Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-12-2014, 02:06 PM   #861
SuperDinoHunter
Hellboy

Hi Alex,

I just saw the new Robocop reboot and it was surprisingly fantastic! I love the original but I thought the direction they took to modernize the new Robocop story was on the money. I didn't think it would live up to the original but I really enjoyed it. My first question to you is did you get a chance to go see it? If yes, what did you think? If no, Will you see it? And last but not least, any plans for sideshow taking on this new Robocop reboot at all or in 1/4 scale? His sliver metallic suit from this new movie is just as visually dynamic and eye catching design as the original. Any Robocop news would be awesome!!!

Thanks again for your time
SuperDinoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:54 PM   #862
floreairfoot
Sinister Six

Hi Alex!

Two questions...

Are there any upcoming plans for a life-size DC character to be announced?

Also, I remember seeing (a loooong time ago) a concept image for a Catwoman life size bust in one of the SS videos.

Do you know if that ever moved forward?

Thanks!
floreairfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:14 PM   #863
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Alex is it not possible to use reward points on waitlist items?
As others have stated, Reward Points cannot be used on Wait Listed items as Wait Listed items are not items that you are placing an order for. Reward Points can only be applied to new In-Stock or Pre-Order items as the system only works on actual orderable items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
Why isn't the art included with the exclusive Wonder Woman premium format figure?
I believe it has to do with licensing constraints (ei: it cannot be offered as an extra piece/print with the product) but it could always end up as an element on the box art (which has happened with some pieces in the past).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDinoHunter View Post
Hi Alex,

I just saw the new Robocop reboot and it was surprisingly fantastic! I love the original but I thought the direction they took to modernize the new Robocop story was on the money. I didn't think it would live up to the original but I really enjoyed it. My first question to you is did you get a chance to go see it? If yes, what did you think? If no, Will you see it? And last but not least, any plans for sideshow taking on this new Robocop reboot at all or in 1/4 scale? His sliver metallic suit from this new movie is just as visually dynamic and eye catching design as the original. Any Robocop news would be awesome!!!

Thanks again for your time
I don't believe anyone here has seen the newest RoboCop movie but there are a few excited people that will more than likely be checking the movie out this weekend. I haven't heard any rumblings of Sideshow doing any collectibles from the movie though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floreairfoot View Post
Hi Alex!

Two questions...

Are there any upcoming plans for a life-size DC character to be announced?

Also, I remember seeing (a loooong time ago) a concept image for a Catwoman life size bust in one of the SS videos.

Do you know if that ever moved forward?

Thanks!
A Life-Size DC Figure? I don't believe anything in that scale for DC is in the works right now.

I really do not know where the Catwoman Life-Size Bust is in development currently. Sorry.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:50 PM   #864
Obi-Wan Kenobi
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

SSALEX, it's possible to see a new project on the first Robocop movie (1987)?

Because the first PF is not beautiful, but today Sideshow is able to create a better achievement.
Obi-Wan Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:55 PM   #865
King Kobra
Frackin!

Hi Alex,
1. Is there any new joe 1/6 figures planned, maybe updates of older ones such as duke, general hawk, firefly, stalker, etc.

2. Will there be any new DC 1/6 figs debuting at the con since there weren't any last year.

3. Will there be any form of star killer soon (1/6 or pf)

And lastly

4. Are the mass effect pf's over with?

THANKS!!
King Kobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:12 PM   #866
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi View Post
SSALEX, it's possible to see a new project on the first Robocop movie (1987)?

Because the first PF is not beautiful, but today Sideshow is able to create a better achievement.
I haven't heard any talk about another 1987 Robocop movie collectible being on the 'to be made' list. So sorry.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:15 PM   #867
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kobra View Post
after how Shep turned out in production (old man Shep) and that funky pose...I sure hope they're done if that's the effort they're going to receive
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:50 PM   #868
mary jane
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Hi SSAlex,

Is it possible to pay my pre order with SS using paypal? example : WW PF : 400$, so i pay up the NRD with CC 40$ (10%) and later on when the item is going to be release, i pay 360+shipping with paypal?
mary jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:21 AM   #869
jedisword
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Hi Alex,

Thank you for answering my questions about Jean and also about Game of Thrones (sad as it is). You should really put that idea out there, I'm sure there are plenty of Sideshow staff that are fans, both designers/creators and the business side of things.
the answer to Jean was the best bit of momentary closure ive had Since January of last year. Now to wait

Also this just popped into my head, is Sideshow still doing their Disney PF line? Id love to see an Aladdin PF with an Ex of Abu or Carpet (the lamp being part of the reg lol. Something like that. There are so many great characters that have yet to be brought to life by you magicians.
jedisword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:52 AM   #870
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kobra View Post
Hi Alex,
1. Is there any new joe 1/6 figures planned, maybe updates of older ones such as duke, general hawk, firefly, stalker, etc.

2. Will there be any new DC 1/6 figs debuting at the con since there weren't any last year.

3. Will there be any form of star killer soon (1/6 or pf)

And lastly

THANKS!!
I'm so sorry but I don't have any yes or no answers for much of these. For questions 1, 2, 3...I really just do not know. As for question...I don't believe there are more Mass Effect collectibles on deck right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary jane View Post
Hi SSAlex,

Is it possible to pay my pre order with SS using paypal? example : WW PF : 400$, so i pay up the NRD with CC 40$ (10%) and later on when the item is going to be release, i pay 360+shipping with paypal?
Paypal is now an available payment option for really new Pre-Order items. Once final dimensions of a piece are known (this includes the final product box size and weight) then Paypal will become available as a payment option for Pre-Orders. This typically occurs once the item on Pre-Order is really close to shipping out to customers (so about a month or so before shipment).

Last edited by SSAlex; 02-14-2014 at 01:29 PM.