Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 06-20-2013, 02:13 PM   #321
MrYac
Hercules

well there's been some new info that apparently points to the family list as not being all that great after all, I suppose we'll never really know but I am man enough to admit that I may have been wrong about getting so excited about it
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:31 PM   #322
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
This is what I'm afraid of. Though I honestly see Sony moving towards the same business model eventually despite what they're saying now.

You keep saying that, but Sony keeps not doing it.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #323
MrYac
Hercules

there's no question they all want to go digital, sony only decided against it because they saw the hate Microsoft was getting from all their rumors.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:13 PM   #324
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
You keep saying that, but Sony keeps not doing it.
I'm not saying they'll do it now, why would they at this point? The PS3 has been in a distant third place during this generation of gaming. They want to sell their PS4 and have the upper hand going into this next gen console war. Right now they have that based simply on the fact that they're offering a more user friendly/less controlling gaming experience compared to Microsoft. There is no guarantee they won't change their business model down the road once they have their machines in a large number of homes. Same goes for Microsoft. Just like movie studios gaming companies would love to eliminate physical media and employ some form of DRM. More control = more profit.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #325
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
This is what I'm afraid of. Though I honestly see Sony moving towards the same business model eventually despite what they're saying now.
They will. The basic model MS came up with is the unfortunate inevitability of the gaming world. They just jumped the gun and tried to do it too soon. Got ----- slapped for it. Deservedly so, but one day, this nonsense will be the standard of how gaming works. Sucks, but it's going to happen. It will likely be the gradual integration approach moreso than the clumsy, hamfisted way MS tried to just drop it all on us. Had this been a success for MS, Sony would have been raising their hands at E3 saying, "yep, we're doing it too"
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:35 PM   #326
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
I'm not saying they'll do it now, why would they at this point? The PS3 has been in a distant third place during this generation of gaming. They want to sell their PS4 and have the upper hand going into this next gen console war. Right now they have that based simply on the fact that they're offering a more user friendly/less controlling gaming experience compared to Microsoft. There is no guarantee they won't change their business model down the road once they have their machines in a large number of homes. Same goes for Microsoft. Just like movie studios gaming companies would love to eliminate physical media and employ some form of DRM. More control = more profit.
Um, hate to break it to you, but the PS3 has outsold the 360 worldwide. And that's after the 360 was out for an entire YEAR headstart on it. I would hardly call that "distant third place."
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #327
MrYac
Hercules

the Blu-ray was what really helped PS3, same as the DVD did for Ps2, Microsoft backed the wrong horse in their HD-DVD
Old 06-20-2013, 03:41 PM   #328
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
To me, infrastructure is still up in the air. Yes Microsoft has a better history with Xbox Live, but the entire system for both parties are going to be completely different and new. None of it has been proven, and neither has cloud gaming.

The all inclusive system is also on equal footing. You don't "need" a damn camera to play games, watch movies, listen to music or go online. As of right now, Kinect is simply a gimmick. Not to mention that even if you felt the inclusion of the camera was somehow required (no idea why you would), it would still be cheaper to purchase the PS4 and it's camera separately than it is to purchase an Xbox One.

The interactivity and multitasking category you have listed is also pure speculation. Not only have we not seen Sony's user interface at work, but there is no proof that the demonstration Microsoft presented us with in their conference was actually running on the hardware they plan on releasing to the public. Their presentation looked nice, but that is hardly conclusive evidence of what we'll see.

In conclusion, I see a lot of speculation..... nothing more.
Both have cloud gaming.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:41 PM   #329
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
They will. The basic model MS came up with is the unfortunate inevitability of the gaming world. They just jumped the gun and tried to do it too soon. Got ----- slapped for it. Deservedly so, but one day, this nonsense will be the standard of how gaming works. Sucks, but it's going to happen. It will likely be the gradual integration approach moreso than the clumsy, hamfisted way MS tried to just drop it all on us. Had this been a success for MS, Sony would have been raising their hands at E3 saying, "yep, we're doing it too"

Exactly. Where MS screwed up is announcing this before launching their console. All of this nonsense can be incorporated at a later dater after consumers have already ponied up the cash for the hardware. Once that has happened they'll have gamers by the balls and it will eventually become the new standard.

We shouldn't be acting like Sony are a bunch of heroes willing to take a stand for the gaming community. They're a business just like MS, in it to make as much money as possible. They're just handling their system launch a lot smarter and capitalizing on what was a terrible marketing decision on the part of MS.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #330
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Both have cloud gaming.
but sony's won't be up and running till some time in 2014. don't they call it geki or something