Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-16-2019, 10:10 PM   #641
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Midtown Comics has this at 40% off today. I don't know how many they have, so if you want it, act fast!
That's $50 cheaper then what I paid....

Just goes to show you there is about 60%-70% profit margin on these statues (MRSP)
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 10:11 PM   #642
Divinesorrow
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I would definitely pick this up at that price if I could get both heads.
Divinesorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 11:37 AM   #643
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

Just goes to show you there is about 60%-70% profit margin on these statues (MRSP)
Imagine the profit margin on the statues labeled as Maquettes.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 11:39 AM   #644
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

It's really strange because when I go to the LCS that sells Sideshow PFs the most they're willing to ever go, even on their biggest sale days of the year, is 8% off on Sideshow pieces. I'm very curious how they can only do 8% but this Midtown Comics can do 40%.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 11:56 AM   #645
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
It's really strange because when I go to the LCS that sells Sideshow PFs the most they're willing to ever go, even on their biggest sale days of the year, is 8% off on Sideshow pieces. I'm very curious how they can only do 8% but this Midtown Comics can do 40%.
The only way my LCS can get around this is offer 0% off the statue, and give you a gift card to use on comics. So a $500 statue comes with a $50 or $100 gift card toward comic purchases.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 12:12 PM   #646
jeremydmc
Black Panther

When I worked at a a comic book shop the margin of profit on Sideshow was so small they didn't even offer us a discount on SS statues or Hot Toys. Everything else was 20% off for an employee.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 12:12 PM   #647
Gothamite
Phoenix

Midtown Comics probably got a better discount due to getting multiples, whereas the typical small business LCS had to pay a higher per unit cost for getting one or two.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 04:01 PM   #648
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I've ordered from midtown before and while waiting for my order to be delivered I was told that it had to be processed through their warehouse. Don't know how many comic book shops have warehouses but that probably explains why they can afford deep discounts on statues.

And when you think about the pieces that are about to ship from Sideshow soon it makes sense that they are trying to make space for those items.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 04:08 PM   #649
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
I've ordered from midtown before and while waiting for my order to be delivered I was told that it had to be processed through their warehouse. Don't know how many comic book shops have warehouses but that probably explains why they can afford deep discounts on statues.

And when you think about the pieces that are about to ship from Sideshow soon it makes sense that they are trying to make space for those items.
Their stores are right smack dab in the middle of expensive real estate in NYC. They're not gonna keep everything they sell on site.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 05:46 PM   #650
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Their stores are right smack dab in the middle of expensive real estate in NYC. They're not gonna keep everything they sell on site.
Lol you got that right! Wait till the lease expires. The landlord will put them out of business by raising the red t to 3-5 times higher. Here in my area so many business closed and moved out due to the rent. That includes a Whole Foods, Best Buy, Giant food, all closed and moved out after their leases expired. But Amazon came in and bought the land. Bezos making 8 million an hr all last year can afford it. SS will cancel anyone selling for more discounts than allowed which was 10% I believe. I remember my local comic shop didn't know and gave out 20%. I posted it here to help others get better prices. Then a 2 snitch here emailed me asking where and who's the owner. Of course as a total newbie I gave the I info not knowing. Then they cut the LCS SS purchase no exceptions even when they didn't know. I did talk to other comic shops and they hate ss most of them because of how little profits they can make. The ones in Florida raises the statue prices to higher than eBay and more than retail which m most won't sell. Big stores like Midtown comics with 3-4 shops I'm sure they get better discounts.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote