Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 04-25-2013, 10:15 AM   #941
bloodrain
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I received my Englert Blackwater print yesterday. To my surprise they also threw in the Monty Python inspired Handbill as well. Ill have to take it to the framers this weekend

bloodrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #942
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Man I think this Blackwater print might be Enlert's best. It has a real old paint look to it. Maybe it's just your photo but the water and sky look real. He really needs to do that Goonies scene I mentioned somewhere around here.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:40 AM   #943
BOSCO
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Call me but I had an opportunity to pick this up at a fair price and snagged it. I'm a HUGE fan of the film and the metal concept on this particular piece was just to cool to pass up.

At first I wasn't to keen on this print but over time I started really warming up to it. After finally seeing some quality pictures I kind of fell in love with it. The omission of the scorpion still bothers me a bit but its a minor quibble.

Exclusivity usually doesn't play a factor in me liking a piece or not but I'd be lying if I didn't disclose that I think its kind of cool there are only 50 of these out there.

So this is my first time seeing a "metal" print in person. Good lord, words can't describe how sweet this looks. The way the light reflects off it is amazing. This just got bumped to #1 in my framing queue.

A few pics...

Congrats HB. That's the first metallic print I've seen.
It looks awesome
BOSCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:25 AM   #944
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

I didn't even know there was a metal variant for Drive, damn sweet score Scott. Congrats.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:49 PM   #945
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Thanks guys.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #946
RabagaZt
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Where do you buy those metalposters? Never seen anything like that for sale at Mondo :S
RabagaZt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #947
bloodrain

If im not mistaken those were released at the mondo stout show. They are generally the first to go though as they are very limited
bloodrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:44 PM   #948
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

bloodrain, how cool is that you got the handbill also. man, I've had a tough time finding the blackwater for under $200 and my handbill i got on the bay was a bit more, but, i also get the GOLDEN TICKET. oh well. really in no rush for the blackwater, got a few feelers out.

in other news, scored this a few weeks ago. Anthony Michael Hall will be at the Phoenix Con here next month and I had been searching for something cool to have him sign. ran across this and bought it superfast! found at PosterCabaret. they're in the process of overhauling their website so a response to my many emails/phone calls took a bit, but, everything worked out in the end. btw: an eBay seller had this for over $200 and wouldn't budge for less than $180 (if i remember correctly). i scored for $50!
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:44 PM   #949
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I got one print from the Stout/Taylor show. I had to pull the trigger before things got crazy. Maybe I'll snap a pic. No one here seems really interested in it. But it was a must own for me.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #950
Tiny Eli
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I've gotten a number of prints within the last month so I thought I'd throw some pictures of the more rare ones up. I should also be getting Craig Drake's Kaneda! and Ashley Wood's There soon. Most of this was done through various trades so my wallet isn't hurting too bad. I did trade away my Ken Taylor Halloween Variant but for someone who has never seen the movie, not a terrible loss.

Tiny Eli is offline   Reply With Quote