Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 09-16-2020, 11:27 AM   #161
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

That’s the first issue I have heard and didn’t even realize there was a magnet there. Didn’t think it needed it with the insert and pins. May want to reach out to sideshow as the only issue I ever had with anything they corrected.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:44 PM   #162
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
That’s the first issue I have heard and didn’t even realize there was a magnet there. Didn’t think it needed it with the insert and pins. May want to reach out to sideshow as the only issue I ever had with anything they corrected.
Yep. I was bummed, since Starscream was perfect. Waiting to hear back from Sideshow.

Here’s a comparison of how the wing looks on Skywarp versus Starscream... you can see how the wing kind of flops over and rests on his hip, instead of running parallel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CC962CA3-F5D1-4526-9D45-8848F7C4401E.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	217.7 KB
ID:	133174  
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:50 PM   #163
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Make sure your putting it in in the right angle as they are not the same. Starscream’svare back farther presumably for the king stuff. If that’s not it I am sure sideshow will get you hooked up. Crazy with their shipping costs but they do have decent support service.
Old 09-16-2020, 10:31 PM   #164
rga321
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
Kind of bummed out. My Starscream from BBTS came in perfect and totally exceeded my expectation, so I went ahead and bit the bullet to get Skywarp from Sideshow.

Skywarp came in with a bum left wing... it keeps flopping over. The magnets in it are weak. Anybody who gets one should make sure to inspect the wings, just to make sure they don’t get a faulty one.
Have the same issue with right side wing on Thundercracker, shipping back for replacement. Also had scratches on right side leg and an art box with at least 4 punctures. All 3 boxes for my Seekers set were beat up unfortunately,gauges and punctures.
rga321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 12:42 AM   #165
extracomputer.1

My outer boxes were roughed up but inner boxes were good. I have a very good guy doing my ups deliveries though. Takes pride in his work. That being said though he is just the last link in the chain. Issues could have developed further up even before they entered the US, but fortunately didn’t. Have seen some very bad delivery people videos from all places. Scratches though, makes me think factory as these are very well protected inside.
Old 09-17-2020, 11:26 AM   #166
Mammal
Blue Falcon

This hurt to watch: https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=I...&v=6OYQfskK4jI

From the post:
Quote:
Published on Sep 16, 2020
Unfortunately this guy had too many QC issues and the distributor requested I destroy it. It hurt, but made a crazy video. Beautiful piece in person. I ended up buying another.
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 11:57 AM   #167
extracomputer.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
Ugh! That’s like a gut punch or watching someone take a massive shot to the groin. Makes you feel a loss inside afterwards almost like someone died.
Old 09-26-2020, 12:13 AM   #168
ZenAmako
Frackin!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
Ugh! That’s like a gut punch or watching someone take a massive shot to the groin. Makes you feel a loss inside afterwards almost like someone died.
Too bad he couldn’t recreate his death scene from the movie somehow since he had to destroy it.
ZenAmako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 06:58 PM   #169
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I was about to order this Starscream after the last of my points were saved from my latest purchase.

Last week it was $203 to ship to Pennsylvania...now its $242.14!!

Seriously, what the deuce?! I'm getting a King Ghidorah Statue (35 x 53 x 31) from Thailand and I had shipping options for $150 economy or $250 standard!
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 02:23 AM   #170
extracomputer.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
I was about to order this Starscream after the last of my points were saved from my latest purchase.

Last week it was $203 to ship to Pennsylvania...now its $242.14!!

Seriously, what the deuce?! I'm getting a King Ghidorah Statue (35 x 53 x 31) from Thailand and I had shipping options for $150 economy or $250 standard!
Yes I am not sure what’s up with sideshow they charged me triple actual shipping costs on these jets. Wish I would have known ahead of time. I ordered optimus from bbts due to this. I will say for Megatron they only charged me 80$ for shipping though. They are still making money on shipping but at a much more reasonable scale. I have heard many say they are done with sideshow due to their crazy shipping practices as of late. Hopefully the price on Megatron means they are going to go back to being reasonable. Maybe not if they still have starscream hacked though.