Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-21-2018, 09:15 PM   #21
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Just in case people weren't aware, but it's up on Sideshow for $1,199.00 USD. The same as Black Manta

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...tudio-9042771/

I copied the link from my address bar, but just in case you might want to go to the site directly.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 12:49 AM   #22
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Loved the movie!
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 05:55 PM   #23
Sonic Boom
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
Loved the movie!
Best comic book movie of 2018. Everyone agrees. Bumblebee was pretty good too.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 07:36 PM   #24
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

So much stuff jam-packed into this movie. Loads and loads of fantastic designs in the form of creatures, armor, weapons, vehicles, landscapes and cities.

I'd love an Aquaman in gladiator armor, King Orm, Ocean Master Orm, King Nereus, and maybe a sea horse.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 10:46 AM   #25
Gruson
Suicide Squad

I’m seriously considering this statue after loving the movie so much. It was so epic. I personally loved it much more than IW. Kind of wish this was 1/4 scale but it looks great. Reminds me of that last epic scene.
Old 12-25-2018, 04:23 AM   #26
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

I just got home from watching Aquaman, which I believe was probably the first available viewing here in Australia on Christmas Day, and though I enjoyed the film overall, there were a couple of plot threads I could've done without or changed.

Honestly when I watched Infinity War I loved almost every minute of it, whereas with Aquaman I'm still critiquing things in my head. I think I need to watch it again at the cinemas.

But even so I'm seriously considering ordering the Prime 1 Exclusive from Sideshow, even though buying the regular locally would save me a significant chunk of change I find that this Ex piece makes so much more sense than Sideshow's Ex.
Old 12-25-2018, 05:35 AM   #27
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Well I placed my preorder.

Now the long wait.

I'm expecting up to 2 years before delivery.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:15 AM   #28
doomsdayd
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I just got home from watching Aquaman, which I believe was probably the first available viewing here in Australia on Christmas Day, and though I enjoyed the film overall, there were a couple of plot threads I could've done without or changed.

Honestly when I watched Infinity War I loved almost every minute of it, whereas with Aquaman I'm still critiquing things in my head. I think I need to watch it again at the cinemas.

But even so I'm seriously considering ordering the Prime 1 Exclusive from Sideshow, even though buying the regular locally would save me a significant chunk of change I find that this Ex piece makes so much more sense than Sideshow's Ex.
IW was a culmination of 10 years. Aquaman is Aquaman. The movie is self-aware and embraces it. It's cheesy, sure, but that 3rd act and cinematography alone was more impressive than anything that I've seen in a long time. 8.5/10 for me. Definitely going to pick up Mamoa and an Ocean Master which is inevitable at this point. Patrick Wilson killed it.
doomsdayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 10:29 AM   #29
Gruson
Suicide Squad

I didn’t care for IW...I thought it was, dare I say, boring? I usually love Marvel movies too but just wasn’t into IW...Aquman was so much better IMO.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:55 AM   #30
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsdayd View Post
IW was a culmination of 10 years. Aquaman is Aquaman. The movie is self-aware and embraces it. It's cheesy, sure, but that 3rd act and cinematography alone was more impressive than anything that I've seen in a long time. 8.5/10 for me. Definitely going to pick up Mamoa and an Ocean Master which is inevitable at this point. Patrick Wilson killed it.
I loved the art direction of the film, pretty much from beginning to end. Can't wait to receive the art book. And the third arc battle was just insane, but highly enjoyable. I can still feel my chest vibrating from the speakers etc. I liked the CG, and never once was I taken out of the movie. I remember in Black Panther I disliked that ending battle and in JL any thing with Cyborg, and no matter how many times I rewatch it, my opinion hasn't improved, whereas it did with WW.

It's not so much how cheesy the movie was, but two relatively small things kinda irritate me at the moment. How the relationship progressed with Mera, which I guess could also be considered cheesy. But particular moments were totally cringeworthy given the circumstances in which they're occurring in. And of course how a main character was missing during the entire final battle, except to appear in a new outfit when everything was said and done. That was just plain bad scripting. The only thing in IW that I found as irritating were those Hulk/Banner scenes, but I've read some people liked the characterisation.

And the creation of Manta's suit was a bit..... how it was done, I just found totally unnecessary.

Though part of me is still not totally sure on the power of the Trident. Or at least how Aquaman used it.

But I totally enjoyed it, which is why I currently have pre-orders on 3 large scale Aquaman statues, and both life size tridents on order, and I'll probably go watch the film again in a couple of weeks.