Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 01-20-2012, 12:18 AM   #1
Evolvics Design
Doh!

ANUBIS The Egyptian God Statue bad break!

So I got my new Anubis Statue today and I was like WOW it looks great. Then I started to put it together and had some issues ugh. So first I noticed that the staff that came with him was pretty loose in his had so it would slide down his hand. Oh well that wasn't a big deal but then I proceeded to put the statue on its base and for some odd reason the legs wasn't positioned so it fit right in the holes. Weird I thought it would fit perfect. So I gently tried to get it to fit and one of the legs broke in half. It was crazy because I was really careful and it broke so easy. I assumed there really isn't much I can do here since it wasn't damaged in shipping. So I'm trying some glue on the leg and I'm going to see how it sets over night. Does anyone have any advice? I'm a new collector so this would be my first experience dealing with this sort of issue.
Evolvics Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:22 AM   #2
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Anubis is a gorgeous statue; sorry that this happened to you... hopefully somebody can shed some light on your predicament in this thread.

I've never bought from ARH before, so I'm not the person to ask. Is there a customer service # you can call? I'm not sure if ARH still frequents this forum or not.

Oh.. welcome to Statue Forum!
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:28 AM   #3
Evolvics Design
Doh!

I don't know I can check. But I bought it from a another seller not from them directly so I don't know how much help they can provide. But thanks for the welcome!!!!
Old 01-20-2012, 07:51 AM   #4
Halcyon
Loki

Yes, that is very bad luck. Normally statue resin is pretty durable, the leg should not break that easily (especially when you where very careful).

My advice when a connection 'peg (resin) or pin (copper/steel)' from a statue doesn't fit (well), sand or file it smooth or slightly thinner. Most of the times only one side of peg already will do the trick..

A very good glue for resin parts is Zap-a-gap CA+
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #5
Evolvics Design
Doh!

Thanks I will pick that up and that's some good advice. The glue I used seems to be holding just concerned I'm going to come home and the statue will be on the floor in pieces.