Name:	p1ba.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	125711  
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 08:10 PM   #2
stryker12
Fantastic Four

This is the most bizzare announcement P1 may have ever made. I just read through the entire Dark Nights Metal series and this version of Superman doesn't appear once anywhere in the story. It was just a one-off variant cover. Why would they make a statue of a non-existent character? Because the design in this "fanart" looks cool?

Come on P1, give us the Jason Fabok - main continuity version of Superman already. Not to mention, how many years have people been waiting for the Kingdom Come version?

I don't get it at all.
stryker12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 08:12 PM   #3
Mister H
Green Goblin

An Alex Ross KC Supes would sell very well I would think.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 10:03 PM   #4
SONICobra
Batman

I agree, pretty bizarre choice to produce a ~$1200 statue of this suit personally i think it looks ufly and gawdy as hell
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 10:08 PM   #5
Augen
The Hulk

I didn't realize Metal would lead to so many pieces. For me it was okay event, but compared to a Kingdom Come or Infinite Crisis it didn't feel as grand.

I just hope Prime 1 come through for everyone. I'm still waiting on Wonder Woman Justice League statue so I'm guessing Metal line will be 2020-2024 range.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 10:31 PM   #6
Sonic Boom
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Maybe the Ross license was too expensive? This armored Superman would look great next to the P1 Lobo. However, I feel like the other 5 original JL members need the 1/3 comics treatment before this random armored Superman. It's funny that P1 is already going so deep into this line, more so than wildly popular stories like Hush or TDKR. The BWL must have sold really well.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 10:39 PM   #7
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker12 View Post
This is the most bizzare announcement P1 may have ever made. I just read through the entire Dark Nights Metal series and this version of Superman doesn't appear once anywhere in the story. It was just a one-off variant cover. Why would they make a statue of a non-existent character? Because the design in this "fanart" looks cool?

Come on P1, give us the Jason Fabok - main continuity version of Superman already. Not to mention, how many years have people been waiting for the Kingdom Come version?

I don't get it at all.
Agreed. I don’t get making Grail either. Character hasn’t even been around 5 years. I have zero interest in this, but I’d buy a Fabok or Kingdom Come Superman. I’d even buy the DKR Superman, but apparently they don’t want to sell that to us.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 07:37 AM   #8
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
Agreed. I don’t get making Grail either. Character hasn’t even been around 5 years. I have zero interest in this, but I’d buy a Fabok or Kingdom Come Superman. I’d even buy the DKR Superman, but apparently they don’t want to sell that to us.
I think Grail is due to Fabok. He was involved in her creation with Johns so giving her a push in his line makes sense. I just hope we see his take on many other characters. His Wonder Woman is among my favorites and never seen him draw so many DC characters
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 01:51 PM   #9
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

And how do we know all of these statues will even be made, knowing P1's history. There are statues that they tease and they either don't show anything for YEARS, or they just never end up making period. I just wish they'd slow down on their teases. Teasing something that a person can't have for like ~3 years is just that......teasing.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 03:13 PM   #10
slynger
Hellboy

I'll settle for the 1/4 scale version I have on pre-order. P1's version is probably 2-3 years away, so it's hard to get excited about it right now.

I agree that a KC Supes from Alex Ross would be super-popular and people still want the Fabok Supes. Not to mention, lots have been asking about TDKR Supes that they've shown off a few times.
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote