Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-21-2016, 03:20 PM   #4581
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLeagueChu View Post
On the Ivy, what's the difference between this variant and the original?
The first released print was altered to have green skin and look like the second Ivy PF colors - green skin

This SDCC exclusive version is the original art that was used for the first Ivy PF - flesh colored

Edit:: and everyone answered this, lol
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 03:22 PM   #4582
BigLeagueChu
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Green skin tone (first), 2nd is flesh time.

Wish they offer framing option on this. Would be nice to display both side by side with the original 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusoid View Post
The original had green skin, this one is flesh toned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
The first released print was altered to have green skin and look like the second Ivy PF colors - green skin

This SDCC exclusive version is the original art that was used for the first Ivy PF - flesh colored

Edit:: and everyone answered this, lol
Thanks guys. I've got the flesh statue so I'm happy with this variant print too then
BigLeagueChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 04:05 PM   #4583
Canadaguy705
Sailor Moon

$90 USD for a print with a fake signature?

Easy pass.

And a 550 total ES for each print now.

Sideshow must be located on a dairy farm because they sure know how to milk it.
Canadaguy705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 04:06 PM   #4584
bloodrain
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
you can actually get flipper price on prints now lol? i thought those were just money grabs from sideshow that noone will ever want to collect. I mean it's just copies, not even hand signed by the artist, and they charge $90 a pop for basically a paper print.

looks like i am wrong. you can flip anything now days i guess if you put a limited edition on it.

anyone wanna buy my limited edition sock? only one in the world and it has realistic weathering and smell!
supply and demand. If people want something and its sold out the prices go up. contrary to the complaining we see on statueforum many people could care less about authorized sig/ real sig / no sig. most people buy prints because they like the art.

for purchasing directly from sideshow it would only matter if you think the initial cost point is relative to the signature which is certainly up to the buyer. If it comes down to the signature for people they clearly didn't like the art enough in the first place.

I've collected art prints (outside of sideshow's) for years now and many don't come signed. honestly if someone happened to get it signed it doesn't matter a lot anyway for value. Maybe if its super rare to find the artist and they rarely sign would it make any difference for prints.

btw the poison ivy variant prints also have a different background more like the statue
bloodrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 04:14 PM   #4585
Morgul Steve
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
I suppose hitting the refresh button multiple times on these pages isn't going to be magically pop one back up for shipping sale, is it?
They reserve a number of them for pickup at the convention. You could find someone that is going and get them to pickup and ship for you.
Morgul Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 04:52 PM   #4586
lucifixion
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodrain View Post
contrary to the complaining we see on statueforum many people could care less about authorized sig/ real sig / no sig. most people buy prints because they like the art.
I never really understood the print thing, especially with nothing to make it even slightly unique like a signature. I would just buy a large format printer and go to town with it. It amounts to the same thing.
lucifixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 04:59 PM   #4587
Gollum
The Herculoids

I've missed out on Poison Ivy it's annoying because this is one I truly wanted but sadly not all 300 will be shipped because it being a comic con exclusive

I will wait for another one that I want but Poison Ivy was my favourite
Gollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 05:10 PM   #4588
novaraven
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodrain View Post
yes but you have the option to ship it instead of pickup (I chose this so I don't have to carry more than I have to and lug it back from sdcc).

I would assume with shipped option you could do framed versions, they show framed versions in the images
When I placed my order to be shipped, there was NO framed option. Oh well.. gonna have to hunt for a frame now then
novaraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 05:21 PM   #4589
dreamactius
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by novaraven View Post
When I placed my order to be shipped, there was NO framed option. Oh well.. gonna have to hunt for a frame now then
I'm sure Sideshow will send out emails offering frame upgrades to everyone who ordered the prints.
dreamactius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 05:32 PM   #4590
built2shred
Phoenix

I really hate it when they do exclusive BS with items. It's pretty hard to even get comic con tickets anymore, not to mention if you don't live in southern California it's quit a drive.

There might be a chance they don't sell out at the convention allowing regular customers to purchase them. A better exclusive would of been real signatures on the prints
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote