Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-01-2017, 04:40 PM   #261
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I remember I got one of my Dinosauria pieces with scratches on one side. I took pictures and sent it off but they told me they had no replacements that looked better. Admitting that all your statues have massive defects doesn't seem like the wisest decision for a company.

It is clear that Sideshow is shipped a certain number of extra unnumbered statues that are to be used as replacements for damaged statues. Once this extra statue inventory runs thin, they are extremely reluctant to replace one of your statues from their actual numbered stock.

This is most likely why people who file a claim right after a statue is released have better luck than someone who files one months later.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 04:58 PM   #262
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vpuik View Post
It may be surprising, but a lot of people judge their customer service based on personal experience.
Not entirely sure what you're getting at with this comment unless you're just trolling? Care to expand beyond the obvious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
I remember I got one of my Dinosauria pieces with scratches on one side. I took pictures and sent it off but they told me they had no replacements that looked better. Admitting that all your statues have massive defects doesn't seem like the wisest decision for a company.

It is clear that Sideshow is shipped a certain number of extra unnumbered statues that are to be used as replacements for damaged statues. Once this extra statue inventory runs thin, they are extremely reluctant to replace one of your statues from their actual numbered stock.

This is most likely why people who file a claim right after a statue is released have better luck than someone who files one months later.
That may seem logical but I can tell you based on multiple problems I've had it's not necessarily the case. I contacted them with my issue within a couple weeks of the item arriving. It's still in stock and shipping to customers that pre-ordered it. I maintain that in my instance they didn't even bother checking to see if they actually could take care of me. Easier to just brush me off as being too picky/overly critical of my item.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 05:08 PM   #263
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Not entirely sure what you're getting at with this comment unless you're just trolling? Care to expand beyond the obvious?
Nope the comment was just meant to reiterate the obvious. Because you have had a bad experience does not mean everyone had bad experiences.

The poster just seemed baffled that not everyone has had bad experienced with SS CS.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 05:18 PM   #264
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Nope the comment was just meant to reiterate the obvious. Because you have had a bad experience does not mean everyone had bad experiences.

The poster just seemed baffled that not everyone has had bad experienced with SS CS.
Yes, cuz that's what I said.

No, what I am "bafflled" by are that people who are lucky enough to have had good experiences with SS are the same ones that conveniently ignore that scenarios like HB's situation even take place. Prior to SS attempting to pass down their broken statue to me I actually had a good history with them as far as QC and customer service was concerned. Yet even then I was fully aware and recognized that wasn't the case for everyone. So you know what I wasn't doing? I wasn't going around telling the unfortunate ones about what an amazing experience I had up to that point and that it must have been a fluke in an attempt to downplay their plight.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 05:19 PM   #265
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:

He clearly stated "they can and have done right by customers." To his point, just because you've never had a bad experience doesn't mean they don't happen and to ignore these accounts of them being inconsistent in regards to how they deal with problems shouldn't be discounted by those who've been fortunate enough not to have dealt with them.
Old 08-01-2017, 05:23 PM   #266
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
He clearly stated "they can and have done right by customers." To his point, just because you've never had a bad experience doesn't mean they don't happen and to ignore these accounts of them being inconsistent in regards to how they deal with problems shouldn't be discounted by those who've been fortunate enough not to have dealt with them.
You can read?
Old 08-01-2017, 05:30 PM   #267
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Yes, cuz that's what I said.

No, what I am "bafflled" by are that people who are lucky enough to have had good experiences with SS are the same ones that conveniently ignore that scenarios like HB's situation even take place. Prior to SS attempting to pass down their broken statue to me I actually had a good history with them as far as QC and customer service was concerned. Yet even then I was fully aware and recognized that wasn't the case for everyone. So you know what I wasn't doing? I wasn't going around telling the unfortunate ones about what an amazing experience I had up to that point and that it must have been a fluke in an attempt to downplay their plight.
That is just the human nature. No one goes around telling that 90% of the time things work, but boy do they tell everyone about the 10%. Which is fine. I've been on these forums long enough to know how that works, but maybe I'm just cup half full type of person that if things go smoothly 90% of the time I assume that the next event will follow suit.
Old 08-01-2017, 05:32 PM   #268
Vpuik

You're right that does suck. I probably shouldn't have even clicked on this thread, but it just happens to highlight it in black if there are new posts.
Old 08-01-2017, 05:42 PM   #269
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
That is just the human nature. No one goes around telling that 90% of the time things work, but boy do they tell everyone about the 10%. Which is fine. I've been on these forums long enough to know how that works, but maybe I'm just cup half full type of person that if things go smoothly 90% of the time I assume that the next event will follow suit.
And if that is your perspective that's fine. But what I don't like seeing is someone being told their situation isn't serious enough or legitimate enough to be of any real value or concern.
Old 08-01-2017, 05:56 PM   #270
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
You can read?
Please don't tell anyone.