Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-26-2017, 06:31 PM   #181
toe
Alpha Flight

just doesn't scream XM style to me. I mean, it is accurate and well done, but it doesn't have that XM flare.
toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 01:17 AM   #182
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Definitely.

HAHAHAHA !!!!
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 01:37 AM   #183
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

I am wondering whey there is no thread about Darth Maul or maybe I did not see it. I saw that statue on youtube and I do think that is the best Darth Maul ever !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsmMm5mIM6A
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 03:22 AM   #184
jkno4u
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
it is ace in my opinion and quite iconic.

pays homage to the carbonite scene in esb.
Indeed an iconic pose.
And some people should watch SW again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Custer View Post
I think we also need to consider that Star Wars is a mainly a movie franchise. Most statues we see discussed here in the forums are from comic book characters and every one of us probably has a different image in our heads when we think about Batman. There are a lot of different versions for every DC and Marvel character and we are used to it, since it can change from one month to the next. But if I say "Darth Vader from ESB" there is only one version that comes to mind.

Movie statues are some of the hardest to get right because people want it to look exactly like they see in the movies. This is certainly not something exclusive of Star Wars, just look how people reacted to the Captain America WS PF, the 1/2 scale WW from P1.
Exactly. At present times when you can have access to all kinds of data and information regarding SW characters, and you, as a company know what SW fans want, it is weird that some of these companies still don't care about what fans look for in their SW collectibles.

When you make a collectible from comic books which have many interpretations for that particular character, then you are in luck compared to making a character from a movie. Collectors might want that movie character to look as close a possible to what has been seen on screen.
jkno4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 03:41 PM   #185
Racetrack
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkno4u View Post
Indeed an iconic pose.
And some people should watch SW again

Exactly. At present times when you can have access to all kinds of data and information regarding SW characters, and you, as a company know what SW fans want, it is weird that some of these companies still don't care about what fans look for in their SW collectibles.

When you make a collectible from comic books which have many interpretations for that particular character, then you are in luck compared to making a character from a movie. Collectors might want that movie character to look as close a possible to what has been seen on screen.
Fett and Vader are old designs that took years to get approval for. I think they learned a lot between then and now with Luke and Maul and the upcoming Yoda/Luke and Predator. This was their first attempt at doing movie statues after all.
Racetrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:49 PM   #186
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

HT ROTS Anakin destroys this.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 07:35 PM   #187
ygfamily21
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

this thing is disgrace to xm
ygfamily21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 09:49 PM   #188
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ygfamily21 View Post
this thing is disgrace to xm
That's a bit harsh.

I think we can all recognize this is not their best effort. But, I've seen it in person, and it's definitely not disgraceful.

Not many people want a statue of the twerpy kid Anakin, bit IF you did, this one's actually a pretty good representation of him.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 12:03 AM   #189
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
That's a bit harsh.

I think we can all recognize this is not their best effort. But, I've seen it in person, and it's definitely not disgraceful.

Not many people want a statue of the twerpy kid Anakin, bit IF you did, this one's actually a pretty good representation of him.
Agree it's not disgraceful, but let's just call it what it is, poor concept and poor execution. It's fine to push the envelop and take risks, but you don't need to be a genius to know that making a little annie statue is a horrible idea.. then force bundling it with a slightly less-objectionable Haden christianson statue and Vader is a hot mess.

XM is a great company, they screwed this up. Let's give them a mulligan
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 01:20 AM   #190
ygfamily21
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

after looking at hulkbuster, weapon x etc i can not find any other words than what i said. this couldve been SO MUCH better. it hurts me so bad and only way to put it is disgrace compare to all their epic statues from last stgcc
ygfamily21 is offline   Reply With Quote