Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 11-28-2016, 10:48 PM   #2261
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
everyone calm down until you have it in hand, then you can go nuts if it looks bad.

i have chronicle's ed209 and cain, and both are outstanding - at cinemaquette level. So their track record is good so far and hopefully this piece is also produced in the same factory.

No point spamming this thread with all those panic attacks when you dont even have it in hand yet.

Words of wisdom.
CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 11:00 PM   #2262
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
I can't wait until you guys start customizing them... LOL

You know you know us

Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 02:55 PM   #2263
HARD
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darb View Post
I didnt address you at all just made an observation of several people ive noticed on both forums... guilty conscious? lol

bickering aside I am looking forward to seeing this in hand
I look forward to having mine in hand.

Final comment on post counts. Long time reader of this forum. It's not a closed forum, so I can read it. Other forums, you have to register to even read what's posted. Only recently decided to join and make some posts. I don't put any validity, or sage wisdom to names with high post counts. It means nothing. I have nothing to be guilty of. You made a comment about low post counts, and I responded. That's all.
HARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 06:32 PM   #2264
meansheep
Frackin!

Cain and ED 209 still looked spectacular when the first "bad" cell phone pictures were posted. Not the case here with the endo. Even the pictures posted on Chronicle's Facebook page looked bad. I thought the reason why the shipment was delayed was because Paul wanted to improve the finish. What happened?
meansheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 08:11 PM   #2265
Unknown Hero
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by meansheep View Post
Cain and ED 209 still looked spectacular when the first "bad" cell phone pictures were posted. Not the case here with the endo. Even the pictures posted on Chronicle's Facebook page looked bad. I thought the reason why the shipment was delayed was because Paul wanted to improve the finish. What happened?
If your expectation is for the final product to look the same, if not better, than the prototype, then you're going to be disappointed with the vast majority (if not all) of companies producing pieces in this price range/scale. It doesn't sound like you're going to be satisfied. In all seriousness I recommend canceling your order so you don't eat the return shipping cost and let someone on the waitlist have it.
Unknown Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 08:57 PM   #2266
meansheep
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Hero View Post
If your expectation is for the final product to look the same, if not better, than the prototype, then you're going to be disappointed with the vast majority (if not all) of companies producing pieces in this price range/scale. It doesn't sound like you're going to be satisfied. In all seriousness I recommend canceling your order so you don't eat the return shipping cost and let someone on the waitlist have it.
I have not been disappointed by any piece in my collection with the exception of Chronicles' 1:1 endobust. If you are willing to make up excuses for yourself and accept half hearted efforts, that's fine; it's your hard earned cash. My expectations is not that it looks exactly like the prototype, but at least have the piece give the illusion of a metallic entity. What I a seeing is a matte, charcoal grey plastic looking statue with questionable QC. I want to give Chronicle another chance, I really do, that's the reason why I have not cancelled yet.
Old 11-29-2016, 10:06 PM   #2267
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Well I'm 2/2 on getting the creme of the crop so I'll have to see if I can pull off 3/3. I'm not ready to lose my ---- over some pictures when at the end of every day before bedtime I will not be eyeballing my endoskeleton with a mag glass trying to spot every last imperfection, looking for a single reason to dislike it and return it. It's going to almost always be 4 to 20 feet away from me. I don't care that a piston appears melted over a measly $500. If this cost $1500 then yes, I will have 1/4 perfection or you can keep your crap in your shop.

I have not been shy about this in another thread. You get what you pay for. When you don't get what you paid for because a company wanted to pocket more money for themselves, that's when I have a big f'n problem with them. So far, even though I said I wouldn't judge...I see endoskeletons that are worth the $500 asking price.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 10:55 PM   #2268
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Hero View Post
Lobo & Dawg looked just like the prototype if not better.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 12:12 AM   #2269
meansheep
Frackin!

Sideshow's Machiko Noguchi was better than the prototype and far exceeded my expectations. I was going to pass on that, but thanks to "bad" cell phone pics, I did not.
Old 11-30-2016, 07:55 AM   #2270
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by meansheep View Post
Sideshow's Machiko Noguchi was better than the prototype and far exceeded my expectations. I was going to pass on that, but thanks to "bad" cell phone pics, I did not.
The netting was better, but much of the facial expression was lost in the production pieces paintjob.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote