Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-20-2016, 04:01 PM   #1091
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I'm excited to see the full Bane reveal, but I have a feeling I'm going to be really disappointed.

I'm looking at Darkseid and he's 26" tall, and looks really large and priced at $599. I don't understand how Bane could be more expensive, but I'm sure he will be.
It has nothing to do with complex. We all know it's a way to say it's the new higher prices to slowly ease collectors into getting used to it so the shock factor won't be there when the next price hike comes. Kind of like red Sonja. Now we are getting used to the 700.00 plus pf prices, we no longer complain about the red Sonja prices like we first did. Complex bane? No way is it complex.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 04:30 PM   #1092
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
It has nothing to do with complex. We all know it's a way to say it's the new higher prices to slowly ease collectors into getting used to it so the shock factor won't be there when the next price hike comes. Kind of like red Sonja. Now we are getting used to the 700.00 plus pf prices, we no longer complain about the red Sonja prices like we first did. Complex bane? No way is it complex.
I don't think anyone is taking into consideration the sheer size of this piece and why people have said SSC themselves have stated an 800 price point.

That was Bane sized on the small side posted by another forum member months back.

He's huge, in pure mass, regardless of height.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 04:34 PM   #1093
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
I don't think anyone is taking into consideration the sheer size of this piece and why people have said SSC themselves have stated an 800 price point.

That was Bane sized on the small side posted by another forum member months back.

He's huge, in pure mass, regardless of height.
Yeah, I'll end up doing another Photoshop of him once they post the pics on Thursday. I don't think that one is mine but I did one a while back as well. He is huge by comparison, I don't think he's $800 huge mind you, but he's probably going to be in that "Large" PF price bracket.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 04:54 PM   #1094
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Yeah, I'll end up doing another Photoshop of him once they post the pics on Thursday. I don't think that one is mine but I did one a while back as well. He is huge by comparison, I don't think he's $800 huge mind you, but he's probably going to be in that "Large" PF price bracket.
I agree, I was only stating 800 as that was stated previously on this forum.

Sorry if I'm mistaken but didnt you use to keep an ongoing picture featuring all of the DC comic PF's?

If so is that any by chance up to date?
Old 12-20-2016, 04:56 PM   #1095
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
I agree, I was only stating 800 as that was stated previously on this forum.

Sorry if I'm mistaken but didnt you use to keep an ongoing picture featuring all of the DC comic PF's?

If so is that any by chance up to date?
I did...I'll be honest I haven't looked at it in a while...but I suppose it being the Holidays and all I could do a little update work on it in the next day or so and post it up...maybe On Thursday when Bane goes up.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 05:06 PM   #1096
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Wise words as always. Though i'm sure you won't spend nearly as much for bane, you'll wait for coupon or after market.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 05:08 PM   #1097
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Or get it for half off.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 05:15 PM   #1098
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I did...I'll be honest I haven't looked at it in a while...but I suppose it being the Holidays and all I could do a little update work on it in the next day or so and post it up...maybe On Thursday when Bane goes up.
Thanks man!
Old 12-20-2016, 08:44 PM   #1099
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Wise words as always. Though i'm sure you won't spend nearly as much for bane, you'll wait for coupon or after market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Or get it for half off.
True no way do I po anymore. Just too much Es and high prices now. Will buy later. So far I want these but didn't buy yet until later.

Bane
P1
Angela
The green skin girl from guardians of the galaxy
Red Sonja
Jason new no blood on pants version
Blue canary
Xm cable
Xm mysterio
Etc...
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 09:19 PM   #1100