Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 08-07-2019, 09:05 PM   #1
dechirico7
The Flash

Mermaid Sharleze

Kind of weird...

I dont see these even mentioned on their site or here.
Is ARH trying to avoid their market?
Northernlad found these on bbts.

Blue skin version $775

Human skin version $875

I cant see these selling for those prices. I think these dont even come close to the mermaid twins. And with that piece you got two mermaids.

Sharleze? Yikes, horrible name for a mermaid.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 09:13 PM   #2
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Yep...he back....with bigger prices to boot.

this guy really has no shame.

BbTS has them for PO right now....
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 11:38 PM   #3
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 11:50 PM   #4
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

This one seems pretty meh.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 12:12 AM   #5
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Not my kind of statue so I won't get it but I think it is nicely done. Price is most likely a function of tiny edition size. 100 of each. so 200x800 = gross of $160,000. From that you have to buy/create molds, buy materials, and pay for sculpt, painting, shipping back from china, and the BBTS et al cut for selling it. Once you do all that price is understandable. ARH stuff is true collectible, I can't remember the last time they had an ES over even 300.

As for not coming here, well I think it is pretty counter productive. D-Rod jumped on the Great One for being minorly critical of a line in which he (Pheodis) is a big player and buys a lot of mythology stuff but that doesn't happen here. There are a couple of people here who have never and would never buy anything from ARH but they make it a hobby to come in and rip on everything he produces. Not trying to be the forum Police, I'm in favor of letting anybody say what they want, just pointing out there is no reason for him to be here.

The mermaids are on his FB page and the backdrop of his website. I suspect he may have made a deal with sellers like BBTS to have them take more of his product but in exchange they get either exclusive or first shot at selling, but I have no inside info on that.
TNovak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 12:15 AM   #6
stone eagle
Justice League

More photos and info on the ARH Facebook page and on the ARH Forum page this was posted:

"She is finally ready!

This is a 1/4th scale statue, and for those who own the first TWIN MERMAIDS statue we released, be aware that this one is considerably bigger than the first one. They are technically both 1:4th scale, but this is bigger (and badder!)

Now, Pre-Orders will be up soon, but we probably will not pre-order her through ARH Studios. We might have this piece available ONLY through retailers and not through ARH STUDIOS WEBSITE.

This I still have to confirm, but chances are that this will be the case.

The statue was sculpted by Arahom Radjah (After Ehren Bienert) and was painted by our factory in China based on the previous version painted by Arahom Radjah)

Let me know what you think in the comments below."
stone eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 12:19 AM   #7
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone eagle View Post
More photos and info on the ARH Facebook page and on the ARH Forum page this was posted:

"She is finally ready!

This is a 1/4th scale statue, and for those who own the first TWIN MERMAIDS statue we released, be aware that this one is considerably bigger than the first one. They are technically both 1:4th scale, but this is bigger (and badder!)

Now, Pre-Orders will be up soon, but we probably will not pre-order her through ARH Studios. We might have this piece available ONLY through retailers and not through ARH STUDIOS WEBSITE.

This I still have to confirm, but chances are that this will be the case.

The statue was sculpted by Arahom Radjah (After Ehren Bienert) and was painted by our factory in China based on the previous version painted by Arahom Radjah)

Let me know what you think in the comments below."
This is kind of what I was thinking. If he is still in a cash flow bind (likely) he probably had to make agreements favorable to his retailers (little or no direct sales from his website, maybe a higher % of the retail price for retailers) in order to get either front money from them or even possibly direct payment from retailers to China factories to make it happen. But again that is just speculation on my part, I have no inside info.
TNovak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 01:45 AM   #8
cosmic
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
There are a couple of people here who have never and would never buy anything from ARH but they make it a hobby to come in and rip on everything he produces. Not trying to be the forum Police, I'm in favor of letting anybody say what they want, just pointing out there is no reason for him to be here.
if they truly believe that, then they need to think why this hate exists?

Maybe because ARH ripped off so many people?

No one wakes one day in the morning and decides to hate a company. Any serious or honest company would not avoid the "haters" but try to convert them. Basic marketing rules, of which ARH lacks to understand and accept the fact that they ruined most of their fans and business which their actions.

And yes, this statue is mediocre and for that price a joke. Another wrong step towards making things right
cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 03:27 AM   #9
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Oi Sharleze! Fetch me another tinny will ya?
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 03:56 AM   #10
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Not my kind of statue so I won't get it but I think it is nicely done. Price is most likely a function of tiny edition size. 100 of each. so 200x800 = gross of $160,000. From that you have to buy/create molds, buy materials, and pay for sculpt, painting, shipping back from china, and the BBTS et al cut for selling it. Once you do all that price is understandable. ARH stuff is true collectible, I can't remember the last time they had an ES over even 300.

As for not coming here, well I think it is pretty counter productive. D-Rod jumped on the Great One for being minorly critical of a line in which he (Pheodis) is a big player and buys a lot of mythology stuff but that doesn't happen here. There are a couple of people here who have never and would never buy anything from ARH but they make it a hobby to come in and rip on everything he produces. Not trying to be the forum Police, I'm in favor of letting anybody say what they want, just pointing out there is no reason for him to be here.

The mermaids are on his FB page and the backdrop of his website. I suspect he may have made a deal with sellers like BBTS to have them take more of his product but in exchange they get either exclusive or first shot at selling, but I have no inside info on that.
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote