Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 06-30-2006, 12:21 PM   #1
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Wake up Call for the Met's at the hands of the Sawx

That was just a preview of what's to come IF you get out of the NL.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:09 PM   #2
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

yeah man....wow...what a shame....

bosox made them their b*tches!
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 10:34 PM   #3
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocksaint
yeah man....wow...what a shame....

bosox made them their b*tches!
Met fans are pretty quiet. They're probably waiting to see what happens tonight versus the Yankees. Met fans are so spineless. Thats why Met fans get me sick. Yankee fans should chant Boston sucks in the middle of the game tonight just to be ass bags.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:10 PM   #4
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

hmmm can you hear the crickets????

1 HITTTTTTTTTTTTTT....and you guys think youre going far? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Old 06-30-2006, 11:57 PM   #5
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
hmmm can you hear the crickets????

1 HITTTTTTTTTTTTTT....and you guys think youre going far? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Bro you won't hear from them until they win a game. What kills me is that their going to say it was because bum ass Nady & Delgado were hurt. Meanwhile both series so far the Yankees have been totally crippled. This is just as bad probably worse than last time. This time Sheff, Matsui and Cano are out. Last time Sheff was there but wasn't 100%.

IMO the Mets look better than they really are because the NL is so weak. They remind me of the Cards. The Cards have been winning 100 games every year for nothing. They mess up in the NLCS and when they made it to the series the Sawx smacked em'. Allot of Met fans love to say how the Yankees are in trouble. You guys are in just as much trouble and worse is you don't even realize it. You guys better make a move for a 3rd starter if you have any hopes of winning the series. The Cards starters get hot and you may not get out of the NL. As good as the Mets lineup is it's not as strong as a full strength Yankee lineup. Mets better hope those bats are hot going into the playoffs because no way in hell are Pedro and Glavine going to pull a Schilling/Johnson Arizona routine and carry the Mets to a title. Chances are slim to none.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:59 PM   #6
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General
Bro you won't hear from them until they win a game. What kills me is that their going to say it was because bum ass Nady & Delgado were hurt. Meanwhile both series so far the Yankees have been totally crippled. This is just as bad probably worse than last time. This time Sheff, Matsui and Cano are out. Last time Sheff was there but wasn't 100%.

IMO the Mets look better than they really are because the NL is so weak. They remind me of the Cards. The Cards have been winning 100 games every year for nothing. They mess up in the NLCS and when they made it to the series the Sawx smacked em'. Allot of Met fans love to say how the Yankees are in trouble. You guys are in just as much trouble and worse is you don't even realize it. You guys better make a move for a 3rd starter if you have any hopes of winning the series. The Cards starters get hot and you may not get out of the NL. As good as the Mets lineup is it's not as strong as a full strength Yankee lineup. Mets better hope those bats are hot going into the playoffs because no way in hell are Pedro and Glavine going to pull a Schilling/Johnson Arizona routine and carry the Mets to a title. Chances are slim to none.

agree 100%
but damn,,,,why is it so quiet......even when yankee fans lose we still talk it up......
Old 07-01-2006, 12:09 AM   #7
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
agree 100%
but damn,,,,why is it so quiet......even when yankee fans lose we still talk it up......
Thats the difference between Yankee fans and Met fans. They were so pumped when they signed Wagner - "oh he's as good as Mo and he's the Sandman", give me a flipp'n break. He chokes against the Yankees and they want to trade him already. Wright goes on a tear and A-Rod has a bad month and all of a sudden Wright is better than A-rod. These ass bag Met fans at my job have been talking non-stop all day every day, Mets this Mets that, nady this nady that, Wright is better than A-rod, I wouldn't trade Wright for A-rod. Dude the last 3 days they haven't said a word bro not one single word. It's hilarious. Another one that left them speechless was a poll that ESPN put up. The poll was what place do you think the Met's would come in if they were in the AL east - First, Second, Third or Worse. Bro it was 3rd & 2nd place by a landslide compared to first place votes. The winner was 3rd place with 36%, 1st place was 23%. I'm sure those 23% were bunch of jabronis in somewhere in Queens and a few lost guys in Jersey.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:15 AM   #8
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Yo the guys in my job are such typical delusional Met fans that they were actually trying to compare the loss of Floyd and f'n Nady to us losing Matsui and Sheffield. Can you believe that? Nady is a bench player in 29 other teams and Floyd was ice cold until recently how is it the same? I give the Yanks allot of credit for hanging in there with all the injuries and bad pitching in the toughest division in baseball. Don't get me wrong I give the Mets credit too. They beat the teams they're supposed to beat which allot of other good teams don't do including our Yankees but thus far they have looked like a .500 team against the better teams. They won a series against us and the Blue Jays and that's pretty much it. They didn't look too good against the Cards, they haven't dominated the Reds and the Orioles took 2 out of 3 and the Sawx smoked em'. I'll say it again if the Yanks were in the NL they would win 110+ games every year.
Old 07-01-2006, 08:58 PM   #9
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

bout time...hopefully we take the game tommorrow
Old 07-01-2006, 10:57 PM   #10
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote: