Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Leave it to the Professionals Please > Erick Sosa

Old 08-03-2010, 04:49 AM   #71
kermitt3
The Spirit

..The Turner image is great...but apart from the pose...wouldn't it be great if with every statue we could find a piece of the villain so that...buyin all four statues we end up with a free full villain too?
kermitt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:52 AM   #72
unclecreepy
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermitt3 View Post
..The Turner image is great...but apart from the pose...wouldn't it be great if with every statue we could find a piece of the villain so that...buyin all four statues we end up with a free full villain too?
unclecreepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:01 AM   #73
aaronica
The Avengers

its look fantastic!!! but there is something abt Mr fantastic that puts me off, his posture ??

is it possible not to stretch his neck, it might look good in 2D but it just looks goofy in 3D
aaronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:00 PM   #74
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclecreepy View Post
wow erick!
then you listen to my requests?
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=107354

i like individual poses, and interlocking bases..but dont like the concept style...sorry

No worries, I do listen! we have been working on many concepts for different Marvel character teams since October 2009 , but I am glad you like the basic idea, we must tweak things, and we will, but again thanks for your awesome feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
Pretty cool, E.

I don't like Sue's pose.

I think something like this or the one above would be cool for a pose-- Anything more action oriented.

Perhaps having her rendering herself partially invisible?

Thanks, E. Keep up the awesome work!

Partially invisible, check!, different cooler, more powerfull/sexy pose, check!

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_jedi View Post
BTW, Erick... don't you ever sleep?
Sleep check!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post
Sue should be using her shield for sure she's one of the most powerful characters in comics.
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
Great looking concept work, E. I hope Thing ends up bigger. I never liked when he was 6' with no neck. I'd really like to see this done Jim Lee style myself so that they are differtentiated from the ones Bowen is doing, but you're the sculptor. From the concept art I thought they were Ultimate version costumes. I do like Reed better in the other image someone posted as he doesn't look wobbly like he's standing on shaky ground. Between this one, Bowen's and the hinted at Sideshow comiquettes, this looks like it's shaping up to be the year of the Fantastic Four.
Jim Lee style would be awesome what do you all think? is anyone ever done the Jim Lee or Byrne styles? let's start a poll shall we? Thanks Morgan! And Thing will be huge... I never liked the idea of him being so compact ! forget cannon on this one, he needs to be slightly bigger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley76 View Post
Awesome, but with regards to the FF She-Hulk, you could give her the same base as Thing so that she fits into the set as well...

With that being said, you could do an "80's" Byrne variant costume limited to a couple of hundred or so, so that She-hulk would look good with them...

Just a though...
Don't think She Hulk will be part of this, but she will be making an appearance elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by elijah_snow View Post
Erick, looks like you've got some great ideas. Here are my thoughts, go what they're worth:

--LOVE the concept of a clear resin "shield thingy" holding up a boulder or some such for Sue. Genius!
--Thing-low to the ground and winding up....excellent.
--not a fan of the current pose for the torch (for no other reason that it looks waaaay too similar to the existing BD FS Human Torch)
--WHile I'm down with a Byrne inspired FF. Please try not to draw any inspiration from his haircuts. Sue's crewcut/mullet combo and Johnny's bowlcut were ridiculous.

Bad guy: Galactus???
This concept was done overnight lol!we had a meeting with Koto the next day, but I assure you, the final poses will look better, more dynamic, and you all will have a huge part in the process, how's that? William and I were thinking he should be flying around most of the team leaving a trail of fire, and about to toss a fireball or something! As for their hair styles, I will make them more traditional

Quote:

Hi Erik..love this pose quite a lot, and it would be cool if she could be in mid air on an invisible force platform...the John Byrne look will be Fantastic BTW..this should be julie bell i think...please just look at the pose...
I may borrow some elements from this thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Lovin' this! What a great start. I'd go Moleman on the villian, with a few of his lil' yellow minions pouring out of the same hole that would be his base. This way, each member of the FF could be "aiming" their powers at a specific threat. The Moleman is just such a classic threat and one that should be honored with this sort of a dynamic collection.

Finally....think Sexy when designing Sue. I know she's an intellegent powerhouse. but I've enjoyed the more sensual artistic freedoms taken with her character over the past 2-3 decades in comics and film. She should "pop".
Sexy , check! powerful check ! Moleman, I'd love to, but it may very well end up being a certain Skrull guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaza5555 View Post
Cool! Can't wait for this. Mr. Fantastic's pose needs a little more work though. Needs to be more dynamic. Keep up the great work, Erick.
Agreed! and thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Looks sweet Erick! I like how Reed has multilpe parts of his body stretching. My only tweak would be to have Sue in a more "stable" stance. I agree with the others that the intergration of the shield and phasing into invisibility would push her over the top.
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerFly View Post
GREAT idea! I can't wait to see these come to fruition.
Thanks man, I am very excited about this myself, we at Koto really want to bring complete teams to the collector, and this will be a great way to stand by our promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Eric, I'd overemphasize the stretching of Reeds torso and arms vs. his legs. Maybe even cut him off at the waist. Makes for a much more dramatic and less silly looking image.
Will do my best not to making look silly at all... maybe him evading a fireball from Super Skrull? once you display him by himself you can remove the fireball... once you put the whole scene together, you can re-attach it, for a better action effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
Agreed.

Maybe it might be worth considering him leaning forward and stretching, almost doubled over. Forward momentum adds a lot more power to the piece. At the moment he kind of looks like he's on the defensive.
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Freire View Post
I like it.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Loki View Post
I Like this pose for Sue. Could Mr. Fantastic have Change-o parts arms. neck stretching or not or diffrent pose. Also Flying Human tourch good I dont really like the wave though. I like Thing he needs to be bigger though. Will this be sold as a set?
These will be sold separately, but I will make sure the releases are constant, although we may sprinkle them with some Avengers.... and other teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by koten View Post
Woot! This is going to be awesome!
Thanks!

Quote:
Annihilus would be a great villain, Or the Frightful Four, heck the Inhumans even though not tech villains they still have had some battles/ Like Namor an..Ill stop now

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Bowen already did this and, while it worked well, If I'm gonna add a 2nd FF team to my collection, I'd love a Reed w/ legs this time. Show the stretching by looping or folding his waist, or w/arm extensions. Heck, you could have him in just the start of a stretch but holding some Kirbyesque, fantastic piece of technology.
Man, the Kirbyesque weapon is an amazing idea, let me see how we can implement it, will do my best ! and thanks!

Quote:
Yes he needs legs no cop out pose
Agreed!

Quote:
Sue is on the defense and the other three are on the attack.
I like the art! and yes, she should be protecting them, and the rest should be attacking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMatrix View Post
Erick please give us the Super Skrull and Dr. Doom statues!
Done! oh and Doom is already out Museum pose Jim Lee inspired...

Quote:
There's pics of the Doom statue.
Yup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
This is going to be a sweet setup!
Thanks! VERY VERY VERY DYNAMIC! I will take all of your ideas put them in a blender, and viola lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac View Post
I would prefer if the Thing was bigger and in a another pose. I think sometype of standing or throwing pose would be great so we can match him up with a Hulk statue.
Yessir, that is the idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
This looks awesome E, thanks for sharing!

Sue - more powerful pose, more commanding, maybe with one of her hands being a fist. She looks a little too dainty here, like she's afraid she's going to fall. "Toughen her" up a bit. Does that make sense...?

Reed - maybe have him stretching more, so his chest/back is spread wide like flag, and maybe a large fist...?

For enemies , I wouldnt mind seeing a herald like Terrax, or maybe even the Surfer! Hows that for thinking outside the box?

Keep up the awesome work!

V
Thanks so much man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
I'm guessing his initials are S.S. Hopefully not a hero/villain like Silver Surfer, Hulk or Namor. I actually like the Sue pose if she's phasing or invisible and has a force shield or force bubbles.

Nice if Thing is larger.
Larger thing coming right up

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Looks great E. It would be interesting to see what SS does with their FF comiquettes which releases next year.
Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodrain View Post
Your thing pose looks really cool. almost identicle to this

This pose also makes the Thing look like such a badass (ignore other character designs in this shot)...Using this Thing pose you could then have sue in the middle putting up a shield, mr fantastic on the right (not sure of a pose) and the human torch flying overhead in the middle
Agreed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by super_jedi View Post
Half or full force field bubble idea is cool, along with phasing interchangeable hand... I think it's nrvrr been done before
real cool idea man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwf6171 View Post
Who does your concept art? Silva Bros?
Yes, they freelance for us, but mainly they work for the Comic Book industry full time, a couple of awesome titles they've drawn are coming out soon I honestly think they are the best conceptual designers in our industry period!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post
Reed never looked better than on the back cover of the Black Panther / Ororo wedding issue. That pose would sell a million statues!
Do you have the art for that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBenSl8 View Post
I vote for that Michael Turner piece. I always thought of the Thing to be this massive force to be reckoned with. Not just a rock covered guy but a colossus. Sue should be sexy with a hairstyle that isn't from the 80s with some sort of shield or invisibility going on. A flaming, fireball throwing Human Torch would be sweet (maybe even light up? YEAH! Put him in the center make him light up and turn off the lights. That's a menacing looking FF. Reed? Well Reed and be intertwined everywhere. One hand helping Ben, the other helping Johnny and have his head stretched down to be my Sue's face looking their threat with a cold calculating stare.
Thing will be big man! thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseydevil View Post
I'm diggin' the Turner art as well. And please, please, please do not have Reed's neck stretching. Please! (Hmmm... did I remember to say "please?")
No long neck, I promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
You need to say "pretty" please to make that happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclecreepy View Post
great!!!

Yes, real cool!

Quote:
seeeee mo ti pare ke ascolta te?
Mi piace sempre di chiedere, รจ necessario ascoltare tutti!

Quote:
[quote=unclecreepy;3480699 [/quote] You like beating up dead horses uh? lol!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronica View Post
its look fantastic!!! but there is something abt Mr fantastic that puts me off, his posture ??

is it possible not to stretch his neck, it might look good in 2D but it just looks goofy in 3D
Agreed! Thanks everyone!
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:15 PM   #75
unclecreepy
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
You like beating up dead horses uh? lol!!!
i like beating up kermitt3!
unclecreepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:50 PM   #76
Vader
Ghost

original sketch looks terrific. i hope it's a modern looking thing (jim lee style).. Glad you're doing Koto's stuff Erick. you're a real talent.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:25 AM   #77
demonhunter
Kingpin

Hi guys, since the first day I saw this, I was very excited. The initial pencil drawings look awesome!

All of them are very nice. My favourite is Human Torch drawing.

Everybody gave ideas later, I thought of some too.I have some ideas. Just to share with everyone. Just suggestions.

I didn't have enough time drawing these out. I started with Invisible Woman but spent too much on her face and hair. Haha.

Just some suggestions:

This is my dream scene:

I think if the characters are positioned differently, i.e some have their backs facing us, it would give diversity in battle positions poses.

For Susan's invisible shield, many people said the FF are a team and Susan is defending, while the others are attacking.

So, for her invisible shield, most of the time, it is depicted like an oversized invisible sphere. Sometimes, it could take other shapes. So, I think if maybe the diorama could show her with a curvy organic shaped like shield it would look even more extraordinary? She doesn't need to generate an all encompassing large surface shield. Her shield can bend and expand when needed, conserve energy, hence the curvy organic like shape.

The Thing and Stretcho.

The Thing is attacking. Attacks high. One big swing of his fist upwards. Massively and devastatingly strong.

Reed on the other hand bends his elastic body in an arch downwards, both elastic fists shooting out ala Dhalsim from Street Fighter.

So, the FF are attacking all spots. High, medium and low on the enemy.

That's my dream scene. ^_^
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:25 AM   #78
demonhunter
Kingpin

Sorry,the previous one only had 4 fingers. My bad. Here, it's fixed. 1 ,2, 3, 4, 5.....5 fingers.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:36 AM   #79
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I think the original is a nice concept. I am however concerned that all three companies currently releasing Marvel product appear to be releasing the same characters at the same time. Its strange that Marvel would permit this.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:55 AM   #80
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
I think the original is a nice concept. I am however concerned that all three companies currently releasing Marvel product appear to be releasing the same characters at the same time. Its strange that Marvel would permit this.
Well, we still haven't seen anything at all from Sideshow except an Invisible Woman quickie that will be part of a "Women of Marvel" or somesuch--which does look to be shaping up nicely. They've pretty much ruled out PFs for now, so assuming if they do the team it will be a set of comiquettes at 1:5 scale, or hopefully 1:4. So chances are it's at least 18 months to 2 years off. Bowen's will be museum posed and from the looks of it a hybrid of Byrne and Perez. So I think Koto is fine going with an action/diorama approach and a more modern interpretation. I could end up with all three sets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKULPTOR View Post

Don't think She Hulk will be part of this, but she will be making an appearance elsewhere
Great news! I'd like to see an Avengers, Savage, Red and Byrne FF all in museum or semi-action poses, 6'7" scale tall and muscular--rather than looking like a model painted green.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote