Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-01-2018, 10:56 PM   #10371
kingdavidf
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacon13 View Post
Ok so I understand everything you said and I do agree however I have a true story that kinda makes what SS does questionable. I was on the waitlist for the Grey Hulk Exclusive. They then at some point took me off the waitlist saying there was no chance it would convert. I then contacted them and complained. I said it in no way hurts them to leave me on the list so I insisted they reinstate me back on to the waitlist. They put me back on. Not long after my waitlist converted and the grey hulk with the orange shirt sits on my shelf. So if I had not made the argument I would be short one orange shirted hulk. They should just leave people on the list. It's no skin off their teeth and if it converts everyone is happy. If it does not at least the customer can still feel like they have a chance. False hope is fine with me. Better than you have no chance. Reminds me of when I was at SDCC in line to get the signatures of the voices actors for the last TMNT cartoon. They said there was no chance I would get the signature cause the line was too long. I waited and got the sig. When people tell you there is no chance of something happening I keep running into instances where stuff happens. Ask/stand your ground and you shall receive.
I see where you're coming from and its honestly a fine line that needs to be threaded for them. Sometimes they handle them well, others they shxt the bed, as with any business you cant win em all
kingdavidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 11:28 PM   #10372
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacon13 View Post
Ok so I understand everything you said and I do agree however I have a true story that kinda makes what SS does questionable. I was on the waitlist for the Grey Hulk Exclusive. They then at some point took me off the waitlist saying there was no chance it would convert. I then contacted them and complained. I said it in no way hurts them to leave me on the list so I insisted they reinstate me back on to the waitlist. They put me back on. Not long after my waitlist converted and the grey hulk with the orange shirt sits on my shelf. So if I had not made the argument I would be short one orange shirted hulk. They should just leave people on the list. It's no skin off their teeth and if it converts everyone is happy. If it does not at least the customer can still feel like they have a chance. False hope is fine with me. Better than you have no chance. Reminds me of when I was at SDCC in line to get the signatures of the voices actors for the last TMNT cartoon. They said there was no chance I would get the signature cause the line was too long. I waited and got the sig. When people tell you there is no chance of something happening I keep running into instances where stuff happens. Ask/stand your ground and you shall receive.
False hope could be seen as lost sales to SS. While i may not agree i can understand why SS would start cutting people off the list.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 12:36 AM   #10373
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I don't care if ssc cancels WL items when it's about to ship. However, canceling people's order so early is BS. We are talking about not even a week here. I've had every WL Converted until Thanos came aboard.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 08:26 AM   #10374
Rycher
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdavidf View Post
If SS got 850 WL orders for the EX, then it means that even if all the folks who got an order in cancelled they would still have more people on the WL than they can convert so at that point it makes no sense for them to keep peoples WL orders open hence why yours was most likely cancelled since there was little to no chance you could get one since you were soo far down the list.
That assumes everyone on the waitlist keeps his/her reservation. But people can cancel their waitlists on their own. And even if they don't, and their waitlist converts to an order, they can still decide at that point not to have it fulfilled. For my part, I'd rather be kept on the waitlist until every last unit is sold and past the 30 day return policy.
Rycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 10:25 AM   #10375
kingdavidf
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
False hope could be seen as lost sales to SS. While i may not agree i can understand why SS would start cutting people off the list.
Exactly, and also be a reason a folks dont order the Reg, its all about sales. We 3% know that we can order the reg and if our WL converts call up SS and have them swap out the orders but i'd bet a large majority of folks don't know that at all, and may ultimately not buy the CE because they are waiting for their WL to convert.
kingdavidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 03:11 PM   #10376
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdavidf View Post
We 3% know that we can order the reg and if our WL converts call up SS and have them swap out the orders but i'd bet a large majority of folks don't know that at all, and may ultimately not buy the CE because they are waiting for their WL to convert.
Exactly!
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 05:30 PM   #10377
rcaido
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Just check my credit card and i was billed $1200+ checked sideshow and my Thanos got converted! I pretty much given up on this being converted and decided to go full force with Berserk line. Now i have to rethink my setup.
rcaido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 06:45 PM   #10378
101son
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaido View Post
Just check my credit card and i was billed $1200+ checked sideshow and my Thanos got converted! I pretty much given up on this being converted and decided to go full force with Berserk line. Now i have to rethink my setup.
congrats !
roughly how long ago did you jump on the wait List?
101son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 12:23 AM   #10379
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

So guys , I have brought one of this big dude with exclusive version from a friend, local pick up with no box, I am just wanna double check and make sure this is not a recast statue from China? Thanks for any reply guys.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	42045255-04DB-4026-A793-9E759EB54581.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	272.2 KB
ID:	116831   Click image for larger version

Name:	F8725AD7-DCB8-47A2-8396-FCBEC5ED4706.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	116832   Click image for larger version

Name:	471865A1-BDB6-419C-9DA1-A151F5327D72.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	116833   Click image for larger version

Name:	49F3430C-35CE-43E6-AB07-E9122FD65DD4.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	292.6 KB
ID:	116834  
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 12:49 AM   #10380
bangooface
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jye318 View Post
So guys , I have brought one of this big dude with exclusive version from a friend, local pick up with no box, I am just wanna double check and make sure this is not a recast statue from China? Thanks for any reply guys.
Looks good.
bangooface is offline   Reply With Quote