Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-13-2020, 01:30 PM   #3631
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougrcrumby View Post
Kitty deserves her own statue. Night crawler deserves his own statue. Beast deserves his own statue. I would say they have to make these pieces before they start making Toad statues. Just my opinion.
yeah that wasn’t the discussion, but I would agree with that. I was just saying toad deserves to be his own pf not a proximity or ex or part of the base or a 2 statue maquette etc.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 08:11 PM   #3632
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
yeah that wasn’t the discussion, but I would agree with that. I was just saying toad deserves to be his own pf not a proximity or ex or part of the base or a 2 statue maquette etc.
Yeah. You’re right. I agree that toad deserves to be his own piece. Proximity ex pieces are cool but in my opinion ..especially for Kitty...should just be a place holder for the real deal.

When are they supposed to reveal new stuff again. I know the majority usually happens with San Diego comic con but don’t they sometimes release in New York as well?
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 01:08 AM   #3633
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

We all kind of assume that because of Covid we didn’t see everything they would have normally had ready for SDCC, so expecting more new reveals for the next online con.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 01:09 AM   #3634
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

We all kind of assume that because of Covid we didn’t see everything they would have normally had ready for SDCC, so expecting more new reveals for the next online con.
Old 09-14-2020, 10:02 AM   #3635
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougrcrumby View Post
Kitty deserves her own statue. Night crawler deserves his own statue. Beast deserves his own statue. I would say they have to make these pieces before they start making Toad statues. Just my opinion.
I would agree with this. I think everyone would. I'm just saying IF they do Toad, imo it would be better off as a companion with Blob. Release each separately, and I'm sure people would go "meh", especially with a solo Toad piece. I just don't believe that would ever happen. But if you put both together in 1 Maquette, have a low ES size (low for SS that is lol), then I'm sure it would be a sure fire sale. Especially if Toad would only be included in the EX version or something like that. And no I didn't mean a half body proximity piece. Don't want that. It works for Kitty because of her powers, and somewhat works for Nova even though she is missing half her body, but Toad I just don't think it would work.

Only downside to this is I'm sure Blob on his own with his size and girth would be pushing prices upwards of what Juggernaut and Planet Hulk were. Throw in an additional (hopefully) full-sized Toad piece, and prices are gonna be expensive. That might turn people off, even with a low ES size.

It's a tough call for SS. Not saying Blob or Toad are even on the though radar of anyone at SS, but if they were, they were have some serious planning to do to make it work. Which, back to your original statment, makes way more sense to release sure fire hits like Storm, Beast, Nightcrawler, Archangel, Bishop. All those would sell instantly, without needing any help.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 05:17 PM   #3636
MASTERSAFARA

Cool

Don’t know why this became a discussion for the order in which they might be released. I’m just saying Toad, and pretty much damn near all the main X-men characters deserve their own pf. Eventually. And I disagree with the campion piece maquette. You could do more with the focus being solely on the character with their own PF.
Old 09-14-2020, 05:23 PM   #3637
MASTERSAFARA

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Not saying Blob or Toad are even on the though radar of anyone at SS
I would hope that SS is in it for creating the characters the fans want and not their own personal agenda.
Old 09-14-2020, 05:55 PM   #3638
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
I would hope that SS is in it for creating the characters the fans want and not their own personal agenda.
Pretty sure they are in it for profit.
Old 09-14-2020, 06:03 PM   #3639
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

It is interesting how various folks were complaining SS doesn't finish a line. Then when they do awesome work on a line, it's still "not enough unless every possible character is there!" One cannot win on the internet it seems...

Anyhow, I was curious about this Toad character since I never heard of him. Asked 9 people I know who are into Comic-Con stuff and only 1 of them knew about him instantly without hints.

Then I checked a few X-Men rankings to refresh my X-Men catalog:
https://www.ranker.com/list/best-x-m.../ranker-comics
Toad not listed (from 64)

https://ew.com/article/2014/05/21/x-men-best-worst/
Toad not listed (from 100)

https://www.buzzfeed.com/perpetua/94...-worst-to-best
Toad #88

Just saying some characters are going to be a lot less likely to be made than others...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 07:42 PM   #3640
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4XCollect View Post
It is interesting how various folks were complaining SS doesn't finish a line. Then when they do awesome work on a line, it's still "not enough unless every possible character is there!" One cannot win on the internet it seems...

Anyhow, I was curious about this Toad character since I never heard of him. Asked 9 people I know who are into Comic-Con stuff and only 1 of them knew about him instantly without hints.

Then I checked a few X-Men rankings to refresh my X-Men catalog:
https://www.ranker.com/list/best-x-m.../ranker-comics
Toad not listed (from 64)

https://ew.com/article/2014/05/21/x-men-best-worst/
Toad not listed (from 100)

https://www.buzzfeed.com/perpetua/94...-worst-to-best
Toad #88

Just saying some characters are going to be a lot less likely to be made than others...
I'm honestly very surprised he's so far down on those lists and that people didn't know who he was.

He even appeared briefly in the very first FOX X-Men film.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote