Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-01-2017, 10:31 PM   #401
Gecktechs
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
That picture is hilarious and insane, especially since those are all giant pieces.

Go back to 2012 when the Batman PF went up for pre-order, and the excitement/anticipation was insane because it was the first decent licensed large scale Batman statue made. It's why the edition size exploded. Now we have...this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
Missed one.

LOL! OOPS!
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:31 PM   #402
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

To be fair, nobody produced these versions of Batman before (excluding Affleck, not even going to talk about the Beyond variants).

And the Prime 1 head really loves Batman, but yeah, it's a lot of him.

He pays the bills for other licenses though, so what can I say?
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:35 PM   #403
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
Where are you drawing these statements from? Again, as producers would suggest, these items aren't that easy to produce.

For example, Erick Sosa from PrototypeZ stated that the Ryu run only made them enough to move on to the next statue. And I recall comments made by Jerry from Pop Culture Shock making it clear that the production process wasn't cheap.

I mean, I trust the word of someone who's involved with the industry more. Some companies just have deeper pockets than others.

As for making it in America, these statues would probably cost more than they do now.
Low runs cost more. Smaller companies pay more.

The more you make the cheaper it get.
The longer you make the more rep you get with factories and in return cheaper than the norm.

Sosa going to XYZ factory will not pay the same price as if SS went to XYZ factory.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:45 PM   #404
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecktechs View Post

^ ^ ^ What ever you say pal. LOL

In regards to your reasoning on why people can't get their money back for a "used" statue - It's illogical in this hobby. If it not, then explain why "used" pieces like Sideshow's original Hulk Premium Format or Dr. Doom PF are now selling for 10 - 30 times the original price. The reason those pieces appreciated in value is because they were true collectibles (limited) and were produced at a time when the market for larger scale comic book statues was relatively small - it wasn't saturated with options or companies to choose from. And finally, you have price. These things cost about $250 - $300. There was "room to grow" per say. Today, companies don't allow you to "grow." They price these things too close to the ceiling. Being "used" has nothing to do with price lol. Unless of course, you've been wiping the bathroom floors with the mixed media capes and playing catch with your statues - DEFINITELY don't expect to get back what you paid in that case haha

So your in shock that Doom and Hulk, less than 2% of the pieces just SS as a company has made are worth a lot? Makes no sense. You sound like it bothers you mostly because you can't buy a statue and sell it for more money.
What do you mean about "a company not letting you grow". This is not investing. It's a hobby for man/womanchilds, to spend their big boy bucks on.

To buy a piece and have it jump in value is cool, when it happens.
To buy a piece just because you expect it to jump in value is foolish.

There is no point in arguing. You want pieces that you can sell later for profit. Sweet
I want pieces I like of characters I know about and enjoy them in my theatre Sweet.
Different collectors.

Happy collecting kid and Good luck.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:08 PM   #405
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

If I recall CORRECTLY p1 owns it's own factory so maybe that's why they can crank out so many statues. It seems to me that almost every week they have a new pre-order going up.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 11:40 PM   #406
Gecktechs
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
So your in shock that Doom and Hulk, less than 2% of the pieces just SS as a company has made are worth a lot? Makes no sense. You sound like it bothers you mostly because you can't buy a statue and sell it for more money.
What do you mean about "a company not letting you grow". This is not investing. It's a hobby for man/womanchilds, to spend their big boy bucks on.

To buy a piece and have it jump in value is cool, when it happens.
To buy a piece just because you expect it to jump in value is foolish.

There is no point in arguing. You want pieces that you can sell later for profit. Sweet
I want pieces I like of characters I know about and enjoy them in my theatre Sweet.
Different collectors.

Happy collecting kid and Good luck.
(To you and everyone else with this mentality) Enough with this thinking that people who've flipped a statue aren't genuine collector's at heart. I'd just rather recycle the money I've put into the hobby, then continue to pour NEW funds in. I'm what you call a "survivalist." - Yes I've bought and flipped statues, but it's the only way I've been able to afford 80% of the statues I DO own. I don't plan on EVER selling those pieces either because I genuinely LOVE them, but if **** hits the fan (like it has in Puerto Rico, Texas, or Florida) it WOULD bother me to know I couldn't get back what I paid on these things. Especially knowing that at one point in time, you could. Someone on this thread mentioned not too many pages back that a few years ago, it's his STATUES that got him out of a tight financial situation. What's wrong in wanting that? I'm simply observing what goes on in the hobby, and knowing the market is a huge part of that. Your able to make informed decisions and save yourself money while doing so. That doesn't make me any less of a "real" collector like you. We just have different approaches to how we want to spend our money.
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:20 AM   #407
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
(To you and everyone else with this mentality) Enough with this thinking that people who've flipped a statue aren't genuine collector's at heart. I'd just rather recycle the money I've put into the hobby, then continue to pour NEW funds in. I'm what you call a "survivalist." - Yes I've bought and flipped statues, but it's the only way I've been able to afford 80% of the statues I DO own. I don't plan on EVER selling those pieces either because I genuinely LOVE them, but if **** hits the fan (like it has in Puerto Rico, Texas, or Florida) it WOULD bother me to know I couldn't get back what I paid on these things. Especially knowing that at one point in time, you could. Someone on this thread mentioned not too many pages back that a few years ago, it's his STATUES that got him out of a tight financial situation. What's wrong in wanting that? I'm simply observing what goes on in the hobby, and knowing the market is a huge part of that. Your able to make informed decisions and save yourself money while doing so. That doesn't make me any less of a "real" collector like you. We just have different approaches to how we want to spend our money.

Hey, thanks for no condescending emojis this time
I never called you a flipper man. I understand your views and can respect them. That guy got lucky and god bless the fact he was able to get out of a hairy situation.
I can totally agree with all that, except your first sentence. Selling a piece for what it is going for (like what you say you've done) is not flipping imo. Buying more than one piece with the intention of making a false market is though. Flipping is another topic.
I can't even remember but I think this started on how P1 variants effect the original statue of that variants value. Imo it doesn't. Bringing up flippers, I can see how that would upset them. Again, I want Batman in a Black and Grey suit bro, not Purple and White. So I don't see how the same piece in a different color devalues my "most commonly know" Batman statue.

Also. Let P1 pump out the 10 more different Bats. It's better for us collectors. Patience my man. You can get any statue for a great deal if wait these days.
Yeah I already know about XM Mags this and that. But you also know how many damn pieces are being pumped out by all the companies in this game.
I hate losing $$$. Hate it. But when I spend 500$ plus on a replicated statue, that's my own damn prerogative. And the chance I chose to take.
Now more than ever is the time to be picky as hell about your purchases. Stuff ain't cheap and newer versions of these characters are coming out soo fast, values are gonna drop from that alone.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:27 AM   #408
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Geck. LOL.
I was grabbing a beer and just thought of this. Made me chuckle.

Flippers sell all sorts of stuff.

I remember buying Preacher issue 1 after school back in the day.
I sold it last year for 250$. I flipped that S?!t bro. Lmao.
I hear ya.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:29 AM   #409
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
You guys are arguing past each other.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:38 AM   #410
COI

If you want to accumulate for decades, never selling a thing, go nuts.

If you want to flip statues to make money, go nuts.

If you want to flip statues to make money to collect for decades, go nuts. All of these approaches have risks, pros and cons.

Last I checked, people have the right to do whatever they want with their property and money within the confines of the law. Debate/discussion can be fun, but no one has to justify anything. Not sure why anyone cares about what anyone else does, ultimately. People are collectors when they want to buy, and capitalists when they want to sell; that's the way it is. Who cares? Do whatever you want. We're playing with toys on the side of the road here.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote