Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 10-20-2005, 05:23 PM   #1
Comicboy
Deadman

Should GG...

After getting the 2 new troopers and putting them up with all the others something looked odd. That something is the Scout Trooper. While I like the Scout, why is he different? Why didn't GG make him with interchangable arms? Do you think GG should have made it w/the interchangable arms? Should they re-visit this piece?
Comicboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 06:09 PM   #2
Achiever
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I'm not really a fan of all these "pull apart" busts. They look cool but when does it end? Why not have Han Solo or Vader or Boba Fett with different heads and hands? Having these "build-a-bust" busts kinda make them less like busts and more like action figures or toys IMO.

That said, I'll still buy them if they have interchangeable arms. I'm such a mark for star wars...
Achiever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 06:10 PM   #3
Emperor'sGuard
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Since the Bikerscout was the first GG bust I picked up and convinced me to pick up the other busts it is one of my favorites. So In my opinion they should move on to other pieces. In the OT you see the stormtroopers with various weapons, but you only see the bikerscout with his pistol so I would think that is why the Stormtroopers are the only busts being made this way so far.
Emperor'sGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 06:28 PM   #4
sith lord utinni!
U talkin' to me?

I haeven't picked up the biker scout bust yet but from pics he looks really good. I always thought they looked cool.
sith lord utinni! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 06:45 PM   #5
darth_thorpe
A day without sunshine is like... night.

i dont think the biker scout should have interchangable arms it would be best to stop making three's of one bust ie C-3PO unless it was diferent from the first bust ok two 3po's are good cuse u got a silver and gold but theres no need for a chrome version of him. ok sorry for drifting off the topic, lol, there's no need for them to do a second biker scout
darth_thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 07:00 PM   #6
Gianco
X-Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicboy
After getting the 2 new troopers and putting them up with all the others something looked odd. That something is the Scout Trooper. While I like the Scout, why is he different? Why didn't GG make him with interchangable arms? Do you think GG should have made it w/the interchangable arms? Should they re-visit this piece?
Pics please!
Gianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 10:37 PM   #7
roguetrader
Frackin!

I think only the major troopers should have interchangeable arms like, well, stormtroopers and clonetroopers in their most recognizable gear.

The only other busts that need this feature IMO are the clones from episode 3 and the battle droid... whenever they get around to doing these.
roguetrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 12:33 AM   #8
Doc Sonic
Statue Forum MacDaddy

The interchangeable arms and swiveling heads add to the coolness factor. Also, it lends variety to your display as all the troopers don't have to be in the same pose. Each can look different.

It's like getting 4 busts in one.
Doc Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 01:43 AM   #9
Comicboy
Deadman

Here you go Gianco.

Old 10-21-2005, 02:13 AM   #10
Comicboy
Deadman

I thought it would be more in keeping with the line if they had made this interchangeable. They could have kept just the pistol, because that is the only weapon you see him with. But they could have used it in different poses same as the troopers. I totally agree they should focus on getting more and varied product out there to the collector. Don't get me wrong I like the Scout I was just wondering why they did him that way. He's already done and looks great with the rest.
Achiever: (Dude, Duder, El Dudearino Great flick!) I see your point about them being toyish. Seems gimicky. On the other hand though I think that's part of the appeal. I like the accessories. Lets you change them without having to buy an entirely different bust and you won't have a display where everyone is in the same pose.