Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 08-23-2005, 08:08 AM   #1
achteel
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Sin City Statues and Busts

I didn't get a chance to see it in the theater, but I watched the Sin City DVD last night for the first time. WoW, loved every minute.
How can you go wrong with a Miller/Tarantino combo.
Anyway, I've seen a Bowen Marv bust, my question is, has there been any other Sin City related statues or busts produced???
Although it's good, I'm not talking about the plastic stuff. I have the Death Row Marv, which is really cool. I'm talking about LE resin pieces. Anyone???
achteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 08:29 AM   #2
bane
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I can highly recommend the DF Marv statue it is a FS and awesome looking , I heard about a bronze variant coming out , if that is true it'll be in my collection also.
There was an Italian company who produced two resin statues but poor quality sculpts IMO.
Then there's the NECA movie based resin statue that looks exactly like the toy figure, they also have a Yellow Bastard bust lifesized coming out but again not my thing.
bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 09:03 AM   #3
RichardW
I am da law!

I wish there were a bust line for this comic. I think the Bowen Marv is way too small and doesn't capture Miller's art style, IMO.
RichardW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 05:43 PM   #4
Uselessfew
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bane
I can highly recommend the DF Marv statue it is a FS and awesome looking , I heard about a bronze variant coming out , if that is true it'll be in my collection also.
There was an Italian company who produced two resin statues but poor quality sculpts IMO.
Then there's the NECA movie based resin statue that looks exactly like the toy figure, they also have a Yellow Bastard bust lifesized coming out but again not my thing.
I have the DF Marv. Looks great, true to Miller's style. Hadn't heard about the bronze variant. I'd probably pass. The bust you mentioned is the only other decent resin piece in my opinion. Wish I had it.

YB Life size =
Uselessfew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 05:46 PM   #5
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uselessfew
I have the DF Marv. Looks great, true to Miller's style. Hadn't heard about the bronze variant. I'd probably pass. The bust you mentioned is the only other decent resin piece in my opinion. Wish I had it.

YB Life size =
I also have this statue and I love it limited to only 750!!!!
I alos thought the movie was awesome~
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 06:55 PM   #6
achteel

Thanks for the info. I checked the DF site and they are showing the statue in a regular version for $200. They don't say the edition size, but I'm guessing it's the one that Sniper says is 750. They also list an AP version with a signed COA from the sculpter. It is $250 and is LE of 199. Nice pics on the site, too.
I'm going to put this one on the back burner for now, but it will jump to the top of the list as soon as I take delivery and finish paying for my highly anticipated Trinity on Motorcycle.
Thanks again.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:00 AM   #7
Grievous
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

NECA was to release a Marv statue. I think it was cancelled.
Grievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 04:34 AM   #8
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by achteel
I didn't get a chance to see it in the theater, but I watched the Sin City DVD last night for the first time. WoW, loved every minute.
How can you go wrong with a Miller/Tarantino combo.
Anyway, I've seen a Bowen Marv bust, my question is, has there been any other Sin City related statues or busts produced???
Although it's good, I'm not talking about the plastic stuff. I have the Death Row Marv, which is really cool. I'm talking about LE resin pieces. Anyone???

I just wanna step in and correct you that it's a Rodriguez/Miller combo. Tarantino just directed the scene in which Dwight and Jackie Boy are driving to the tar pits.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 07:52 AM   #9
achteel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
I just wanna step in and correct you that it's a Rodriguez/Miller combo. Tarantino just directed the scene in which Dwight and Jackie Boy are driving to the tar pits.
You're right. I stand corrected. I had watched a bit of the "extra features" and Tarantino was doing all the talking and I guess that's what stuck in my head.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:36 AM   #10
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grievous
NECA was to release a Marv statue. I think it was cancelled.
yeah that one was based on the movie version and didnt look as good as the df one
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote