Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old Today, 10:38 AM   #1
Jets
Frackin!

Question The Thing: unknown statue

Hello everyone, Recently, I came across a ?statue? that is actually hollow, which makes sense given its size and the fact that it is affixed to a wall. I found this artwork particularly intriguing, especially because I have been a huge fan of the character it represents for 40 years (already^^).

I am almost certain that this piece is not available from the usual merchandise manufacturers, and I suspect it was custom-made. Perhaps it was designed as a decorative element for cinema queues, exhibitions, or fairs, although I?m not entirely sure.

I inquired with the person who owns this piece; they acquired it from an individual for a modest sum (which doesn?t surprise me if the statue is not made of resin and is hollow). Unfortunately, this person couldn?t provide me with more information and doesn?t recall the seller?s name. In summary, I have no leads on where I could acquire a similar piece or whether having one custom-made would be financially feasible.

I present this situation in the hope of learning more. If any of you happen to know the origin of this piece, I would be very grateful.

Thank you in advance for your assistance. Best regards
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1n.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	319.2 KB
ID:	169970   Click image for larger version

Name:	2n.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	842.9 KB
ID:	169971  
Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:35 AM   #2
Halcyon
Loki

There are fantastic artists who can make beautiful 3d wall art.

Instead of searching for a very long time. Think you should ask in the custom corner if there is someone who like to make this (or something similar) for you.

I have seen beautiful (life-size) sculpted wall decorations for around $500-600 from known artists (UK and USA).
Good luck with THING.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:48 AM   #3
Jets
Frackin!

Thank you for your time. If you have company names, don't hesitate to share them, even if it's not my first question, it's always very interesting, thank you
Jets is offline   Reply With Quote