Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-17-2017, 03:30 PM   #971
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifixion View Post
Are the codes silver or white?
Silver, duh. Makin it rain with at least 6 shiny quarters!

Silver for the win for my discounts AND Storm statues.

Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:21 PM   #972
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

In my opinion all of the complaining regarding points, rewards, expiration of rewards and points, are all symptomatic of the real issue of increasing prices and collectors feeling like they are being priced out. Like the housing market. Like many things in today's world. Bigger divide of have and have not. But like drugs, this is an addiction and some of us will have to crash through the withdrawals and move on to other hobbies before the market will bear any changes. Sorry folks. No good news here.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:43 PM   #973
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
In my opinion all of the complaining regarding points, rewards, expiration of rewards and points, are all symptomatic of the real issue of increasing prices and collectors feeling like they are being priced out. Like the housing market. Like many things in today's world. Bigger divide of have and have not. But like drugs, this is an addiction and some of us will have to crash through the withdrawals and move on to other hobbies before the market will bear any changes. Sorry folks. No good news here.
I respectfully disagree, at least in my case. Thankfully I can afford these pieces.

But as a matter of principle when I'm sent a code and it is expired before I get to use it or it won't work with what I want to purchase but has no specified terms it turns me off from buying anything or wanting to go back to the site.

I dunno, I just think it's common retail sense to not tease your customer base with discounts to try and increase traffic to your site just to be let down...

If they need to do these 2 min code drills have the codes reduce in value over time or how many redeemed. Dedicate a marketing spend and give customers a chance over a 15 min time period or first 50/100 redeemed...
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:11 PM   #974
dechirico7
The Flash

I am divided on the codes.

I think it is great that Sideshow does them. I appreciate the codes that I have been able to bank.

However...
Like 82% of Americans, I work first shift. Well, I work first and part of second shift, 10-13 hours. And because of that, I miss 95% of the codes. I get it, Sideshow posts the codes when their office is open. Understandable. HOWEVER, they did post a code early one morning. What was it, 2 or 3 am? If they could post one then, why not post them throughout the day?

And of course, the time limits....It literally takes me a couple minutes to load their site and put my password in. So, codes with a 2 minute time limit are unobtainable for me.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:20 PM   #975
grphyx1
Kingpin

Got used to it ordering posters in mondo. You win some you lose some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
I agree, Those are fun. But 2 minute expiration time???

I can see if the time was +15 minutes then yea there was enough time to see, log in and claim. I might not been fast enough. But 2 freaking minutes from a random post time??? Even if the 2 minute times were announced in advance it would be better. But random is pretty cheesy...

Come on...

grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:03 PM   #976
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Got used to it ordering posters in mondo. You win some you lose some.
With Mondo it's more like you lose some you lose some. So glad I'm done with that joke company and they're largely irrelevant now.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:53 AM   #977
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
I respectfully disagree, at least in my case. Thankfully I can afford these pieces.

But as a matter of principle when I'm sent a code and it is expired before I get to use it or it won't work with what I want to purchase but has no specified terms it turns me off from buying anything or wanting to go back to the site.

I dunno, I just think it's common retail sense to not tease your customer base with discounts to try and increase traffic to your site just to be let down...

If they need to do these 2 min code drills have the codes reduce in value over time or how many redeemed. Dedicate a marketing spend and give customers a chance over a 15 min time period or first 50/100 redeemed...
I welcome your opinion but I think other forum members did point out an important thing in that other distributors (what we know as retailers) also offer discounts with various limitations without the same backlash. In my opinion still, people are angry with the price trends and giving a few dollars that expire doesn't do much to soften the blow.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:58 PM   #978
Sinema
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Comments like this annoy me. If it's just a pile of painted resin go buy a chunk of plastic and spray paint it and put in your house and stop buying these.
People who put more stock into something than it really is annoy me.

But I do appreciate your concern for my financial well being.
Sinema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:01 PM   #979
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Folks that get annoyed annoy me.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:04 PM   #980
Sinema
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Welcome to the Annoyed Collectors Club. Memberships...3 so far. Established 2017.
Sinema is offline   Reply With Quote