Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 12-23-2013, 09:29 PM   #1
Royd
Producer
Producer

Supanova June 2014 Tour (Sydney and Perth)

The first guest announcements have been made for the June 2014 tour for Sydney and Perth and they include - Adam Hughes!!!

I've been wanting to mention it and now the news is out Wait till you see who else we have coming to join him!
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:02 PM   #2
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Wheeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:06 PM   #3
MrSinister
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Oh. My. God.
MrSinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 04:00 PM   #4
mez
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Well done Royd, I know you've been trying to get him for ages.
mez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:54 PM   #5
Royd
Producer
Producer

Thanks mate! Really looking forward to hosting Adam (and the other guests) in the coming shows! I'm sure there's going to be a big response

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez View Post
Well done Royd, I know you've been trying to get him for ages.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:55 PM   #6
Royd
Producer
Producer

New comics-related announcement at the Supanova website (it'll appear at the Facebook page shortly) - I recall someone mentioning they'd like to see the major companies come out to Australia, this company is #3 or #4 depending on sales that month:

"Supanova is excited to announce that IDW Publishing will be attending the Sydney and Perth expos in June!

Founded in 1999, IDW has become one of the leading lights in the comics publishing industry with an incredible variety of titles including licensed and creator owned properties such as Transformers, G.I. Joe, TMNT, Ghostbusters, Angel, My Little Pony, Metal Gear Solid, Ashley Wood books, Star Trek, 30 Days of Night, X-Files, Locke and Key, Parker, The Crow and many, many more!

Recently, IDW launched two new divisions including IDW Entertainment (to fund, develop and produce television properties based on IDW’s extensive catalog) and IDW Games (to develop high-quality, big-box games featuring IDW properties such as 30 Days of Night).

IDW will be represented at Supanova by IDW CEO/Publisher, Ted Adams and IDW Editor-in-Chief, Chris Ryall. They will be participating in a number of exciting activities including panels (history of IDW, a look at upcoming books, Q&A, and an exclusive IDW announcement at each show), portfolio reviews, talent search (where one talented creator will be given an IDW cover assignment), exclusive Supanova cover for one of IDW’s books for the expo and other activities.

This is a wonderful opportunity for fans to get an inside look at how a major publisher runs their business as well as offering budding creators looking for work, the chance of a direct line into the ears of IDW principals as well as a possible cover gig for an IDW book!

Supanova is delighted to host such an innovative and creative publisher at our June 2014 expos and encourage comic fans and creators to visit the IDW booth and panels to listen to and speak with Ted and Chris!"

If you're a creator looking to break into the industry, you couldn't do better than show your portfolio to or run your pitch past the CEO and/or EIC of IDW! Plus one person will be identified from the portfolio reviews to create a cover for an upcoming IDW book and there will also be an exclusive Supanova IDW book!

Last edited by Royd; 02-19-2014 at 10:01 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:10 PM   #7
lordrycon
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

that's some outstanding work!
lordrycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:16 PM   #8
Royd
Producer
Producer

Thanks mate, been in the works for awhile and great to see it finally happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrycon View Post
that's some outstanding work!
Old 02-19-2014, 10:43 PM   #9
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Very cool! With any luck they'll have some Artist's Editions available for less than double cover price!
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:46 PM   #10
Royd
Producer
Producer

Haha, that would be nice but this appearance may not include books along those lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrothy View Post
Very cool! With any luck they'll have some Artist's Editions available for less than double cover price!