Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Artist's Alley

Old 12-07-2008, 05:15 AM   #21
demonhunter
Kingpin

Thanks, moogled.

I enjoy drawing and I practise whenever I can.

I remember how it was fun for me to make my own comic pages.

I did a few 6 pages comic stories for an underground artists group that I used to join, long ago.

So, here's a short story I did today.

There is no Wonder Toys toy shop in Malaysia. It's fictional.

Larger versions.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...ck_1_smlbc.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...ck_2_smlbc.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...omick_3abc.jpg
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 05:49 AM   #22
demonhunter
Kingpin

Old 12-21-2008, 11:11 AM   #23
demonhunter
Kingpin

I'm going on vacation tomorrow, so, this is the last one for tonight.

Old 12-26-2008, 01:51 PM   #24
demonhunter
Kingpin

Jun(or Princess if I remember correctly) from Gatchaman or Batlle of The Planets(Top Cow Comics) or G-Force.
I think the original full name from Japan was Science Team Ninja Gatchaman. What a mouthful.

Did this in about 4 hours time. Mostly from exploring and finding the pose that would work. At first I wanted to do a seductive sexy ****ty pose, but it didn't quite work, so scrapped that and chose an action pose instead.

It is said that the original manga of Gatchaman had lots of nudity and violence, but it was toned down in the cartoons for the English version. In the orginal, Jun fights with a weapon that looked like a yo-yo, but could cut baddies up. So, I put in the yo-yo of death.

I started with a skeleton of the pose, but couldn't quite work it out, so I went ahead to do the face first, after I got what I think I wanted for the face, I went back to build the body starting from the upper body then to the arms and followed by lower body. I think I made her eyes a little bigger than how I usually draw eyes for girls, and her face a little bit cuter, to make that girly girl look as Jun is supposed to be although she was a Science Team Ninja. Oh yeah, her helmet as of her team mates are shaped like bird heads. Her helmet is that of the Swan head. Those 2 black dots are 'eyes'. Her male team mates helmets are of hawks and eagles, more fierce birds.

I was a fan of the English version cartoon when I was a kid. For some reasons, the rehashed cartoon was called G-Force, toned down, and they had this theme music that kept playing in the background for almost every scene. G-Force dum dum, G-Force dum di dum dum, G-Force........
Old 12-28-2008, 08:55 PM   #25
demonhunter
Kingpin

Old 01-04-2009, 05:12 AM   #26
demonhunter
Kingpin

12" x 16" artblock paper.
Pencils only.

My scanner wasn't big enough, I scanned 2 halves and joined them together.

So, I used photoshop to quickly touch up the joint.

Larger pic here
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...surfer_med.jpg
Old 01-14-2009, 11:15 AM   #27
demonhunter
Kingpin

Chinese New Year is just around the corner.....I wish all a Happy Chinese New Year. May the year of the Ox bring great fortune and prosperity, good health and blessings for you and your family.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:40 AM   #28
demonhunter
Kingpin

I have been reading quite a bit on Kara Zor-El; whose Earth name is Supergirl.

I bought the collected editions of Supergirl:Power, Beyond Good and Evil, and the first reappearance of Kara into the DC Universe via the Batman/Superman miniseries by Michael Turner.

Doing the face was the hardest part.
I spent most of the time trying to get that look that I want, a young girl's look, with that playfulness and innocent look.

The pose is not anything spectacular, just standing there, like an ordinary girl.

But that's how Kara is. She's only a 16 year old Kryptonian girl with blue eyes and beautiful blonde hair,and being released not long ago from cyrogenic suspended animation for many years, only to reappear into an alien world whereby her cousin, Superman calls home.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:42 AM   #29
demonhunter
Kingpin

Here's another drawing I did today. Crimson Viper, the newest girl fighter from Street Fighter IV. She is a villain. Works for Seth, the CEO of S.I.N, the weapons division of Shadaloo. She was tasked with finding Ryu and instigating him to turn into Evil Ryu so that data could be recorded for S.I.N.

She uses technological gadgets to give her the edge in fights. Electric shock gloves, booster jet boots, etc.

Old 03-20-2009, 04:48 AM   #30
wolverine1020
Frackin!

Very nice work Demonhunter!
I love your Psylocke.
I wish I had the talent to draw, I really wouldn't know where to start. My buddy does tattoo's and is a great artist, he's always trying to get me to do something.
wolverine1020 is offline   Reply With Quote