Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-27-2018, 04:40 PM   #41
vKevinnn
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Mantas suit was sick, that was probably one of my favorite parts of the movies, just seeing that suit and I thought Patrick Wilson was very good.
vKevinnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 06:27 PM   #42
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsdayd View Post
Exactly lol. This whole MCU things has made these people become sheep. MCU is not the precedent of how a comic-book movie should be made. There is no formula.

Aquaman is everything a N52 fan should be. It is campy, sure, but it is self-aware of it's usage of comic-book dialogue. No one was complaining of how god-awful the costumes were in Thor Ragnorok and that terrible third act in Black Panther.
DC can't get out its own way. The old Superman movies and Batman trilogy are at the top of the genre. New Superman was very good, but Justin League was horrific and Wonder Woman was so boring. Even Green Lantern blows away the Justice League movie, I am hoping that Aquaman is good...I won't even watch a Flash movie with Ezra at this point and he's my guy from DC.
Mepaphoros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 06:54 PM   #43
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
DC can't get out its own way. The old Superman movies and Batman trilogy are at the top of the genre. New Superman was very good, but Justin League was horrific and Wonder Woman was so boring. Even Green Lantern blows away the Justice League movie, I am hoping that Aquaman is good...I won't even watch a Flash movie with Ezra at this point and he's my guy from DC.
I think if WB releases the Snyder cut and then makes a really good JL2 with Darkseid, things will be fine for the DCEU. Not sure if Cavill or Affleck are still on board though.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:40 PM   #44
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Finally got to see Aquaman and I found it to be so incredibly awesome! It was a lot better than I thought it would be... so much so decided to PO this statue...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 06:16 PM   #45
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4XCollect View Post
Finally got to see Aquaman and I found it to be so incredibly awesome! It was a lot better than I thought it would be... so much so decided to PO this statue...
I wonder how many collectors from the forums have actually preordered this statue. As there haven’t been many comments to that effect.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 06:50 PM   #46
XMRogue
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I wonder how many collectors from the forums have actually preordered this statue. As there haven’t been many comments to that effect.
Aquaman is my #1 DC Character in the comics, but I can't stand Mamoa Aquaman. I think he's just such a bad fit and a Thor-wannabe in the movie universe.

Still loved the Aquaman movie and glad it was made, but the only statues of him I like are more traditional / comic based.
XMRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:48 PM   #47
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMRogue View Post
Aquaman is my #1 DC Character in the comics, but I can't stand Mamoa Aquaman. I think he's just such a bad fit and a Thor-wannabe in the movie universe.

Still loved the Aquaman movie and glad it was made, but the only statues of him I like are more traditional / comic based.
Agreed. All I could think during the movie is why is Lobo dressed like Aquaman?
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:40 AM   #48
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

I love this piece. Now where do find 3 feet of display space...
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 07:53 AM   #49
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

I still haven't pre ordered this but am really tempted. I love the look and there is just something off about the SS 1/4 version.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 03:44 PM   #50
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
I still haven't pre ordered this but am really tempted. I love the look and there is just something off about the SS 1/4 version.
His skin tone for one, it’s too dark. But for some reason no one else is mentioning it.

But overall I think the Sideshow piece is great (especially given it’s a Sideshow piece, and we all know how that usually goes with their movie line).

And honestly I prefer Sideshows pose over Prime 1’s but I cancelled Sideshows, because I ordered Queen Studios version.

However I kept the Prime 1 because that’s pretty much the scale my collection has been moving into (other than Marvel and Star Wars), and I prefer the skin tones on Prime 1. Sideshows just irritated me, but most seem perfectly fine with it.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote