Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-22-2013, 12:59 AM   #1
SONICobra
Batman

Question The Official "Ask Sideshow" Thread (Check 3rd post before asking questions)

Credit to SONICobra for the suggestion, welcome to the ASK SIDESHOW THREAD!

Last edited by Rocket; 10-22-2013 at 05:08 AM.
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:48 AM   #2
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

An Ask Sideshow question here would be great! Please know that there are some questions that may well never be answered that get asked a lot (I say MAY since there may be products that we can reveal updates for). Those types of questions are (but not limited to)...
  • Questions about teased/previewed product that has never been released on Pre-Order (some examples would be: Alien Queen Hive Diorama, TRON lightcycle, Hellraiser, etc). If we have information to share about a highly anticipated item that we showed years ago through a sketch, video, etc. then we will love to share it with y'all!
  • Questions about the exact Pre-Order time frame for an item.
  • Status of an order you placed, shipping question on a product you ordered, reward points you've acquired, customer account questions, cancelling an order, a return you want to make, a damaged inquiry, etc. Our helpful customer service department is available to answer questions about specific your order/account/etc and are the best route to go for troubleshooting/resolution/answers.

Wait, does this mean you can't ask any questions that fit the examples above? No, please feel free to do so. I just wanted to warn folks ahead of time that not all questions will be answerable and/or are better answered through other channels in some instances.

Great questions to ask (but not limited to):

• Notice something might be displaying oddly on the site and want to ask about that? Go right ahead!
  • Have questions about an item on Pre-Order or In-Stock? Ask away!
  • General questions about order placement, rewards program, coupons, gift cards, etc. are welcome (though I do urge folks to always contact our customer service department first for such inquiries) if you feel having answers live in an 'Ask Sideshow' section is beneficial for other members that might have the same question(s).

I (and all Sideshow reps) do love all the questions that pop up and we will try to answer as many that we can.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS WITH ANSWERS

Star Wars
Q: Is a Darth Vader Legendary Scale Figure in the works?
A: This item is still happening but has been going through lots or revisions.

Q: Are more Star Wars Mythos Statues in the works?
A: The Star Wars Mythos line is on indefinite hold at this time per the licensor.

Q: Are more Star Wars Premium Format Figures and Statues in the works?
A: Yes, yes there are. Some from the upcoming Episode VII movie and others from the original and prequel trilogies.

Disney
Q: Is the Disney Villain PF Line done?
A: As far as I am aware but the main focus for Disney related items is Star Wars and Marvel. Don't foresee any other Disney properties tackled anytime soon.

DC
Q: Is another Green Lantern Premium Format happening?
A: I really do not know. Given the popularity of the character I can see one in the future but it would be many years away.

Q: Is the Flash going to be made into Premium Format Figure?
A: Unknown at this time.

Marvel
Q: Juggernaut...is he still happening?
A: I really have no news about Juggernaut. I believe he's still in the pipeline but do not know where he is development wise.

Alien/Predator
Q: Is there Alien Queen Diorama still going to be released?
A: This project was far too challenging to make it a viable product to be mass produced, so it will remain as a one off piece.

Q: Are more Predator or Alien 1/4 Scale products in the works?
A: There are more Predator and Alien pieces coming down the pipeline but all look to be smaller than 1/4 scale.

Q: Are more Predator or Alien Legendary Scale Busts in the works?
A: Aside from the already shown Alien Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust I really do not know if more are coming.

Ghost Busters
Q: Ghostbusters PF's....what are the chances?
A: Sideshow currently does not hold the Ghostbuster's license, so I don't see any products from that movie in the near future at least.

Misc
Q: Will Legendary Scale Figures that sell out even have a numbered produced published?
A: It's always possible but I really cannot confirm that they will ever have a numbered edition published.

Last edited by SSAlex; 09-18-2015 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Forgot some bullet points
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:00 AM   #3
Atheris
The Maxx

Where's the Tron light cycle?

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:06 AM   #4
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Where's the Tron light cycle?

Chris
If I had an answer for ya I would let you know but that is one (of a few projects) that I have no update to give at this time. Hopefully in the future! :-)
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:43 AM   #5
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

This is the coolest thread ever! It will be much easier for us to interact with the awesome Sideshow artists and Alex here!

Alex, do you have any updates on the Iron Man Extremis statue on the calendar sneak below? Will it proceed as a 1/4 scale Comiquette? Many fans including me have been waiting for Sideshow to put out a new modern Iron Man 1/4 Comiquette for a long time!

JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:57 AM   #6
Spazzy
Hercules

Is the joe statue and pf line dead? Also disney? Sales seem slow on past pieces but still sell well it looks like. No sneak peeks for either line and has been awhile since last releases
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:08 AM   #7
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

I would propose that the OP's original intent of this thread was to discuss the merits of having an Ask Sideshow thread rather than this being an actual Ask Sideshow thread so I would suggest that any questions for Sideshow not be asked until the actual thread is created unless the questions are related to the merits of having such a thread.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:13 AM   #8
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

I am glad that SSAlex is open to the idea of having such a thread on this forum. I know that Ask Sideshow has been a regular section on Sideshow Collectors forum for quite some time so it would be great to have one here to interact with Sideshow staff that are so inclined.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:50 AM   #9
Vracula
Jedi Order

This is cool!!

Any new licences in the pipeline? Would love a hint towards a genre,like movies,comics,horror,sci fi etc.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:01 AM   #10
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
- is the disney animated villains line dead or not?
- are there any new game related pieces in the pipeline? (don't need to know what licenses or anything, just if there are any planned apart from deadwing)?

tnx ^_~
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote