Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-05-2024, 01:25 PM   #31
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
The last Hulk PF was about 10 years ago ...just about. It's about damn time for another one. Absolutely!
For me personally, the wait has been since the OG PF. I know many consider it a grail. However, I never liked Kirby's HULK. I know just how blasphemous that sounds, but I grew up reading HULK well after Kirby. All the Kirby HULK portraits in particular is what made me pass on all of sideshow's PFs. I don't like the ape like features on the face of Kirby's HULK. Not to mention, the OG PF isn't a classic Kirby HULK. Sideshow put a classic Kirby portrait on a modern HULK body. Kirby's HULK was never massively muscular. That evolution of the character came later and over time. Let's hope this PF is a 70s or later version of the character. That's the version I was personally waiting for. Thankfully, the XM Transformation HULK quenched my need for a 1/4 modern day HULK. Hopefully, this new PF will do the same for all of you that are still waiting on one
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 01:29 PM   #32
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
So moving forward, we should not congratulate people when they have ordered a new several hundred dollar statue to add to their collection or congratulate them when the excitement of a new piece hits their display shelves.?
Congratulating is a perfectly acceptable behavior here at SF, and nobody should expect to be derided for it.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 01:35 PM   #33
PCS_Sagat_Buyer
Mephisto

Of course you should be free and able to congratulate people on this board. I just find the behavior weird. I usually congratulate someone when they worked hard at something and earned something (i.e. you got a promotion at work, or you obtained a diploma, etc.), or they got extremely lucky (you won the lottery, etc.). When my wife comes home with a new purse she saw in the store, my default isn't to congratulate her. If my buddy has a deposit on a new Tesla, I don't congratulate him on it. But in statue culture, when a Hulk announcement pops up and someone is like 'yeah i been waiting for a new PF', even though we have no clue what the statue looks like, we congratulate them because a pre order matches their desire for one? Just odd.
PCS_Sagat_Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 01:38 PM   #34
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Please no head seam.
Another reason I'm thrilled with the XM Transformation HULK. No neck seam. I bought sideshow's EX HULK vs Wolverine MAQ and love it. However, the neck seam on HULK irritates me to this day. To make matters worse, there was never a need for one. Why have a removable portrait that creates a seam, when an alternative portrait isn't even offered? Makes no damn sense.

No neck seam on this PF will require a killer portrait pretty much everyone will love because that'll mean no switch out portraits. Here's hoping sideshow nails it.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 01:42 PM   #35
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Dude, the XM Section is lower down.

The only issue I had with the previous PF was the COH wasnt executed that well, but still love the piece. Kind of hard to believe it has taken this long to come back to the Hulk though.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 01:49 PM   #36
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
For me personally, the wait has been since the OG PF. I know many consider it a grail. However, I never liked Kirby's HULK. I know just how blasphemous that sounds, but I grew up reading HULK well after Kirby. All the Kirby HULK portraits in particular is what made me pass on all of sideshow's PFs. I don't like the ape like features on the face of Kirby's HULK. Not to mention, the OG PF isn't a classic Kirby HULK. Sideshow put a classic Kirby portrait on a modern HULK body. Kirby's HULK was never massively muscular. That evolution of the character came later and over time. Let's hope this PF is a 70s or later version of the character. That's the version I was personally waiting for. Thankfully, the XM Transformation HULK quenched my need for a 1/4 modern day HULK. Hopefully, this new PF will do the same for all of you that are still waiting on one

I hear ya. I didn't like that Hulk PF either. Didn't like the hunchback look ...and it wasn't the Hulk I grew up reading about either.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 01:52 PM   #37
qz33
Baron Zemo

Still no Divo?
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 02:01 PM   #38
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Congratulating is a perfectly acceptable behavior here at SF, and nobody should expect to be derided for it.
thank you.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 02:12 PM   #39
nearmint
Phoenix

nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 02:15 PM   #40
Bill Lehecka
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Looks to be 4.
Bill Lehecka is offline   Reply With Quote