Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-19-2017, 04:50 PM   #2701
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
There's certainly drugs involved, but I strongly doubt he's dealing them.....His posts suggest a really heavy level of substance abuse!
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:06 AM   #2702
DarkKnight85
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

So what's the general consensus on this statue? I've been following this forum off and on but the last several pages sounds like there might be a lot of defects/ returns with this statue.

I've probably been keeping an eye on this statue for like 7 months, haven't pulled the trigger though. I have some SS points and also randomly got a 10% discount code to use towards this if I purchase it.

Are many of you happy with the purchase? I'm aware that the actual statue has a different red paint application than the original prototype, but overall would you still vouch for it?

I like this sculptor Harbottle. This statue has like a greek goddess like tone it, which I think really makes it stand out as something quality. I also plan to try and get the Thanos maquette which is by the same sculptor as well.
DarkKnight85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:29 AM   #2703
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Honestly I'm poor working at a grocery store unlike many here who has real jobs with much better pay. So I'm trying to wait to see if I can find deals later, coupons, etc to buy for a bit less. WL is good to give me a chance to get the item but have a chance to cancel if I convert when I find another with no charge to me. Works most times except a couple I missed. But if there were lower Es like the beautiful leopard girl, gamora, The spawn girl, p1 venom, p1 guts, gator guy, all the comic ss turtles I po right away. Others like Luthor, cap marve, super girl, Jason, etc I waited and got a 20-25.00 off coupon. So main to take my chances fir saving money. Unfortunately poor guys have to do this to survive in this hobby with prices more than double now.
I'll say this: at least he is learning some names of the characters
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:29 AM   #2704
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight85 View Post
So what's the general consensus on this statue? I've been following this forum off and on but the last several pages sounds like there might be a lot of defects/ returns with this statue.

I've probably been keeping an eye on this statue for like 7 months, haven't pulled the trigger though. I have some SS points and also randomly got a 10% discount code to use towards this if I purchase it.

Are many of you happy with the purchase? I'm aware that the actual statue has a different red paint application than the original prototype, but overall would you still vouch for it?

I like this sculptor Harbottle. This statue has like a greek goddess like tone it, which I think really makes it stand out as something quality. I also plan to try and get the Thanos maquette which is by the same sculptor as well.
I purchased this using a 10% off code...I like it, but don't love it. my base was damaged and SS is sending me a replacement to their credit.

Given the huge edition size I would recommend folks wait and get a better deal down the road. I doubt anyone will be able to get their money back if they had to sell her.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:28 AM   #2705
~WindzStriker~
Frackin!

pretty hard to read through every posts, so I will just ask.

sorry if my question have been asked before.

anyone faced problems with inserting the waist strap into phoenix ? mine was so tight and I broke one of the sides of the phoenix symbol on the strap while pushing the strap in

will sideshow issue any sort of replacement ?
~WindzStriker~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:55 AM   #2706
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~WindzStriker~ View Post
pretty hard to read through every posts, so I will just ask.

sorry if my question have been asked before.

anyone faced problems with inserting the waist strap into phoenix ? mine was so tight and I broke one of the sides of the phoenix symbol on the strap while pushing the strap in

will sideshow issue any sort of replacement ?
I think you'll need to ask Sideshow.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:24 PM   #2707
ambasah
Red Skull

it was a sucker to get in...more about the right angle than force per se (and yes, that's what she said).

shoot them an email and hopefully they can help out.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 02:11 PM   #2708
~WindzStriker~
Frackin!

will do, will ask SS. Thanks for the advice guys
~WindzStriker~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 03:00 PM   #2709
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I just received my replacement. Got a broken flame again. But this time, it looks like from a return. The plastic bag that holds the colored box was wrinkled and untaped. The opening tab on the colored box was opened before
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 03:18 PM   #2710
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heykool69 View Post
I just received my replacement. Got a broken flame again. But this time, it looks like from a return. The plastic bag that holds the colored box was wrinkled and untaped. The opening tab on the colored box was opened before
I hate that crap. I believe it was confirmed by many that Sideshow uses different stock for replacements. And at times won't go to new stock unless you make a big deal of it.

With the 10% off, Sideshow should offer at least $75 to $100 off damaged pieces. But I doubt that will happen. They should have been more careful designing the base elements and packaging.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote