Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 09-21-2010, 07:46 PM   #21
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Gandolf is GAY??? NO way see I knew there was something funny goin on between him and Sam those looks they gave each other lol
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:51 PM   #22
Jesse321
Galactus

http://www.geekosystem.com/ian-mckel...magneto-shirt/
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:52 PM   #23
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321 View Post
I knew it. It was obvious. Thanks for the proof Jesse!
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:09 PM   #24
Jesse321
Galactus

I wasn't going to say anything ... but as it's been so eloquently pointed out silence = acceptance.

With regard to "choice" ... take it from someone that knows, you don't "choose" to be gay ... if I had a choice, trust me, I would choose to not be ridiculed, or accosted, or harassed, or made to feel inferior any day of the week.

I don't "choose" to be gay anymore than a heterosexual person "chooses" to be straight, you simply are what you are.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:20 PM   #25
IceWing
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekrodneysim View Post
If you're gay, you're gay. No need to advertise, do a parade and make a big fuss. Why worry what people say? Live life how you like it and keep it to yourself. Don't ask, don't tell. No harm done.

Not being negative. Just my opinion.
Nice choice of words in light of today's vote. Real easy to say when it's not you.

We do need to advertise to get awareness out there, just like african americans did during the civil rights movement. Next time you see a black person tell them to go sit at the back of the bus and see what reaction you get.

You probably think that statement is going too far, but it's exactly the same and something you've obviously never experienced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomen View Post
Fully agree. I'm tired of having to concede I'm homophobic unless I agree with the lifestyle. I don't. Never did. Never will. I can certainly like you as a person but disagree with your lifestyle CHOICE. Note that means to me it's not a civil rights issue either.

And I do this every day. My best man at my wedding was gay. Probably still is. See, I still catch up with him. But neither of us care anymore on this front. We concede a difference in our moral stance on this one. Move on.

We can agree to disagree. Or at least I can.

Finally, my older age and spiritual growth makes me realize silence = agreement. That's wrong. It should be speaking = respectful acknowledgement (not agreement) for other's opinion.

That way, we're all true to our own beliefs then, with respect to the other's position.
I don't give a crap if you're homophobic or not, that's your issue. I acknowledge your opinion and your right to have it in our nation, but I do not respect it in the least. You sound like an excellent friend too.
IceWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:20 PM   #26
Barbarian
Jedi Order

What're talkin' about? I totally chose to be straight.
Kidding! I am straight, but not by choice. I agree that being gay is not a choice by far, nor is it immoral, as some have stated. Gay folks can be moral and immoral, just as straight folks can, but not because of their sexuality. To believe that is just plain stupid. Yeah, I said it! Age and spirituality should bring wisdom and enlightenment, not ignorance and closemindedness.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:24 PM   #27
Mad4Busts
Husband-Father-Collector

Don't ask Don't tell was a form of oppression that needed to go away. Why should a gay man or woman have to HIDE what they are while serving in the military?
Mad4Busts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:21 PM   #28
bomen
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321 View Post
I wasn't going to say anything ... but as it's been so eloquently pointed out silence = acceptance.

With regard to "choice" ... take it from someone that knows, you don't "choose" to be gay ... if I had a choice, trust me, I would choose to not be ridiculed, or accosted, or harassed, or made to feel inferior any day of the week.

I don't "choose" to be gay anymore than a heterosexual person "chooses" to be straight, you simply are what you are.
I appreciate Jesse321's respectful response, to each his own belief, agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rest View Post
Age and spirituality should bring wisdom and enlightenment, not ignorance and closemindedness
I do not respect [your opinion] in the least.
[sarcastically] You sound like an excellent friend too.
To believe that is just plain stupid.
The folks they let out of their caves these days.
For the rest, there's that respect of diverse opinions I was talking about.
bomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:36 PM   #29
Barbarian
Jedi Order

You think that by judging others that your are being diverse?!? That's a good one!

“The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness

“If you judge people, you have no time to love them.”
-Mother Teresa

“Judgements prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances.”
-Wayne Dyer

“We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path.”
- Paulo Coelho

...and don't even get me started on what the Bible states about judgments.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:36 PM   #30
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomen View Post
I appreciate Jesse321's respectful response, to each his own belief, agreed.
Please don't confuse respectful with complacent ... the difference in our "beliefs", is that mine is backed up with actual experience on the subject. I was married (to a woman) for 3 years, 2 1/2 very happily, and the last few months, not so much.

And before anyone jumps the gun ... I knew I was gay, even when I was married to her. And no, my divorce had nothing to do with my orientation, I hadn't and didn't come out until WAY after my divorce. My divorce had to do with the fact that my ex-wife had an abortion without telling me.

I decided to be true to myself 3 years after my divorce, and have never been happier.

With all due respect, you can "believe" what you like, me I actually KNOW the truth ... and I'm at peace with it, because "the truth" as they say, will set you free.

With that, I'm pretty much done with this subject.