Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-16-2018, 11:56 AM   #291
strife87
Spider-Ham

Awesome!
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 12:41 PM   #292
kingdavidf
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I really think they are going to get their assess mega handed to them in part 1 and a good chunk of the team is gonna die, they'll come back in part 2 through some sort of reversal using the stones like in the comic. The permanent deaths will most likely come in Part 2
kingdavidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 12:50 PM   #293
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Infinity war: "thanos wants to destroy half the universe" GotG vol 2: "ego wants to destroy the entire universe" seems the goals of the villans are getting less lofty
Old 03-16-2018, 01:03 PM   #294
Gothamite
Phoenix

It's gonna be Iron Man because RDJ has essentially priced himself out of these movies.

http://hollywoodfly.com/2017/07/11/r...low-mind/8045/

https://www.cinemablend.com/new/Huge...a-3-67685.html
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:36 PM   #295
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
It's gonna be Iron Man because RDJ has essentially priced himself out of these movies.

http://hollywoodfly.com/2017/07/11/r...low-mind/8045/

https://www.cinemablend.com/new/Huge...a-3-67685.html
That's crazy! $40 mil for Civil War? RDJ must have been laughing all the way to the bank. Marvel should have said no and hired someone else. Anyone can play Tony Stark.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:43 PM   #296
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
That's crazy! $40 mil for Civil War? RDJ must have been laughing all the way to the bank. Marvel should have said no and hired someone else. Anyone can play Tony Stark.
I agree. You know, Marvel CU doesn't have to kill a bunch of characters at the end of their contracts. They can move on to a new phase with new characters & actors & still keep these characters for future appearances later down the road. Just get new actors to play them. I don't think, down the road, 5 or more years from now, if Iron Man, Cap or whomever may not make it in CW or the follow-up, appears as a new actor in another movie.

What I'd love to see eventually, is a series of Marvel movies, called Marvel Team-Up, which would randomly just team 2 or 3 used or unused characters together in a movie. Then, you could roll in a new version of an old character. A new Marvel Team-Up film could happen every year or two w ... just hundreds of characters to choose from. Pop a 5-10 minute origin bump in front of each flik & then just shoot for the moon.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:47 PM   #297
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
What I'd love to see eventually, is a series of Marvel movies, called Marvel Team-Up, which would randomly just team 2 or 3 used or unused characters together in a movie. Then, you could roll in a new version of an old character. A new Marvel Team-Up film could happen every year or two w ... just hundreds of characters to choose from. Pop a 5-10 minute origin bump in front of each flik & then just shoot for the moon.
Um, they've been doing that already.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:59 PM   #298
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I respectfully disagree. RDJ is Tony Stark and would be extremely hard (if not impossible) to replace as Tony if they tried to do it in continuity. Sure, they could find another actor to play Tony in a reboot but even then I think there is a very good chance they might suffer by comparison. That doesn’t mean the RDJ isn’t being too difficult or wants too much money. Actors do this all the time – just a fact of show biz. RDJ is probably being a PITA and making unrealistic demands. He is also a GREAT Tony Stark. Those facts aren’t mutually exclusive, just facts.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 02:14 PM   #299
statman
Baron Zemo

WOW!!!!!! I wish this was out now! The month and a half wait until the movie drops is gonna be brutal.
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 02:54 PM   #300
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
I respectfully disagree. RDJ is Tony Stark and would be extremely hard (if not impossible) to replace as Tony if they tried to do it in continuity. Sure, they could find another actor to play Tony in a reboot but even then I think there is a very good chance they might suffer by comparison. That doesn’t mean the RDJ isn’t being too difficult or wants too much money. Actors do this all the time – just a fact of show biz. RDJ is probably being a PITA and making unrealistic demands. He is also a GREAT Tony Stark. Those facts aren’t mutually exclusive, just facts.
RDJ is/was great as Tony Stark, no question about it, but he can be replaced, whether as a reboot or in continuity. There will definitely be comparison, which is to be expected. The new actor should not try to emulate RDJ but do his own thing and if the actor does a good job, I am sure we would enjoy the character.

We've seen actor replacements in many reboots and continuities and it has been enjoyable.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote