Princess of the Vampire People!
Queen of the Dizamned
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #42
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules75 View Post
Here's a clearer pic of both versions of the Valkyrie..
PS:That is the torso of the faux bronze Thor being painted in the background

dont get your hopes up. they said they might not release that version
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:21 PM   #43
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
Queen of the Dizamned

Clash of the Medusan Titanic Vampire Queens
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:52 PM   #44
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Latest Queen of the Vampire sneaks look awfully good, hadn't planned on that one but now I think I might have to get that one too.......
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:08 AM   #45
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Latest Queen of the Vampire sneaks look awfully good, hadn't planned on that one but now I think I might have to get that one too.......
She is coming along amazingly. Other than the rest of the Olympians, Queen of Vampires is my most anticipated ARH piece by far..The fully painted Queen of Vampires will be revealed next week!

Hercules75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:42 AM   #46
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
She's basically a rip off of Vampirella and Akasha from Queen of the Damned. She has a collar and arm band exactly like Vampirella and a crown that looks just like the one from Queen of the Damned.

Guess creativity doesn't run in ARH's blood.

The comment is in no way directed at the sculptor. I think he does an awesome job, and she looks gorgeous, but still does not look very original.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #47
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
She's basically a rip off of Vampirella and Akasha from Queen of the Damned. She has a collar and arm band exactly like Vampirella and a crown that looks just like the one from Queen of the Damned.

Guess creativity doesn't run in ARH's blood.
I'm old enough to have actually collected Vampirella magazines back in the Warren days (along with Creepy and Eerie) and I also have a few Vampirella kits so I know about Vampirella. If you want to say this is a rip off of her you can but you should be aware that the collar look is much older than Vampirella, she is just the first to do it with the bizarre bikini. Same is true of that crown, the first time I recall seeing it in several versions including almost this exact same look was in San Julian paint work in the 60's and 70's, including work he did illustrating previously published Weird Tales stories (that had originally been published in the '30's) including "Hour of the Dragon" that featured a vampiress named Akivasha (which I believe was the name recycled for that god awful Kull movie).

There is very little new under the sun my friend. If you think this is a rip off and don't want to buy it then don't, I just like it and think it's cool.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #48
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Not that I don't believe you, but do you have any pics to show what images you are referring to?
Old 05-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #49
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Not that I don't believe you, but do you have any pics to show what images you are referring to?
I don't think San Julian is alive anymore and I don't think he has a website. I don't have time right now but I can search later and if I can't find it I can go through some of my old books and magazines and scan one, but it will be this weekend probably.

I assume you are referring to the San Julian paintings, and the crown right? If it is the collar you are thinking of as I said it has been around forever but Vampirella was the first to use it on a bikini instead of a cape. Even Disney used it for many of their bad chicks, here is Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty

Old 05-04-2012, 10:48 AM   #50
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Yeppers, I'm referring to the paintings you mentioned. It would be pretty cool to see them.

As for Maleficent, I don't think her collar is the same as the one used on Vampi or the new Queen of Vampires. Even the Evil Queen from Snow White has a tall collar, but it's shaped very differently.

My point was that the Queen of the Vampires' collar looks to be identical to Vampirella's except for the medallion part.