Rescue

I liked the Evil Dead remake. It's right next to my criteron edition of IM3
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:21 PM   #16162
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I think the difference (at least with Pain & Gain) is the Director's intention was to make light of a very serious situation. These guys are still kidnappers and murderers in real life and no matter how stupid they're portrayed it's hard to find their actions funny when you know it really happened. If this was a drama I'd feel differently but as a black comedy I do feel it is showcasing their exploits and glorifying them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideristic View Post
Right, makes sense. I might skip this one for now from my movies to catch up list.
I wouldn't say the movie glorified them, would say it made them look pretty stupid and narcissistic, towards the end of the movie there were even screens flashing saying "This is a true story". Since I didn't know the story before watching it I was in for a shock when the movie took a preety dark turn towards the end.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:47 PM   #16163
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
I cant believe this film was even made. Once I learned that it was based on real events, my mind was blown. Bay has no class whatsoever and I'm disappointed that Dwayne Johnson would be in this travesty.
I think I mentioned it when people first started reviewing it. I refuse to watch it - I will not give my money to a movie that makes light of a real man losing his life to scumbags.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:50 PM   #16164
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
I think I mentioned it when people first started reviewing it. I refuse to watch it - I will not give my money to a movie that makes light of a real man losing his life to scumbags.
I hear you...not that I judge anyone who did pay to see this. I do question any critic that gave this a decent score. Maybe next we can get a hilarious slapstick biopic of Dahmer or Gacy.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:26 PM   #16165
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
I wouldn't say the movie glorified them, would say it made them look pretty stupid and narcissistic, towards the end of the movie there were even screens flashing saying "This is a true story". Since I didn't know the story before watching it I was in for a shock when the movie took a preety dark turn towards the end.
If it wasn't for the fact that Bay tried to make the characters likable by interjecting comedic moments I'd probably agree with you. To me making this anything short of a serious drama or documentary is glorifying them despite the fact that they looked stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
They murdered two people and tried to murder a third. Bay makes the two deaths seem somewhat unintentional. Whether that is true, I don't know, but the disgusting lengths they went to cover everything up pretty is bad in and of itself.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:30 PM   #16166
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Wow that bad huh? It's in my Netflix Queue, thanks for the heads-up. Removed!
oh absolutely. dont want to give away too much. but all i need to say is hand held throughout the entire film BS. and confessionals.
to be honest. i thought i was watching a fake reality show on true tv..
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:48 PM   #16167
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Man of Steel ~ 7/10

watched it on bluray for the first time since viewing it in the theatre's on release. I can't remember what I rated it initially but I actually enjoyed it more in the comfort of my own home. Was able to absorb the whole movie with no distractions.
Still don't agree with certain aspects but I really loved the opening hour of the film. I still wished they focused more on Krypton or setting up his alias but its still a solid film. Looks amazing on bluray as well.
I'm going to dive into those 4 hours of bonus features eventually
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:02 AM   #16168
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Kung Fu Hustle: 9/10 - I haven't watched this in a while, but one of our TV stations is doing a bit of a kung fu movie marathon at the moment. I love everything about this movie.

And I too enjoyed IM3. Probably more than 2 but the first is far and away the best of all of them.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:16 AM   #16169
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Kung Fu Hustle: 9/10 - I haven't watched this in a while, but one of our TV stations is doing a bit of a kung fu movie marathon at the moment. I love everything about this movie.
Can't believe I still haven't seen this. Need to rectify that soon.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:21 AM   #16170
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
If it wasn't for the fact that Bay tried to make the characters likable by interjecting comedic moments I'd probably agree with you. To me making this anything short of a serious drama or documentary is glorifying them despite the fact that they looked stupid.

They murdered two people and tried to murder a third. Bay makes the two deaths seem somewhat unintentional. Whether that is true, I don't know, but the disgusting lengths they went to cover everything up pretty is bad in and of itself.
Dont know what the hell was going through their heads.Crazy stuff.The story is surreal cant beleive it actually took place.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote