster ........ I wasn’t sure if I should keep it or not .
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 02:20 AM   #9475
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jye318 View Post
Agree, but not a little extra , it’s a lot extra for some great pieces. I love the avenger assemble and I brought the lithographs one on eBay; when I received it, I was disappointed, it feel like regular poster ........ I wasn’t sure if I should keep it or not .
The lithographs look cheap with the paper. Should be 100.00 max. Alex Ross posters are way overpriced for the materials they used.
Old 04-20-2020, 02:31 AM   #9476
zeheero
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
The lithographs look cheap with the paper. Should be 100.00 max. Alex Ross posters are way overpriced for the materials they used.
Alex Ross is a great artist, I love the Avenger Assemble Piece he done. Is too bad they never made a canvas version of it.

I think he should be pay a bit more for his Art Prints, he actually signs them manual and not some robot that does it.
zeheero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 05:26 AM   #9477
BurningRage
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeheero View Post
Alex Ross is a great artist, I love the Avenger Assemble Piece he done. Is too bad they never made a canvas version of it.

I think he should be pay a bit more for his Art Prints, he actually signs them manual and not some robot that does it.
There’s been a canvas version for years.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 11:26 AM   #9478
Peedi
The Secret Six

I feel like Assemble has been released like 8 times or something, with a 10-15 year gap between 2 major batches released. Even this go round this past year, it was released at SDCC, SS, and some places online had/have versions of it in 2 different sizes.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 11:35 AM   #9479
zeheero
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I feel like Assemble has been released like 8 times or something, with a 10-15 year gap between 2 major batches released. Even this go round this past year, it was released at SDCC, SS, and some places online had/have versions of it in 2 different sizes.
Do you have a link to a canvas version?
zeheero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 02:23 PM   #9480
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
depends who you ask. I think its worth it, especially when i apply reward points towards it
You’d have to pay me to hang that
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote