Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-29-2014, 08:53 AM   #21
Demona
Martian Manhunter

You can say that DC is scrambling, because they are just now getting around to making movies that aren't Batman.

And that's all because of Marvel having a stream line, well developed attack plan. Would have never happened if Marvel's plan failed since DC has a cash cow on Batman alone.

All in all a win win for us geeks
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:16 AM   #22
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
You can say that DC is scrambling, because they are just now getting around to making movies that aren't Batman.

And that's all because of Marvel having a stream line, well developed attack plan. Would have never happened if Marvel's plan failed since DC has a cash cow on Batman alone.

All in all a win win for us geeks
I agree and I agree. Everyone is also assuming that all these Marvel properties, which are getting to be higher and higher concept, are going to be universally embraced and loved.

Am I the only one who thinks that the infinity gauntlet on film could be a bad idea?

The parts of GotG that were tied to the gem showed that it is a very, very existential concept. GotG dealt with it perfectly, but it was in small doses and wrapped in a great origin film. You could have removed the "Reality Gem" completely from the film. If it ended with them overcoming adversity stopping Ronan and "insert your any super weapon of choice" during the planet attack GotG would have been just as great. Do you really see RDJ's Iron Man being part of this kind of stage?

Having said that the CG teaser looked amazing.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:20 AM   #23
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

IG will be awesome.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:19 PM   #24
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
that was pretty cool,,
Thanos looked killah..

and i really like they are doing a two part film series also. thats kind of a new thing to announce both parts of a film at the same time.

considering Thanos being shown for those films. makes me wonder when DC will be giving Darkseid the green light for the silver screen. at the end JLA possibly like they did with Thanos in the Avengers? and then have him go up against SM in a Superman stand alone film..

man, the nexty 10 years are going to be pretty killah for comic fans.
Yup and I can easily see Marvel delivering based on their track record thus far. My only concern is are they doing too much? Infinity Gauntlet (if that is what Avengers Infinity is about) is one of the most epic comic book stories ever. If their goal is to continually up the ante what do you do after this and Civil War?
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:23 PM   #25
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Plotwise using IG is hardly a surprise seeing how they developed the story so far. I have faith in Marvel so I think it will be ok.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 01:04 PM   #26
El Pulento
The InJustice League

So this is after Avengers 3?.. What Will then be the plot for Avengers 3?..
El Pulento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 01:10 PM   #27
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

This is Avengers 3 divided in 2 parts.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:56 PM   #28
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I think IG is doable and I think it's what they had in mind all along. If not, why even introduce a gem, let alone 3? Nobody outside of true comic fans knew what they were until the movies. And us comic fans would have thought nothing about it if they went a different villian or storyline route.

It's not the story of IG that concerns me -- it's the massive cast that it will entail.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 02:57 PM   #29
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Old 10-29-2014, 07:31 PM   #30
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

By any chance you guys can suggest which comics to read about these power stones with Thanos? I haven't read the Infinite Gaunlet comics yet that's been in my collection and don't know if that's the only one out there. At least now i have a good reason to read them now
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote