Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-07-2017, 02:15 AM   #1511
aaronica
The Avengers

let wait for more in-hand pictures are before passing any judgement on the Venom Head.

I still remember the sideshow red Sonja fiasco 3 months ago
aaronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 02:35 AM   #1512
MeetThyReaper
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

One final parting thought for the evening: I do agree with previous posts commenting on the teeth.

Some of the teeth do appear to have suffered shrinkage during production. Particularly in the top half of the head. One of the things I REALLY don't want to see lost are the four canines that were not over-exaggerated, but noticeable in the McFarlane portrait.

Also, I'm uncertain if it's the lighting, but I also prefer the pallet of the prototype teeth. The production pieces appear to have a bit too much dark shading compared to the original.

If the jaw is being looked into, I would also suggest a review of the teeth, as well.

Again, many thanks for addressing this, XM!

-MTR
MeetThyReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 03:32 AM   #1513
Joel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
We're not ignoring this guys.
I don't have this PO'ed (only because I couldn't get one) but have to just say I love your post, thanks XM for not ignoring this and being exactly what we all expect you to be; caring about your fans!
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 04:28 AM   #1514
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

XM Studios Premium Collectibles
Published by Bryan Tan · 2 mins ·

There will be NO more photos of XM Venom head photos! There will be NO more investigations of XM Venom jaw big gap or small gap!!! Enough is enough!

...But there will be a solution! The verdict is out! You guys are right! (did we scare anyone with the first 2 sentences?) We are putting the brakes on the factory right now (some heads will roll - the bad Venom heads that is). We totally understand the McFarlane head is important so we will try and get the finals as close to the prototypes as possible. For those 'lucky' ones who got him first, do not fret. Write in to Grace at custcare@xm-studios.com so we keep track of who you are. When we get the corrected heads, we'll send them out. The entire Venom shipment will be delayed due to this exercise but well worth it to make sure fans get what they want.

Onwards and Upwards!
shorudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 04:30 AM   #1515
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

I want to thank everyone here who brought it to our attention. You guys made it possible. We're humans too and sometimes we miss and hit. But it's great having passionate friends here who watch out for us and help us improve our game. Thank you all, especially those tho took the effort to make comparison photos and all (and sorry if we caused any grief to anyone...)

Last edited by shorudan; 04-07-2017 at 04:43 AM.
shorudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 04:36 AM   #1516
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Thank you so much!!! Feel incredibly relieved right now, you have no idea. Although delays suck, it's all for the better so I'm glad this is happening. Thank you for listening to our concerns, and results like this really show you guys are true class acts.
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:32 AM   #1517
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

I.....am....so.... freakin.... relieved and happy!!!! Thankyooouuuuuu
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:16 AM   #1518
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Another class act move by the XM crew. Thanks guys/gals for always listening and considering the concerns/comments!

I bet all Venom owners are happy to wait for the modifications. The MacFarlane head is too awesome and grail to have subpar.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:22 AM   #1519
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Yep. Sucks because I'm paid in full (including shipping) and mine was supposed to go out, well... today, but I'd rather wait and get the right head up front than deal with another Ant-Man situation.
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:51 AM   #1520
risingstar
Jedi Order

Imperfections happen. Someone at the factory level may not have as scrutinizing an eye as long time McFarlane fans. However, all this to say, what differentiates one company from another is how they resolve problematic or unforeseen situations. Halting shipments was the best way to go moving forward. Better to wait a few more months and get exactly what you hoped for than get something right now and be consumed by "what could have been" thoughts, right?
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote