Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 06-05-2016, 03:42 AM   #1861
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Hopefully it looks better in the flesh as it looks bad in those pics.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 03:49 AM   #1862
Bad Horse
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil the sixth View Post

Indeed those pics make it look really bad.Hoping for you guys it's much,much better in person.
Loving Chronicle's replicas & bigger stuff (I have several) but I have not been impressed with their 1/4 statues.
I don't know what to think of this endo...everything looks so 'granular' and not well defined...and then the silver paint application,my goodness.
Well, now it is obvious why getting pictures of this thing was just about as difficult as getting a picture of bigfoot. Given all the delays, I get the feeling that they just couldn't get it right and gave up in the end. If these pictures are even close to accurate, this piece should have been cancelled.
Bad Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 03:58 AM   #1863
Father_Jack
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Horse View Post
Well, now it is obvious why getting pictures of this thing was just about as difficult as getting a picture of bigfoot. Given all the delays, I get the feeling that they just couldn't get it right and gave up in the end. If these pictures are even close to accurate, this piece should have been cancelled.
Unfortunately as much as I hate to say it I agree with the current pics posted
Father_Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 07:23 AM   #1864
Python
Omega Red

I'm taking those pictures as being not totally representative, but based on those alone, I don't regret having to cancel at all. Although I also appreciate how difficult it can be capturing metallic paints in photos so I'm sure it looks much better in person.. It has to really..
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 07:29 AM   #1865
ALPH4T34M
Thunderstrike

Really hanging on hope that it's just the pictures. The company said they were very happy with this paint job so I would love to see some decent pics so that I know whether or not to cancel before I get charged for any shipping.
ALPH4T34M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 08:02 AM   #1866
jaxon
The Herculoids

Thanks for the pics Clutch! Appreciate it mate.
1 more day to go and x3 pics of this thing posted so far.
Wonderfest has never been good for international collectors, experiencing it through a computer screen. Unlike Comic Con where everyone has a camera.
jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 08:14 AM   #1867
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil the sixth View Post

Indeed those pics make it look really bad.Hoping for you guys it's much,much better in person.
Loving Chronicle's replicas & bigger stuff (I have several) but I have not been impressed with their 1/4 statues.
I don't know what to think of this endo...everything looks so 'granular' and not well defined...and then the silver paint application,my goodness.
Definitely appears to have a very rough look in those pics. Almost reminds me of the Hot Toys T700. I just can't see this truly looking that bad.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:56 AM   #1868
clutch
Sailor Moon

You can't go by pics trust me.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 11:14 AM   #1869
sewbacca
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Oh boy, little worried, the detail on this looks very toyish not defined and the paint finish is not what I was expecting. Hoping for some more pictures and some info from Paul.
sewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 11:15 AM   #1870
darb
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

im sure this looks great these pics are in some really poor lighting and metallic paints with the super fine pigments are tough to photograph correctly. The pictures are also highly over exposed being that they were shot with a cell phone. As usual on this forum everyone just poops on a piece after seeing the first and usually worst pictures imaginable.

thanks tho clutch for the pics
darb is offline   Reply With Quote