Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 05-19-2014, 09:46 PM   #111
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

All gone now
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:50 PM   #112
risingstar
Jedi Order

I get the sense that this is the type of prop that will keep getting reproduced like Thor's hammer to the point where the market has become saturated. To those missing out, do not worry. There will be more, and the next one might be even better. These prop companies seem notorious for cashing in while the gettin'' is good. I wouldn't be surprised if variants are in the works as we speak. There's money to be made in shields. Why wouldn't they make more? The question is merely when.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:22 AM   #113
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I get the sense that this is the type of prop that will keep getting reproduced like Thor's hammer to the point where the market has become saturated. To those missing out, do not worry. There will be more, and the next one might be even better. These prop companies seem notorious for cashing in while the gettin'' is good. I wouldn't be surprised if variants are in the works as we speak. There's money to be made in shields. Why wouldn't they make more? The question is merely when.
I dont know about that. It took EFX 3 years to get this to pre-order. The only other company I could see doing one is Museum replicas but wouldnt they have already jumped on this from the first Cap Movie. WS shield may take a year to get to EFX Pre-order.

Im all for more shields from different companies, I just would have thought Some other company would have hit the cash cow by now, if thy were going to.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:33 AM   #114
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
I dont know about that. It took EFX 3 years to get this to pre-order. The only other company I could see doing one is Museum replicas but wouldnt they have already jumped on this from the first Cap Movie. WS shield may take a year to get to EFX Pre-order.

Im all for more shields from different companies, I just would have thought Some other company would have hit the cash cow by now, if thy were going to.

There's demand for shields. That's all we need to know. I believe This is the 3rd of 4th one produced since the days of Factory X (2002?). Either EFX, Museum replicas, Marvel Windglass, or someone else will make more. Besides, isn't EFX- Master Replicas 2.0? MR was notorious for reproducing props that made money, i.e., Star Wars lightsabers. The prototype is there. They or someone else make more. Mark my words.

risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:42 AM   #115
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
There's demand for shields. That's all we need to know. I believe This is the 3rd of 4th one produced since the days of Factory X (2002?). Either EFX, Museum replicas, Marvel Windglass, or someone else will make more. Besides, isn't EFX- Master Replicas 2.0? MR was notorious for reproducing props that made money, i.e., Star Wars lightsabers. The prototype is there. They or someone else make more. Mark my words.

If Beast Kingdom would drop their insane $1500 price folks would have a decent alternative and efx would have some competition.
candyrocket786 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:44 AM   #116
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:

I hope that eFx learned from the sins of their Master Replicas days as the company took a beating over the lightsabers being reproduced after 'sellouts'.
Having said that I imagine that, a battle damaged tFA, TWS and Avengers 2 versions could all be made as "new/different" products.

Frobay makes a great point however as I have been on the hunt for a great licensed shield since the first teaser images from TFA hit and no one has offered a thing despite the clear demand.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:22 AM   #117
darthwhitey
The Herculoids

Anyone know a place to still pre-order one of these? I guess maybe they're all spoken for and I'll have to try eBay once they ship?

thanks
darthwhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:02 AM   #118
jlaavenger
Blue Falcon

I only wish that the shield was more shiny aluminum looking like in the Avengers movie.
jlaavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:19 AM   #119
TheStig88
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthwhitey View Post
Anyone know a place to still pre-order one of these? I guess maybe they're all spoken for and I'll have to try eBay once they ship?

thanks
Elite Collectibles will be putting their shields up for pre-order in early July. They sell through ebay though. Link to their store.

Barring that, just camp a few of the stores that are selling them and try to snipe a cancellation. That's what I did.
TheStig88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:42 PM   #120
Vitus
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig88 View Post
Elite Collectibles will be putting their shields up for pre-order in early July. They sell through ebay though. Link to their store.
Their preorder is up now!
Vitus is offline   Reply With Quote