Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 03-09-2018, 05:41 PM   #91
ottorino
The X-Men

No interest in this but looks awesome congrats who ordered.
ottorino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 02:32 PM   #92
Scorpion1981
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Very cool statue. I hope I get one about the second market. At first time I don't want to buy all CM statues. But now I want them all :-) 21, 1:3 CM Statues what for a display
Scorpion1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:10 AM   #93
azurepred
Zot

Seems like nobody really has this guy.....I finally got around to opening him today. Will have pics sometime this week. Just a few thoughts. Start with the cons:

-The base is much lighter than my other cm/ecc pieces
-The silver paint on the base looks kinda cheap
-The helmet front spike magnet is pretty weak, so don't display him where it might get bumped because it will probably fly off
-Base design could be more detailed

Pros:
-Eye lenses with 3D effect. Is more prominent with lights on due to the size
-Chrome orbs
-Not a pro or a con, but the pose is pretty menacing in person, but still could be more dynamic without taking up too much space
-Accuracy to the real suit is pretty great

All said and done, it's a wonderfully overpriced piece if they made all 300 of these. They clearly didn't, and it seems like maybe 20 tops of these got made??? So, you take the truly limited availability and the fact we will prolly never see a movie guyver statue on this level made again, I can justify the price, as it's more like a limited custom piece. The base is by far the weakest point of it, but doesn't kill it for me by any stretch , say like the sideshow predator 2 maquette base did. I begged Steve to get the license years ago, so I plan on cherishing this piece for years to come.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:53 AM   #94
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Cannot wait for your photos buddy. huge congrats on getting this piece!
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:38 AM   #95
qz33
Rescue

I wonder how these would display with Prime1's Guyvers.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:45 PM   #96
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Shreck View Post
Cannot wait for your photos buddy. huge congrats on getting this piece!
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I wonder how these would display with Prime1's Guyvers.
well, the poses would be fine because their poses aren't any better, but the bases are obviously much more detailed with extra zoanoids and such. I feel like this guy is a solid 1/3 scale with the figure alone, so I think he'd display with other statues in his size better.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:26 PM   #97
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
thanks!

well, the poses would be fine because their poses aren't any better, but the bases are obviously much more detailed with extra zoanoids and such. I feel like this guy is a solid 1/3 scale with the figure alone, so I think he'd display with other statues in his size better.
Thanks I was wondering just how 1/3 it really was.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:21 PM   #98
azurepred
Zot

Got word on the ES for this. Worldwide, it sold about 150 units. N. America, only about 20 units. If anyone who has one is reading this, can you confirm that the mask front spike magnet is kind of weak or is it really strong on yours? If it's supposed to be strong, I'm gonna send the head and spike back to them to have it fixed. Thanks!
Old 03-21-2018, 08:45 AM   #99
ahkun_sg
Frackin!

Unless the base has some creature carcass or diorama scene, unlikely it will be made of heavyweight polystone. I would think it is a inflated version of the 1/1 guyver unit.
ahkun_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:16 PM   #100
azurepred
Zot

To Our Customers:

As you may be aware, there was an unfortunate production error in our recently released Guyver Zoanoid Maquette. Specifically, the center orb was placed incorrectly, resulting in the indentation appearing on the wrong side. Please check the attached photos to see if you own a Guyver Zoanoid Maquette with this error.

We are currently making arrangements to have the problem corrected by our factory; however, this will entail collecting the heads from all the released editions so that they can be returned to the factory and repaired. If your piece does have this issue, please contact us so we can have a shipping label sent out to you for this return. We will only require for the Guyver head to be sent back to us. Please pack the Guyver Zoanoid head (only) into a small shipper box, making sure to tape the edition number to the individual head. It would also be helpful for the collector to write down their edition number on the outside of the shipper carton. We estimate a turnaround time of approximately three weeks for the return of your corrected Guyver Zoanoid head.

We apologize for the error and the hassle, but the quality of our products is paramount to us, and we want most of all to make things right for you, our customers.

Thank you,

Cinemaquette
Elite Creature Collectibles