Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-07-2017, 01:39 AM   #91
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Well to be fair, Right now Comic Book Movies and TV shows are pretty hot at the moment and to be honest pretty much all the main and secondary characters are white in the comic books as most of them were originally written back in the 40'-50's, so it doesn't give minorities a chance to be in any of these high profile films or TV Shows, that's why they're doing it.

So don't be surprised when we see a Gay 5'-2" Asian Superman dating Jimmy Olson instead of Lois Lane in the near future

That said they could just make new characters for the Movie or TV Show and make them a minority to begin with. They really don't need to take well known characters and race/gender/sexuality change them. Like Spider-Man Homecoming, instead of making Mary Jane African American they could of just made up a new girl that was African American that Parker liked.... After all it's not a big deal if the Mary Jane character is not in the movie.
I do have a love hate relationship with what they are building towards in Homecoming. I liked what Zendya did with her character in the film and welcome her as the defacto "MJ". That said, it does erase any chance for "Mary Jane", played by an African American actress or otherwise, to be in the series. I'm not a big Mary Jane fan so I couldn't care less but I understand if there are people who followed her more closely that would be upset that the character doesn't have a more traditional backstory (regardless of race).
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 01:48 AM   #92
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
I'm not saying she isn't a good actor, I'm in denial they couldn't find a more comic accurate appearance who could also act for a film that is DIRECTLY a SPECIFIC comic adaptation.

I wanted to give it a shot, at least I tried, but additional race bending put me over.

Yes that relationship is utterly weird but technically they weren't step siblings.
He was raised in the same house by her father from the time they were in elementary school until adulthood... makes them step siblings in my book.

I can appreciate where you are coming from in wanting a "DIRECTLY SPECIFIC comic adaptations" but at the same time it's 2017 and not 1967. People of colour can't be expected to simply contribute to the box office but solely see Caucasian people populate all the blockbuster films. Iris West, like Perry White or Domino, can be race swapped without vastly altering your narrative. Ironically the likes of Iron Fist could not but I don't think they could have cast Danny Rand any worse.

Last edited by Matches Malone; 08-07-2017 at 10:41 AM.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 03:38 PM   #93
Gothamite
Phoenix

There are two DCEU Flash movie threads. This one was started first, so I'm posting this bit of news here.

Michael Keaton is currently in talks to return as Batman.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-movie-1299668

Quote:
Michael Keaton, who famously starred as the Caped Crusader in the Tim Burton-directed early 1990s Batman movies, is in talks to reprise the character for Warner Bros.’s DC movie, The Flash.

But wait, there’s more. If a deal makes, Keaton wouldn’t just return for Flash but possibly for several other DC-oriented film projects. Sources tell THR that the role being envisioned for the veteran actor is akin to the role played by Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, something of a mentor or guide or even string puller.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 07:20 PM   #94
off
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
There are two DCEU Flash movie threads. This one was started first, so I'm posting this bit of news here.

Michael Keaton is currently in talks to return as Batman.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-movie-1299668
Best Batman ever.

Period.

No back talk, young'ins.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 07:23 PM   #95
adee
Green Arrow

I’m guessing he’ll be Thomas Wayne? It’s definitely intriguing.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 09:02 PM   #96
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by off View Post
Best Batman ever.

Period.

No back talk, young'ins.
Who're you callin' young'in? I think he was okay, with what he was given.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I’m guessing he’ll be Thomas Wayne? It’s definitely intriguing.
Could be, could be a Bruce cameo for the big screen intro of the multi-verse. Depends on how closely they follow the story.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 09:30 PM   #97
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Speaking of Batman, director Joel Schumacher passed away today from cancer, age 80. R.I.P.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 10:21 PM   #98
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by off View Post
Best Batman ever.

Period.

No back talk, young'ins.

Keaton was not even close to being the best Batman ever, and I'm definitely not a "young'ins".
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 10:59 PM   #99
built2shred
Phoenix

R.I.P. Joel Schumacher...

I was never a big fan of his movies but it's always sad to see someone pass away... I will say out of all his movies I did like the Lost Boys the best...

Regarding future Flash movies, didn't Ezra Miller lose his Flash role for beating up a girl?
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 11:32 PM   #100
off
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Keaton was not even close to being the best Batman ever, and I'm definitely not a "young'ins".
Fine, West was pretty dope too.
off is offline   Reply With Quote