Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches > Art Stories

Old 03-21-2012, 06:54 PM   #11
BaronV
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

If you can get a JSC commission sketch for $300 you better jump on it. The times I've seen him at cons last year and this year when I inquired, his rates were starting at $600 to even get on the list. Remember, when at a Con, JSC chooses which sketch he want's to work on from the commission list. So even if you're #1 in line and get your name on it, you're not guaranteed to get one.

For the first time at this year's WonderCon, his booth was empty of fans when I passed by to get a few sigs.

I also disdain when artists/writers charge for signatures, but at least allow a few items to be signed for free for the fans. A few artists allowed like 2 signed items free and then asked a couple bucks for each additional item which I think is fair in order to keep the flippers who bring a truck-load of stuff for signatures that take up the artist's time and keep other fans stuck in line waiting.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #12
ftrain1
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

There's a very small chance you might be able to grab a quickie free sketch from Campbell. The infamous Boston flipper who ruined everything for Adam Hughes fans was able to beg his way in to a free Campbell Black Cat head sketch which he of course put on eBay that night.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #13
jasong888
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

still have the dream of owning a JSC commission piece. we'll see what the future holds and how ridiculous artists get with whatever is going on in their heads